GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Veilside Hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-03, 11:54 PM
LexFather

If u want a knock-off, trade in your GS, buy a new Altima and rice that out, then you can have a knock-off car. Don't do that to the GS IF YOU KNOW the difference.

Trust me, when you go to meets or car shows, ENTHUSIESTS can SMELL the difference. Would you want to wear some Nike's or some Sike's (sike, they are not what u think they are).

Would u wear a fake Movodo for $10 from that dude at the mall or save a lil more for the real thing.

Lexus= QUALITY , put QUALITY, real parts on your car bub.
Old 01-21-03, 12:18 AM
Gstt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh nice,
we're jumping from HONDA to NISSAN,
good one!
Old 01-21-03, 12:34 AM
Cosm
Pole Position

Exclamation PLEASE READ !!!

PLEASE READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS BEFORE POSTING AGAIN ! So everybody saying knock off believes that nobody else is cappable of making a high quality hood right ?? So if you don't have a big name then your product is S$T !!! Where do you think all these companys started ? Just because you make something it automatically has to be cheap ? So if I buy an armani 100% silk shirt vs buying 100% silk material and have a expert tailor make me a shirt then the armani is still better ?? PLEASE ! Believe it or not you DO pay for the name. PLEASE !! I WILL STRESS THIS AGAIN PLEASE READ FOR ALL THAT DON'T READ PREVIOUS POSTS !! NOBODY SAID MAKE A CHEAP PRODUCT JUST ONE WITHOUT A BRAND NAME !! For all you know, maybe the hood I could get made would be better quality than the veilside WHO KNOWS !! And as far as everybody else who bought knock-offs and got screwed, you got screwed because you bought somebody elses knock-offs. Mine would be custom made. And just because you got screwed by a company doesn't mean that all companys out there are out to screw you too. Sorry that you had a bad experience but it's a gamble you take. TOO MANY PEOPLE ASSUME ! that's the biggest problem ! Custom made does not always equal crap.
Old 01-21-03, 01:21 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you're right, every company must start somewhere.

But all the name-brands today (VeilSide, Bomex, AB-Flug, etc) started by making high-quality one-off kits that has completely ORIGINAL designs. They never started by faking other people's stuff.

AXIS started by stealing other people's rim designs. Now they came up with a few of their own but they'll still be considere knock-off rims for me. Making some quick money off fake rims then trying to establish a new image doesn't work.

If you buy silk material and wants to custom tailor something, why copy off Armani?

If you wanna make your own hood, that's great. But unless COPY is not in there and ORIGINALITY is, it would be considered a FAKE rather than UNIQUE.
Old 01-21-03, 06:47 AM
RooLex
Rookie

Question

After reading down through this whole thread and I still don't know what a "veilside hood for the gs" looks like ! can any one enlighten me ??
Old 01-21-03, 10:51 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default veilside hood

here it is
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-03, 11:01 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default oops!

sorry ..having trouble sizing the pic .. if u go to www.intensepower.com they have the hood thier.
Old 01-21-03, 03:29 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

while the theory of brand image value plays into part, i think for this industry, it's not as affected as much do to the low margins that dealers, distributor, and manufacturers make.

As for copying, its bad for everyone. Look at the Civic market, no one wants to touch it, they'll just get thier stuff copied. You don't think that VeilSide spends the money having people do the work for designing, making the mold, production, and sales? Dont forget the patent fees that VeilSide has to go through just cause thier stuff seems to be open game for everyone that wants to make a quick buck copying them.
Old 01-21-03, 08:41 PM
LexFather

Dude knockoff=cheap replica. Period. Knockoff is not something made different. Knockoff is looking the same without the quality.
Old 01-21-03, 09:41 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're gonna pay someone to copy something, just hand then an original design and be absolutely unique then
Old 01-21-03, 10:10 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bravo261
if you're gonna pay someone to copy something, just hand then an original design and be absolutely unique then
Definetly... Cosm, do you have a guy who can really put together an original piece??
Old 01-22-03, 04:13 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I personally would not put knock-off stuff on my car. From all the knock-off stuff i have seen the fitment isnt all that great. If i was to get a full kit or hood i would rather get a real one then a knock off so it would b nice and snug and fit seamlessly. But if you say that you can get a copy of the hood with as good quaility/fitment or even better then go for it. I'm not going to knock it cuz i have not tried it. But if you are willing to take the risk, then go for it and tell us how it goes. Personally i wouldnt want to waste my time to go and find someone to make it etc. etc. or even having to search around for a "goood quality copy." Instead I would juss buy the real one and save me the headaches and what not. That way at least I am 100% sure of what i am going to get. But like i said before, if ur willing to risk it, go for it and good luck.

boris
Old 01-22-03, 06:22 PM
LexFather

BTW, I am not trashing on knock-off crap just because. I bought knock-off rims at first (I was new to this ) and they bent in a month, the chrome chipped off and were total CRAPDon't ever buy from Dynamic Wheel and Tire and NEVER buy DIABLO WHEELS
Old 01-22-03, 06:49 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

once you find a company to copy it, let me know who it is, so I can have VeilSide get some use out of thier design patent.