GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 11:26 AM
surranman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's basically brand new, grats!
Old 12-22-16, 04:06 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Just picked up a 2001 GS300 with 317,000 miles to use as a daily beater car. Has some lights on the dash, but runs great and everything works!

1. Exterior Color - Green with oxidation
2. Interior color choice - Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) - N/A
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) - OEM
5. Any modifications - nope
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) - Have owned a few Lexus cars: RX, ES, LS, and now GS
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! - Houston, TX
Old 12-22-16, 05:15 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by biegan97
Hey Guys my name is Brandon and I was handed down a 2002 Lexus GS 300 for my birthday, It runs great and I wanted to get opinions on if I should do stuff with it. It has 200K miles so i'm not to sure if its worth getting nice rims, engine touchups, exhaust system and stuff along those lines, Due to the fact i'm not sure how much life is left! Would really love some feedback!! Thanks

Pictures Here- https://www.clublexus.com/g/alebum/1220722
Brandon, that's quite a gift, I hope you are still enjoying it?
Old 12-23-16, 05:08 AM
Ecohman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default High Mileage = Cool numbers

Originally Posted by surranman
That's basically brand new, grats!
My 430 just turned over 317 as well. One cool thing about high mileage is the interesting number sequences. I am currently looking forward to 317713
Old 12-23-16, 06:23 PM
johnjohn00
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

I'm John. I'm working on an Aristo swap into a 1994 JDM Supra at work.
Looking for the TSRM for the JZS160 but the links are dead.
Hoping someone can help out a tech guy.

Thanks
Old 12-24-16, 01:53 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Originally Posted by reezekeys
Hi, I'm brand new here and to owning a car as nice as the 2001 GS300 I just bought. It has 113K & the timing belt was done at around 85K. Paid $5K for it. It's silver with black leather interior, standard stereo w/6-CD changer, no other mods or options I know of. I know I'm gonna have some questions which I'm pretty sure will all be answered by the knowledgeable folk here! One minor (I hope) issue that just appeared is that I saw my passenger side outside mirror glass dangling out of the housing! Also I will be asking about the most cost-effective way to get some additional keys – all I have is a single master key and its FOB. I'd like an extra master and a valet key. I'm also planning on replacing the stereo with something more modern – a unit that has bluetooth, aux/USB input and possibly a sirius/XM tuner built-in.
reezekeys, did you ever get the extra keys you wanted? I got 1 that can start and drive vehicle ($80.) and 1 to unlock doors ($20.) from a locksmith shop in Murphy, North Carolina!
Old 12-24-16, 02:35 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Originally Posted by StormTrpr
Happy New Year everyone!
Not a new owner but first time posting so here goes:

2004 Lexus GS430
1. Exterior Color: white
2. Interior color: black
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc):
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) Mark Levison
5. Any modifications: none
6. Anything you want to mention: most comfortable car I've ever owned!
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! WI
8. Post pics or links to your car:

No recent pics (too friggin' cold!) but here are a few from when I had it for sale last summer. Obviously decided to keep it... for now .

Great looking car, do you still have it?
Old 12-25-16, 10:08 AM
bullhog
Rookie

Originally Posted by aj007
Nice. I like that spoiler and the wheels. Where did you get the spoiler?
What a look... Which wheels do you have on it? Size? backspacing? Also make of spoiler? thanks, rob.
Old 12-29-16, 05:36 PM
DerekDF
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

Just picked up my first GS from a friend. A winter car every year is a must in New England, and buying a dirt cheap truck, or another rust heap every year gets old fast. This time, I wanted to get something I enjoy enough to hang onto. I'd been admiring it since he owned it, and the time finally came for him to let it go. I've wanted to pick up one of these chassis for some time now.

The need for an annual winter car stems from my summer car:

Name:  1276965_591780017551722_700905053_o1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  46.9 KB

Massachusetts is tough state for modified cars, to say the least. It came time for a new daily. One that doesn't call so much police attention... yet >:-)

This 2000 GS300 is black on black, heated seats, sunroof. Pioneer audio.

