GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Street beat customs air bag kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 10:14 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street beat customs air bag kit?

So im in the market for an airbag system for my gs300 (2003) right now its on Tein CS coil overs version 2. I see people converting them to bags. So i want to do the same. First question. Im assuming that i could air out lower if i were to get some sort of set of fully threaded coilovers correct? or will my coils be good enough to air our and possibly lay frame, or be super low? second question, i just called street beat customs, (for the link i will paste in here) they said that this kit is everything i need plus my existing coilovers. He said i dont need air management. of course i would want some type of guages with it and what not. If anyone can give me advice if this kit is a good one to go with, pros, cons, anything will help. thanks guys. I just dont want to buy something and then regret it.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Air...on-Kit/582028/
Old 10-04-13, 10:13 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

really?> nobody? come on now!
Old 10-05-13, 10:02 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Which kit you talking about? You only posted link to their site. You looking at the Ksport kit or the "Super Deluxe Air Suspension Kit". What size wheels you plan on running?

Also, it looks like you have an SC but you posted in the GS thread? So which do you have?

Heres a pic of my buds SC on UAS bags using stock struts. I'm pretty certain if you go UAS with your coilovers you'd be able to lay frame on an SC, not on a GS though:

I believe hes on 19s, the only thing stopping him from going lower are the UAS bags being on a stock strut. Add your coilovers to them, I dont doubt body laying can be accomplished. As for air management, I highly recommend not skimping on that. I've learned that pressures sensors are not 100% accurate (at least the digital ones arent), many variables play a factor with that. Management must include height sensors. E-level is a good choice for that. Many other options out there as well like Dakota Digital, Easy Street, Air Command etc.

Dont just settle for cheapest kit either. Ask your brethren in the SC forum and see what people are using to lay out their cars. From what i can see, the SC is much easier to lay than the GS, but I could be wrong.

just
Old 10-06-13, 05:34 PM
brooklyngs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question can they work on my 99 gs using stock struts?
Old 10-06-13, 10:26 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

dont skimp on air management. I used digital gauges with sensors and a switch box before and it was alright.
switched to elevel setup and its the best thing ever. preset heights on the fly
having paddle switches suck period!
Old 10-07-13, 02:21 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5t341th
dont skimp on air management. I used digital gauges with sensors and a switch box before and it was alright.
switched to elevel setup and its the best thing ever. preset heights on the fly
having paddle switches suck period!
I second this. Get a descent air management system. You will be able to CONTROL the amount of air going in and out as well as monitoring psi in each corner, vs. Working with paddle switches and needle gauges. I don't know what your budget is like, but get descent parts the first time. If not you will regret it, and spend twice as much money. GL.......
Old 10-07-13, 09:45 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Which kit you talking about? You only posted link to their site. You looking at the Ksport kit or the "Super Deluxe Air Suspension Kit". What size wheels you plan on running?

Also, it looks like you have an SC but you posted in the GS thread? So which do you have?

Heres a pic of my buds SC on UAS bags using stock struts. I'm pretty certain if you go UAS with your coilovers you'd be able to lay frame on an SC, not on a GS though:

I believe hes on 19s, the only thing stopping him from going lower are the UAS bags being on a stock strut. Add your coilovers to them, I dont doubt body laying can be accomplished. As for air management, I highly recommend not skimping on that. I've learned that pressures sensors are not 100% accurate (at least the digital ones arent), many variables play a factor with that. Management must include height sensors. E-level is a good choice for that. Many other options out there as well like Dakota Digital, Easy Street, Air Command etc.

Dont just settle for cheapest kit either. Ask your brethren in the SC forum and see what people are using to lay out their cars. From what i can see, the SC is much easier to lay than the GS, but I could be wrong.

just
No that was my old SC. Just havnt changed the picture. I know where im posting. But anyway i have an 03 gs300. Wheels are 19x9.5 +35 front and 19x11 +19 rear. I was looking at the premium kit, and then i was going to get a good air management system. I want to tuck the rims minimum, eventually lay frame. My question was should i sell my tein coils and get meagans which go lower and then get this air system? Or just use the teins i have now? And will this kit be sufficient? The bags are different looking then the uas bags i usually see on peoples cars. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.
Old 10-07-13, 11:03 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just sell the Teins, then use that money and put it towards buying air struts (like Airrex/ KSport/D2)?