GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-15, 09:48 AM
Crotalus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first post

My name is Stephen, I live in Southern California and drive a 99 GS400. I've owned it for the past 4 years and its my baby. Thus far I've kept it stock and maintained it as it was in great condition albeit high mileage when I purchased it from the original owner. Looking to do some modifications to it in the near future.

99 GS400

Exterior Color - Black
Interior color - Tan
Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
Audio Options - Nakamichi
Any modifications - Stock(for the moment)
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexusfront.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexusrear.jpg  
Old 09-03-15, 11:57 AM
ilcitdream
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so I posted awhile back but I didn't post any pictures of my car. Here they are...

I have a 99 gs400 Black with Tan interior (Don't love it, but Don't hate either)
Bought about a month and a half ago with 109,xxx miles on it for 6K.
Had timing belt services done at 87k Miles and the previous owner owned it and only put on 20K miles in 7 years (his wife drove it). Really well maintained.
I am a little south of Des Moines, Iowa and I love this car. I have been wanting one for years now!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0745.jpg  
Old 09-09-15, 04:12 PM
ProjectOZ
2nd gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hello there,

I do not own a Lexus GS but my friend owns a 97 Aristo V300 vertex. He recommended me to this forum as a good place to cross reference information with the second generation Lexus GS.

He has graciously let me drive his car multiple times and it's decided that I will be saving for one over the winter months and during that time do my research and make all the necessary preparations for it.

Just posting here to introduce myself and you'll see my posts here and there. I'll be like a sponge, learning.

I am going to lightly look around for an Aristo for myself to import, but the most important part is researching on forums like these, and other areas of need, such as insurance etc. The second most important part is the saving up of money throughout the winter. I'm like a hermit in the winter so it shouldn't be that bad to do.

I drive a 2000 Saturn LW2, was a dead car when I bought it and now thanks to the help of friends (I am learning as I go) she now looks like the latter two photos (Except definitely blue, the gray scheme was a style effect)

Full 10 page build thread for those interested in Saturns for some strange reason: http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=5241.0

I also drive a 1995 Saturn SC2 that needed work as well, and it's purpose is for autocross.

As you can tell I am kinda stuck in a rut with Saturns, a platform I know and am comfortable with. The planned Aristo will be a jump into unfamiliar territory. I am both excited and nervous.

Good to be here and I look forward to chatting with you guys and learning as much as I can, expect to see my posts around here and I'll try to contribute however I can as well !
Old 09-13-15, 12:28 PM
silva1181
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how's it going name is Marc. I've been away from the Forum for about 3 years and thought i'd re-introduce myself since I just purchased an 03 GS3.

I've been doing a lot of reading over the past week to find info on the two changes i plan to make which are upgrade to 17" or 18" oem five spoke wheels and retrofit projector headlights. Definitely a lot of information to read through.

Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300-2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-gs300.jpg  
Old 09-15-15, 12:47 PM
Gdwrench35
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First time Lexus owner from Kansas City

Hello everybody. I just recently purchased an unmolested 2001 GS 300.

Exterior Color - White
Interior color - Tan
Major Options or special packages - Unsure
Audio Options - 6 disc changer in glove box with woofer in rear deck.
Any modifications - None that I'm aware of.
84,000 miles
I'll add pictures later today.

I purchased from an older couple locally who were the original owners. Always garage kept and never driven in the winter. All service work done by local Dealer. I don't think anyone has ever sat in the back seats. The paint is near perfect, with minor rock chips that have been touched up in the front bumper. The car shows no signs of rust anywhere.

The only mechanical issues I could find that concern me are the age of the timing belt and a leaking valve cover gasket and original ( oil soaked ) secondary ignition. Parts are on the way. Looks like fun and easy to work on.

I look forward to learning from the knowledge of this forum and enjoying my new sedan.

TheWrench
Old 09-17-15, 01:05 PM
AkkilNash
Driver School Candidate

Hi, Name's Akkil Nash. Got a '99 Lexus Gs300 with 120K miles on it. Though it have Salvage title on, It runs smooth.
Problems had:
Squeaking noise while turning wheel
Brake Fluid Leakage Problem
Hard Steering Wheel
CheckEngine Light ON showing P0135, P1346
Brake Light ON
Dent outside, next to passenger seat

Problems solved:
Solved Squeaking noise but lubricating balljoints
Frequently filling up Brake Fluid, No Brake Light ON

Please help me solving the above problems in a low cost. i mean in a simple way.

Thank You!
Old 09-17-15, 10:32 PM
Jay26
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys my name is Jayson and I'm from socal just brought home a

2000 GS400 white w/ tan interior. Has 127k miles on it
Has Led Tails already
Unkown 19" Oz Racing Rims w/ pirielli tires

Name:  Lexus%20GS400%20Side%20Shot_zpsg275w2dv.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  Lexus%20GS400%20Rims_zpsc3pa1eyv.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  Lexus%20GS400%20Interior_zpssphluojt.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  43.7 KB

im in love with it so far..build thread once I start doing mods
Old 09-27-15, 06:01 AM
ratmstr808
Driver School Candidate

