GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

rattle.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-03 | 07:22 AM
newyorker
Driver

Default rattle.

I found out that my car rattles where the audio area and somewhere in roof. not sure it's moonroof.
It is very cold outside here in NY....it that why?
my car had so many rattles since I bought 3 months ago...
just plastic rattles...maybe I am too picky as what my friends said.
Sould I go and get serviced?
This happens only When I pass hard bumps...not small ones.

what about your car? is that happended to your cars?

Last edited by newyorker; 01-26-03 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-26-03 | 08:17 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Well thats funny because Lexus are known to be quiet. The LS430 I believe is quieter and more solid than a Bentley. Was your car involved in some sort of accident? Maybe it's the roads themselves. I live in Michigan and we have some of the worst roads, but when I drive on newly pave dstreets my car is extremely quiet. Expecially compared to my Chrysler Concorde.
If you have the Lexus checked out I really don't know what they would do for you. It sounds like your having chasis problems. Is that covered in the warranty? The only thing that gets close to a rattle on my car is the passenger seat and some times steering wheel, but that is a whole different problem. Good luck.
Old 01-26-03 | 01:13 PM
newyorker
Driver

Default thanks

I lived in michigan too...haha..
I had bimmer in michigan.....so noisy....I lived in famington hills.
then I am in NY with LExus...it is very quiet on smooth pavement but only when I pass serious bumps...I hear that...
I think it's moonroof....Because the car is 2003 GS300 only been 3000 miles on it...never been accidents because I owned it from 8miles on it....brand new...
I think I should go back to dealer and check it out since this rattle comes from other area....
Old 01-26-03 | 06:45 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Bring it to a good dealer stay away from bayridge..They will just create more problems for you trust me. THere not to smart there...I say take it to ray cantena in oakhurst or diefo Lexus
Old 01-27-03 | 01:34 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

wheres the rattle coming from? i couldnt really understand your description
Old 01-27-03 | 01:51 AM
newyorker
Driver

Default it's from roof.

interesting....

the rattle disappeared....since it snows outside....

I think it's the moonroof....I tried to push the glass and it moves little bit...not sure it the one...

I will go dealer tommorow to tighten up the roof...
Old 01-27-03 | 02:30 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

The moon roof rattle is a "common" problem. And a recurring one at that. If you search this forum you will find a lot of discussion on the source, DIY fixes, dealer fixes and usual dealer response. Don't want to scare you, but the 98 and later GS series have lots of rattles. [I won't speak for the last year or two, I can only hope things have improved.]
Old 01-27-03 | 03:14 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by purebliss
Bring it to a good dealer stay away from bayridge..They will just create more problems for you trust me. THere not to smart there...I say take it to ray cantena in oakhurst or diefo Lexus
I completely agree.

Took my car to bayridge last week to tighten the front swaybar because it was making noise and to fix a light in the footwell. I left the car for the entire day there for this. Guess what? I pick up my car (I had to call them a couple of times to get an answer if my car is ready)and the light is still broken and the swaybar was tightened only on the right side, so it still makes noise. Thats only 1 example of the problems i had with that dealership.

I have not been to any other dealerships since there havent been any significant problems with my car and bayridge is not too far from me, but for all NYC members i just wanted to know what dealerships would u guys recommend?
Old 01-27-03 | 05:30 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Dog your moon roof stop rattling because it froze LOL.
Old 01-27-03 | 07:56 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RNM GS3
I completely agree.

Took my car to bayridge last week to tighten the front swaybar because it was making noise and to fix a light in the footwell. I left the car for the entire day there for this. Guess what? I pick up my car (I had to call them a couple of times to get an answer if my car is ready)and the light is still broken and the swaybar was tightened only on the right side, so it still makes noise. Thats only 1 example of the problems i had with that dealership.

I have not been to any other dealerships since there havent been any significant problems with my car and bayridge is not too far from me, but for all NYC members i just wanted to know what dealerships would u guys recommend?
They gotta get rid of people there espically that short bald moron. Its horriable there service. The only reason I bought the car there was because they said they would match any price. So I made up a fake slip and the idots went for it. That shows how smart they are lol..Its just bootleg like once I went in there to find out how much a pair of oem chromr rims are and the guy tells me the price (1100+plus my old rims) and he sees I am not intrested so I walk outside and he follows and goes listen I can get you those rims for you 800 in cash. He goes on wed my boss isn't here and" I can slip out a pair for you". I wasn't that intrested in them plus I think thats kinda messed up.Even thought they proably steel your own rims when you go to get service lol
Old 01-27-03 | 08:05 PM
Sovero1
Pole Position

What about Lexus of Manhattan? Any experience?
Old 01-27-03 | 08:22 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Owned by same people. There horriable too but the guy seems nice that is a memeber of club lexus he gives you 15% off for being a club lexus member. So maybe that way they wont mess up your car. If you mention him.I mean I uster live in brooklyn so I didn't want to be bothered but I can tell you Ray cantena in oakhurst NJ is great. Thats where I go now

Last edited by purebliss; 01-28-03 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-28-03 | 11:34 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

purebliss,

Can u tell me how far the Ray cantena dealership is from Brooklyn, how much time does it take to get there?

When u said the short bold moron, was his name Mike, he worked behind the little desk in the service area. If that was him I thought he was good, he was the only guy willing to fix my car and provide me a loaner.

I wish i can experience the Lexus service that everyone talks about in here, so far its been horrible to say the least.
Old 01-28-03 | 12:14 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Well I kinda live over there now so its easy for me. It in oakhurst NJ. I don't know where your coming from. But theres 2 ray cantena Dealers, so maybe you can go to ray cantena.com and find the closet ones. You can trust them. He seems help full but he isn't he likes to yes you to death.