GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hacking (retrofitting) steering wheel audio controls for aftermarket headunit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 08:13 PM
Jackie939
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had some questions regarding the audio controls

1. all 3 audio wires/signals come together as one? and connect to pin 3 ?

2. prior to coming together each wire/signal gets a resistor? Which ohms? does it matter?

3.how is the PAC able to distinguish all 3 signals from one wire? Is it the resistor giving each wire/signal a different value?

4. Which wire doyou connect to on the PAC?

Thanks, just trying to understand some electronic basics as i do this
Old 09-22-21, 09:30 AM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Sorry to resurrect.

TO: Anybody who did the hacking thing posted by the OP.

I want to try the resistor mod on the SC430. That's because the Axxess SWI-RC device mentioned lower in the thread doesn't fully work properly on a 2002 SC430. In the SC430 there is a door/cover over the screen and the plug they use kills off the open/close buttons for the navigation & maintenance screen.

The SC430 wiring diagram shows a blue wire labeled TLSW coming out of the Spiral Cable. It then heads off to a telephone computer. I don't have the telephone option in my car, but I still have the wire. Here's hoping this is the same "unused" telephone wire the OP is referring to in the post.

QUESTION: Anybody know if the telephone wire used by the OP is labeled TLSW in the GS wiring diagram? That would help confirm I can follow in the OP's path.

Last edited by oneround; 09-22-21 at 09:33 AM. Reason: correction in text
Old 09-28-21, 12:39 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oneround
Sorry to resurrect.

TO: Anybody who did the hacking thing posted by the OP.

I want to try the resistor mod on the SC430. That's because the Axxess SWI-RC device mentioned lower in the thread doesn't fully work properly on a 2002 SC430. In the SC430 there is a door/cover over the screen and the plug they use kills off the open/close buttons for the navigation & maintenance screen.

The SC430 wiring diagram shows a blue wire labeled TLSW coming out of the Spiral Cable. It then heads off to a telephone computer. I don't have the telephone option in my car, but I still have the wire. Here's hoping this is the same "unused" telephone wire the OP is referring to in the post.

QUESTION: Anybody know if the telephone wire used by the OP is labeled TLSW in the GS wiring diagram? That would help confirm I can follow in the OP's path.
I didn’t see it being labeled TLSW in the diagrams, but TLSW could possibly means Telephone switch.