Hello, my name is Daniel. Ever since I got my license in 2008 I've only owned Hachis and for the last 3 years I've been looking to pick up a second car but could never decide on one. I debated on the FR-S, an FD, a 240. Ultimately I decided to look for a four door because I've only had two door cars so finally I narrowed it down to two choices; a 99' LS400 or a second gen GS300.
Last week I skipped my classes at college to bring a friend to the dentist and while waiting for her I went to a random dealership and saw a black on black GS300 for sale. 120,xxx miles, mechanically and electronically it is perfect A/C is as cold as my ex's heart and because it was shipped from the mainland it has no rust.
The interior is perfect, no cracks on the dash or on the leather except the armrest has a small scuff on the leather about the size of a nickle as for the body the paint chips and minor scratches which I don't mind since I plan to repaint it beginning of next year when I have time anyway I got a great deal on the car ($8,000) because it was in their inventory for a while so how could I say "no" plus I really like the 2jz :3 hahaha.
Well I've talked enough so here are some pictures.

1. Exterior Color: Black.
2. Interior color choice: Black.
3. Major Options or special packages: Sport Design.
4. Audio Options: Stock audio but just ordered a Clarion DVD receiver, Clarion speakers, Rockford 12" subwoofer, and Rockford amp.
5. Any modifications: Stock for now, except upgraded all lights to LED bulbs, 6000k Sylvania Silverstar Ultra high and low beams, 3000k fog lights, also ordered Spyder Smoke Euro Headlights, Spyder Smoke LED Tail Lights with Smoke Trunk LED Tail Lights.
6. Anything you want to mention: I wanted to keep the GS as a stock daily but that plan died the night I got home with the car, lol. So building this car I'm keeping the mindset "keep it simple and tasteful".
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!: Hawaii.
8. Post pics or links to your car:

The day I picked her up

You can see the scuff on the arm rest

My two babies
Old 09-29-15, 12:03 PM
Charlie147
Driver School Candidate

I have this same color and I am needing some touch up paint. Do you know what code this color is?
Old 09-30-15, 12:46 AM
ratmstr808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Charlie147
I have this same color and I am needing some touch up paint. Do you know what code this color is?
I used Dupli-color brand touch up paint and according to their paint matching book at the store the color code for my 2003 Lexus gs300 is listed as
"Toyota 202"
They only had one can of that so I used that one can to touch up my drip molding thing above the doors When I ran out of that I used dupli-color "BUN0100 Universal Black for DS100/T100" which is supposed to be the same as the Toyota 202
Both of those colors matched my car perfectly, so if your part store is out of the Toyota 202 you can get the BUN0100.
Also to be sure of your color code its printed in your driver door kind of where your seat is you cant miss it

Last edited by ratmstr808; 09-30-15 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-08-15, 09:29 AM
Wonka17
Driver School Candidate

Hello My name is JJ ,
been reading on the forums for car information and found it very helful on the mods i wanted .
Thanks guys !!!

1. Exterior Color: Black.
2. Interior color : Black.
3. Major Options or special packages: Platinum Edition
4. Audio Options: Stock Nav with Fosgate system
5. Any modifications: LED tails , Tein Coilovers , 20 inch Vossen wheels
6. Anything you want to mention: want to keep it simple and clean .
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!: Texas
8. Post pics or links to your car:

Old 10-17-15, 09:22 AM
cvntr
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, my name is Hunter and I just picked up my 1998 gs300.

Exterior is grey
Interior is grey leather
No major factory options and I believe my stock audio is nakamich.
No major mods yet, just removed the dual mufflers and soon to have full exhaust, BC coils with 30k swift springs, have 19" SSR Vienna Courage wheels, 9.5 wide +25 offset, looking to pick up Serial9 or T-Demand arms, as well as vertex or bn kit until I can source a descent quality 326 power body kit.
Located in Portland, Oregon
New to Lexus/Toyota ownership, however have been around the Japanese car scene for quite some time.
Old 10-17-15, 09:29 AM
cvntr
Driver School Candidate

Also, I'm the second owner of this gs, bought it with 197k and all matenence done at Toyota. Honestly couldn't be happier and can't wait to drag the frame on the ground with radius fenders and loud paint. Might 5spd swap for the sake of doing burnouts and a few drifts.

Up at Council Crest

Old 10-19-15, 02:40 PM
ejamr
Driver School Candidate

Default 2000 gs300

I am new to the site.

This is my first Lexus and it's going to be a project car; I have a silver GS300 Platinum Edition with matching platinum interior. Standard, non-navigation 6 speaker stereo with deck mounted sub. I am third owner, car has 215k with all maintenence handled by Toyota or Lexus.

No mods have been made but in the planning stages of a ground up rebuild- upgrading wheels & tires, brake system, exhaust, and addition of a turbocharger. Interior upgrades will include addition of a push button starteer and aftermarket A/V system but will post as plans as they formalize.

Please forgive in advance but have lots of questions and will do my best to ask appropriately and conduct sold research before posting...

Photos will be posted to establish a time-line during the rebuild.

EJ
Old 10-28-15, 04:49 AM
jdmboyee
Driver School Candidate

Smile Hello everyone first time back in 6 years

My name is Dustin from wisconsin im currently driving a
2001 gs300
Green exterior
Gray interior
Mild mods
Megan racing coilovers
Megan racing front and rear strut bars
Sitting on 19s
Fender tuck
Front lip
Awaiting 2jzgte swap for this winters project
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE