GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The heat is on! + New JP Shade...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13 | 04:17 PM
J$mooth23
Lead Lap

Default The heat is on! + New JP Shade...

My original tan interior was a non-heated model but after doing my black interior conversion I now have heated seats. Just needed the console w/switches and it was plug n play! Perfect with winter approaching.

Also, the neighbors over here at my work carry these JP sunshades if ya'll need any for really cheap so I copped me one of them.

What do ya'll think if I tinted my headlights gun smoke? My work here at Impressive Wrap in El Monte specializes in this kind of stuff so I'm debating whether to do it but since my lights are factory green-tinted I'm not sure if it will come out good. Leme know thx!
Attached Thumbnails The heat is on! + New JP Shade...-photo-6-.jpg   The heat is on! + New JP Shade...-photo-7-.jpg   The heat is on! + New JP Shade...-photo-8-.jpg   The heat is on! + New JP Shade...-photo-9-.jpg   The heat is on! + New JP Shade...-photo-10-.jpg  

Old 10-01-13 | 04:44 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Was the heated seat conversion quite easy? I'm looking for that too
Old 10-01-13 | 05:47 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Looks great bro... I want those wheels lol
Old 10-01-13 | 07:30 PM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

I think ur car looks good as is
Old 10-01-13 | 07:32 PM
sugzz
Pole Position

Lookin good.
Old 10-02-13 | 07:36 AM
Sampak
Pole Position

Ok, I keep seeing this, is Junction Produce some kind of fancy local grocery store chain/sponsor for Lexus?
Old 10-03-13 | 10:51 AM
wheelwh0re
Rookie

LOL no they're an aftermarket tuning company: http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/html/

I think they're real sun shade is ridiculously overpriced. I do promotional sun shades as well, so I'm wondering if I know your neighbor?

Also did a quick chop for you for your headlights. I agree with everyone else i think your car looks fine as is, but the tint doesn't look bad either.

Old 10-03-13 | 11:39 AM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

did someone say retrofitted projectors hahah
Old 10-03-13 | 12:16 PM
LayedOut
Rookie

Originally Posted by Advil4u
Oh yea. I'd say retrofit and don't tint. the chrome in the lights helps accent the chrome wheels the L nameplate And the trim
Old 10-03-13 | 12:20 PM
LayedOut
Rookie

Originally Posted by J$mooth23
My original tan interior was a non-heated model but after doing my black interior conversion I now have heated seats. Just needed the console w/switches and it was plug n play! Perfect with winter approaching. Also, the neighbors over here at my work carry these JP sunshades if ya'll need any for really cheap so I copped me one of them. What do ya'll think if I tinted my headlights gun smoke? My work here at Impressive Wrap in El Monte specializes in this kind of stuff so I'm debating whether to do it but since my lights are factory green-tinted I'm not sure if it will come out good. Leme know thx!
Did you have to put a fuse in the fuse box to get the heated seats to work? I have the center and new black seats but I'm getting them diamond stitched so I havent had a chance to install and try the heated option but I've heard of this mystery fuse that is not marked in the fuse panel of non heated cars
Old 10-03-13 | 05:45 PM
FredNoonan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sampak
Ok, I keep seeing this, is Junction Produce some kind of fancy local grocery store chain/sponsor for Lexus?
Ha ha. I thought the same thing when I started visiting this forum a few years ago. They actually make pillows for your car and ribbons to hang from your mirror. So, not a grocery store chain, but more of a Bed Bath and Beyond for your car.
Old 10-08-13 | 01:17 PM
J$mooth23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mlracing
Was the heated seat conversion quite easy? I'm looking for that too
Yea it was easy just plug n play

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Looks great bro... I want those wheels lol
Thx yo...I'm willing to sell them.

I think ur car looks good as is
Cool I appreciate your input

Originally Posted by sugzz
Lookin good.
Ty!

Lol that's what my lil bro says

Originally Posted by wheelwh0re
LOL no they're an aftermarket tuning company: http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/html/

I think they're real sun shade is ridiculously overpriced. I do promotional sun shades as well, so I'm wondering if I know your neighbor?

Also did a quick chop for you for your headlights. I agree with everyone else i think your car looks fine as is, but the tint doesn't look bad either.

Good looking out no doubt bro! The smoked headlights look pretty nice! I wonder how much the real jp shade is?

I know man, I really dig the q45's still but don't wana pay to play lol

Originally Posted by LayedOut
Oh yea. I'd say retrofit and don't tint. the chrome in the lights helps accent the chrome wheels the L nameplate And the trim
Good to hear different opinions thx!

Originally Posted by LayedOut
Did you have to put a fuse in the fuse box to get the heated seats to work? I have the center and new black seats but I'm getting them diamond stitched so I havent had a chance to install and try the heated option but I've heard of this mystery fuse that is not marked in the fuse panel of non heated cars
Actually to my surprise there was already a fuse(20) in the designated spot! Lol

Originally Posted by FredNoonan
Ha ha. I thought the same thing when I started visiting this forum a few years ago. They actually make pillows for your car and ribbons to hang from your mirror. So, not a grocery store chain, but more of a Bed Bath and Beyond for your car.
Lmao
Old 10-08-13 | 01:38 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Off topic but I noticed your roof is black.... vinyl? Did you notice the car getting hotter during summer parked outside, etc.? I thought about it for 3 seconds before realizing I'm in Texas... I might Plastidip the roof to test this out though it's already getting cooler outside now.....but figured I'd ask you of your experience so far? I like the look and my car is silver, so I'm considering it (along with late model tails, possibly front lip, etc.)
Old 10-08-13 | 02:10 PM
J$mooth23
Lead Lap

Off topic but I noticed your roof is black.... vinyl? Did you notice the car getting hotter during summer parked outside, etc.? I thought about it for 3 seconds before realizing I'm in Texas... I might Plastidip the roof to test this out though it's already getting cooler outside now.....but figured I'd ask you of your experience so far? I like the look and my car is silver, so I'm considering it (along with late model tails, possibly front lip, etc.)
My roof is painted but if I could redo it I would've just done a 3m gloss black wrap.
Yea it did get a bit hotter so I just tilted my ac vents upwards a lil more lol.
Old 10-08-13 | 04:14 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Not that it matters but is your sunshade authentic JP? The ones I've seen are grey and don't fill the windshield as good as the one you have

Quick Reply: The heat is on! + New JP Shade...