GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Here We Go Again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-03, 08:44 AM
sld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that. My biggest fear is getting my car stolen, beat on, and then found by the cops. The aftermarket alarm might be the way to go for me.
Old 01-30-03, 09:37 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Dude, this is beyond F-ed up. Losing an entire ride, and now this. Too bad you can't install one of those electrically charged anti-theft devices. Touch the handle and ZAPPPP!!!!

Have you considered a paging alarm?? I have the Clifford unit that has an LCD remote that gives constant status of the vehicle. Remote start, too. Maybe something for you to consider????

Peace,
Eric
Old 01-30-03, 12:21 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ebruceii

Have you considered a paging alarm?? I have the Clifford unit that has an LCD remote that gives constant status of the vehicle. Remote start, too. Maybe something for you to consider????

Peace,
Eric
and what would you suggest i would do if i was alerted to the perpetrator and responded and found individual in the car? Most likely the thief would put up a fight, have a backup individual on standby in case this would happen, or who knows what else.

I'm sorry to tell you that I would probably just keep on walking and make believe its not my car. The only thing i would do is call the cops, get the license plate of the getaway car and that about it. The lexus is replaceable, an eye, a damaged heart (after a stabbing or gunshot) or a life cannot be. Please be careful on what your actions should be if this should ever happen to you.
Old 01-30-03, 12:53 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4fun
and what would you suggest i would do if i was alerted to the perpetrator and responded and found individual in the car? Most likely the thief would put up a fight, have a backup individual on standby in case this would happen, or who knows what else.

I'm sorry to tell you that I would probably just keep on walking and make believe its not my car. The only thing i would do is call the cops, get the license plate of the getaway car and that about it. The lexus is replaceable, an eye, a damaged heart (after a stabbing or gunshot) or a life cannot be. Please be careful on what your actions should be if this should ever happen to you.
Well, I know that alot of folks on this board would say "I would just carry my strap with me and then........etc.", but you're 100% right. A car is not worth a potentially life-threatening altercation. I would just call 5-0, I guess.
Old 01-30-03, 01:15 PM
QTnaGS3
Driver School Candidate

Default You think that is bad!

I am sorry to hear about that.

Our cars are just crook magnets.

I was at a gas station and I saw these two young kids. Now, my windows are blacked out so all they see is me getting out of the car, they do not see my husband in the passenger seat. They begin to snoop around the gas pump (now my husband is watching the whole time he's One-Time if you knowwhat I mean) . As I get ready to get back in the car , they begin moving towards my car, my husband gets out shows them the handle of his S&W and they politely go walking away.

They were going to jack me! A young 5'3" female that they thought was all alone. That was almost their last day on earth!
Old 01-30-03, 03:43 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by theanimala

Hearing your story shows me how badly I got ripped by the dealer. I had only the one door lock busted, and Lexus charged me $500 to fix it. You are getting 2 fixed for only $100 more. It's these rip off prices that continue to remind me of why I never have my dealer do any of my service. They are bigger theives then the bastard that broke into my car!
Yep...i feel the thieves here are the dealers...here's the breakdown:

Left cylinder and key set = 89.90
Right cylinder and key set = 89.90
Lexus Labor = 425.00!
Misc supplies = 10.00
Tax = 36.89

TOTAL = $651.69

You decide for yourself who the thieves are....I previously swapped out a lock set from one door and it took about 1 hour. So for both doors and repinning the key locks might have taken 3 to 4 hours total.

For $425 for about 4 hours....we're talking over $100 bucks per hour.
Not too bad for great customer service.

Did i forget to mention they scratched the heck out of my driver's side door ....i will try to buff it out tomorrow...if there is any residual damage...they gonna hear from me...

After this frustration...i decided to take a vacation day tomorrow and just DO NOTHING ALL DAY!
Old 01-30-03, 04:44 PM
LexFather

Dude, what a time you are having.
Old 01-30-03, 05:42 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Damn bro.

Hey GS4fun. I can't beleive this. I still remember clearly the first time I saw your car at Hot Import Nights in AC. How could this happen bro. ? Damn I hate theives... Sorry to hear that bro.

Paul
Old 01-30-03, 05:45 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Damn bro.

Originally posted by PAULGS430
Hey GS4fun. I can't beleive this. I still remember clearly the first time I saw your car at Hot Import Nights in AC. How could this happen bro. ? Damn I hate theives... Sorry to hear that bro.

Paul
Those were the good old days...how things change huh...
Old 01-30-03, 11:31 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hear that bro..
Old 01-31-03, 11:32 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey GS4fun, sorry about your vandalism. Those things really **** me off. Were you in newark at the time? I thought they were revitalizing that entire area.

I never take my GS to the mall or anywhere that might be a bit shady. You never know with vandals. My acura TL got hit twice and both times they jacked the HID's. This was out of the paramus mall parking lot. The other time it was in my company parking lot.

Talk about *****. Each time the cost was over 3k. Luckily, it was covered under my comprehesive.

Vandals suck!
Old 02-01-03, 07:17 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

are you guys saying that people can just jam a screw driver into your keyhole and unlock the door. if this is the case are other brand cars the same? i thought laser cut keys were extremly hard to get pass. this is making me want to get an aftermarket alarm, well i know i need one but i thought factory alarm are decent. and opinons on aftermarket alarms
Old 02-01-03, 07:23 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by joshoowa
are you guys saying that people can just jam a screw driver into your keyhole and unlock the door. if this is the case are other brand cars the same? i thought laser cut keys were extremly hard to get pass. this is making me want to get an aftermarket alarm, well i know i need one but i thought factory alarm are decent. and opinons on aftermarket alarms

unless i'm mistaken, the key is to prevent the theft of the car not then getting in. that laser cut key is for the ignition, thats why they look around for the spare or valet key
Old 02-01-03, 07:28 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by joshoowa
Yes...unlocking the door and getting in seems to be very easy for a pro. They might not be able to take the car....but like bluelex says above.....but doesn't prevent from taking anything they want to.....or causing serious damage to the interior.

Oh well...what you gonna do....aftermarket alarm may help a little but is not a cure all.
Old 02-02-03, 05:39 PM
Alewifebp
Driver

I feel for you. I had the same thing happen on my passenger side door. I was surprised that the alarm did not seem to go off after these are broken. Seems a little too easy to get in to the car to me. They only ruffled around a couple of things, looking for the valet key. But, i only spent about $150 to replace the one lock, with labor.

And, I guess thieves must find a large amount of cars that keep the valet key inside the car. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Quick Reply: Here We Go Again!