GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hooray ClubLexus!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-03, 07:17 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooray ClubLexus!

I've been looking for a GS400 for a few weeks now and been looking on the internet for a owners group that had members in the USA - I just found this site and I am tickled pink!

Its great to see so many of you here! I hope to soon join the ranks as my Lexus dealership is expecting a 1999 Cinnabar GS400 any day now. I've got no details of what ammenities it comes with but it shouldn't matter as long as it is in good shape. Is there anything in particular I should check on a GS400 that I am looking at buying?

I've been limiting my searches to Certified pre-owned only, and plan on asking the dealership to throw in the 60k service. Can someone give me an idea on how much the 60k service costs?

Initial plans once I get it will be an Alarm, Exhaust and intake system. Does anyone have the HKS Hyper exhaust?

Back to reading, thanks for any info you can lend!
Old 01-31-03, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

welcome to the club it's safe to tell you this is one of the largest lexus site out there, and trust me, anything you wanna know about the GS, someone here will be able to tell ya

make a post in the engine section about the hks exhuast, i am sure someone has it. for 60k service it varies A LOT from city to city, and dealers to dealers. i have no idea coz' i never go to dealer for service though
Old 02-01-03, 01:45 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome, and may i suggest you become familiar with the Search button...it'll give you loads upon loads of info
Old 02-01-03, 03:21 PM
LVgs400
Pole Position

Welcome to the club.. I used to have the HKS system, but I now have Greddy's PE on my car right now. But yes... use that search button.
Old 02-01-03, 08:43 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hooray ClubLexus!

Originally posted by Stealther
I've been looking for a GS400 for a few weeks now and been looking on the internet for a owners group that had members in the USA - I just found this site and I am tickled pink!

Its great to see so many of you here! I hope to soon join the ranks as my Lexus dealership is expecting a 1999 Cinnabar GS400 any day now. I've got no details of what ammenities it comes with but it shouldn't matter as long as it is in good shape. Is there anything in particular I should check on a GS400 that I am looking at buying?

I've been limiting my searches to Certified pre-owned only, and plan on asking the dealership to throw in the 60k service. Can someone give me an idea on how much the 60k service costs?

Initial plans once I get it will be an Alarm, Exhaust and intake system. Does anyone have the HKS Hyper exhaust?

Back to reading, thanks for any info you can lend!
Nice color choice!!

BTW, where in Texas do you live??

Last edited by UTGS400; 02-01-03 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-01-03, 11:15 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Hooray ClubLexus!

Originally posted by UTGS400
Nice color choice!!

BTW, where in Texas do you live??
Not to sound paranoid, but I'll tell ya after I pick up the car (assuming it all checks out).

Ok, that does sound paranoid, but that was because a guy I knew had a sliver GS400 and when I asked him how he liked it he asked about the car I was looking at. Well he said "Thats the color I was looking for!, they didn't have one in the whole nation when I bought my GS!" He then started to rub his chin and say "hmmm! Where did you say this car was? " He backed down at pistol point though (just kidding ).

I went and took a peek at it today but will go and Testdrive it on Monday. Looks like a base package. Has Xenon lamps and heated seats but that's it as far as options go. 51k miles with two rock chips on the hood, the place is asking $29,900 for it (CPO). It seems a little high to me, what do you guys think?
Old 02-01-03, 11:17 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LVgs400
Welcome to the club.. I used to have the HKS system, but I now have Greddy's PE on my car right now. But yes... use that search button.
How would you rate it against the HKS exhaust as far as tonal quality and power gain?

Is the HKS for sale?

Last edited by Stealther; 02-01-03 at 11:41 PM.