GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS300 longevity

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-14 | 08:57 AM
egs21
Pole Position

Default GS300 longevity

I noticed there are several GS owners (both 300/430)in the "high miles" thread with well over 200k on their cars.

Specifically to the GS300 owners, are there any special tips that you have to keep your cars running for this many miles? Or was this just the common sense oil change, scheduled maintenance, ect?

I have a 2002 GS300 with only 89k on it and I want the car to last as long as possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by egs21; 01-09-14 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-09-14 | 09:23 AM
SureShot
Rookie

scheduled maintenance is all you need. drive sensibly. understand that shifting quickly from drive to reverse will ware the tranny out if you don't come to complete stops in between shifting. it's a toyota, it will run forever under normal use.
Old 01-09-14 | 09:46 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Maintenance maintenance maintenance!!!!! Drive the car reasonabley fair and it'll take you far bro!!! Read around the forum on tips to keep your badboy in tip top shape and you should be alright! Your with the right car, that's FOR SURE...
Old 01-09-14 | 09:57 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

What's up with some of these threads lately?
Old 01-09-14 | 09:59 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
What's up with some of these threads lately?
Allot of new members I guess bro. Can't be mad tho. We gotta take em all in and encourage them to help each other, share info, and stay positive. That's all we can do as good members we are
Old 01-09-14 | 10:10 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Allot of new members I guess bro. Can't be mad tho. We gotta take em all in and encourage them to help each other, share info, and stay positive. That's all we can do as good members we are
No, he has been here longer than you and I lol. I thought that it was well known with ANY car (minus the German crap) to perform normal maintenance and the car will run until someone totals it? I plan on breaking a lot of money on my car at 150k with suspension parts and mechanical maintenance. Afterwards, I won't touch it again until 300k. Disclaimer....OP, i'm not talking crap about you lol

Last edited by SaiyanGS3; 01-09-14 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-09-14 | 12:58 PM
egs21
Pole Position

Sorry if this was a repeat thread. I've seen threads talking about various stuff along these lines but sort of wanted to hear directly from GS300 in owners in particular. I find that most people who have had their cars for a long time are more than happy to talk about how they take care of their cars. There is an obvious passion that goes along with keeping a car over 200k.
Old 01-09-14 | 12:59 PM
egs21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
No, he has been here longer than you and I lol. I thought that it was well known with ANY car (minus the German crap) to perform normal maintenance and the car will run until someone totals it? I plan on breaking a lot of money on my car at 150k with suspension parts and mechanical maintenance. Afterwards, I won't touch it again until 300k. Disclaimer....OP, i'm not talking crap about you lol
Haha, its all good bro. I've been a member for while since I had a Lexus ES300 previously for several years. However I didn't really become active on this forum until I got my GS in July 2013.
Old 01-09-14 | 05:29 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by egs21
Sorry if this was a repeat thread. I've seen threads talking about various stuff along these lines but sort of wanted to hear directly from GS300 in owners in particular. I find that most people who have had their cars for a long time are more than happy to talk about how they take care of their cars. There is an obvious passion that goes along with keeping a car over 200k.
Yeah bro definitely. You gotta want to keep it in condition to really enjoy it thru the years. These cars are truly amazing. I hope you keep yours in tip top shape. Post some pics bro. Share with us your badboy! Don't kind the negativity that goes on in the forum sometimes. Try to find what you need and ask questions, don't worry.
Old 01-09-14 | 07:04 PM
egs21
Pole Position

Thanks Aneidiaz. I've posted pics before. Here is a pic of my GS.
Attached Thumbnails GS300 longevity-img_1379.jpg  
Old 01-09-14 | 09:24 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

214.5k almost 215, it had 211k two months ago, just got my oil pan gasket reseated, and will be replacing my motor mounts as soon as I can. I plan to keep this car on the road for as long as I can.
Old 01-09-14 | 10:18 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Aneidiaz. I've posted pics before. Here is a pic of my GS.
Wow very clean bro!!!! I like!!! ... It looks in PRISTINE condition... I can't express how much I love white GSs bro.. You really found a gem. Better keep that thing in that same condition! Nice wheels and light tints (if your that type) and your good to go man!!! Post pics of the interior. Great pickup bro!!!! That should last you FOR YEARS esp in the condition you got it in... IDK if your the modding type, but keeping it in THAT condition, you'll never go wrong bro. Ever!

Last edited by aneidiaz; 01-09-14 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-09-14 | 10:20 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
214.5k almost 215, it had 211k two months ago, just got my oil pan gasket reseated, and will be replacing my motor mounts as soon as I can. I plan to keep this car on the road for as long as I can.
Man after I seen that GS dashboard with 300+ k miles, your still light on yours lol!! I'm positive you'll keep it on the road for many years to come. Just treat it right bro that's all. Maintenance is key!
Old 01-10-14 | 03:18 AM
egs21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Wow very clean bro!!!! I like!!! ... It looks in PRISTINE condition... I can't express how much I love white GSs bro.. You really found a gem. Better keep that thing in that same condition! Nice wheels and light tints (if your that type) and your good to go man!!! Post pics of the interior. Great pickup bro!!!! That should last you FOR YEARS esp in the condition you got it in... IDK if your the modding type, but keeping it in THAT condition, you'll never go wrong bro. Ever!
Thanks! I may upgrade the wheels at some point, but for now I'm going to plasti dip them anthracite grey and see how that goes before spending a bunch of money on wheel/tires. Don't plan to do any mods as I'd rather just keep the car stock.
Old 01-10-14 | 07:38 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! I may upgrade the wheels at some point, but for now I'm going to plasti dip them anthracite grey and see how that goes before spending a bunch of money on wheel/tires. Don't plan to do any mods as I'd rather just keep the car stock.
Great choice. I'm the same way. I like my car stock. Only a few mods but mainly performance. I like keeping the outside regular. Nice rims that's about it. These cars look good the way they are IMO. Your car looks great bro. It really does.

Quick Reply: GS300 longevity