Previous owner installed LS400 brakes up front, with RCAs and 20mm wheel spacers to clear. I added 20mm spacers in back to match.
I had the headlights restored, and have been lurking the forum classifieds for small parts needed to make it 100%, and some aftermarket parts to start it on its way to where I'd like it to be.

Cheers!

Last edited by DerekDF; 12-29-16 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-29-16, 08:35 PM
bullhog
Rookie

Originally Posted by DerekDF
Hello all,

Just picked up my first GS from a friend. A winter car every year is a must in New England, and buying a dirt cheap truck, or another rust heap every year gets old fast. This time, I wanted to get something I enjoy enough to hang onto. I'd been admiring it since he owned it, and the time finally came for him to let it go. I've wanted to pick up one of these chassis for some time now.

The need for an annual winter car stems from my summer car:

Massachusetts is tough state for modified cars, to say the least. It came time for a new daily. One that doesn't call so much police attention... yet >:-)

This 2000 GS300 is black on black, heated seats, sunroof. Pioneer audio.

Previous owner installed LS400 brakes up front, with RCAs and 20mm wheel spacers to clear. I added 20mm spacers in back to match.
I had the headlights restored, and have been lurking the forum classifieds for small parts needed to make it 100%, and some aftermarket parts to start it on its way to where I'd like it to be.

Cheers!
Welcome Derek! Congrats, on your new venture. I hope it will save you a lot of headaches (w/the law) and dollars as your new purchase makes a lot of sense in your situation...Best Wishes on you and your new baby...
Old 01-14-17, 07:58 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi folks,

I'm not new, more like back from the dead haha.

Anyway I've owned my GS now on about 7 years, it's been a fantastic car and easily the most reliable. It's an 5/2001 build (as far as I'm aware one of the last before the new wiring came in for the updated models) and she sits at about 293k km (I've personally put on about 150k onto it).

The mods list is short... Old school TRD Forged Mags (F: 18x8.5"/unknown offset, R: 19x9.5"/+38mm), Cusco Street Zero A coilovers, Sony 2DIN DVD, Rockford 10" sub, old Jensen monoblock (these are all being ripped out apart from the sub for new gear) and a hardwired dashcam. Maintenance-wise I've replaced the HVAC temp servos, all front lower control arms (No.2's), ball joints and outer tie rods all with genuine parts... still have to replace the door lock actuators though.

Plans for me this year are for a relatively stock GTE swap and new stereo, hopefully some more chassis bits and pieces (BBK, sway bars etc.).

Hope you guys like it

Jose

PS: Don't mind the left door mirror lol

Last edited by BLK13X; 01-14-17 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-22-17, 04:38 AM
searover72
Driver School Candidate

New to me,

2004 GS430 with 47k original miles
Exterior is Silver (Millenium?)
Interior is charcoal
has Nav, ML radio, factory 17"
Literally previously owned by a little old dentist out of Arizona

Have been looking for almost a year, now it's in the driveway.Love it already!

Glad to be a member
Old 01-25-17, 02:30 PM
4doors
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, picked up my first Lexus last year and very happy with her so far, 2002 GS430. No big plans, mostly maintenance items first, then possibly performance improvements later on. Sorry for crappy pictures winter up here, will post more come spring. Looking forward to learning all I can from this site and helping out where I can.

1. Exterior Color: Silver
2. Interior color: Black
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): None
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) Mark Levinson, stock sub replaced with kicker comp 10 dual 4ohm wired in series.
5. Any modifications: Apexi WS2 catback, remade front pipes/used stock Y according to what jbrady/bcsc400 recommended for stockish set-ups, replaced third cat with vibrant ultra quiet res, v-banded. 2010 IS350 wheels, more to come...
6. Anything you want to mention: Best driving car I have owned thus far
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! Ontario, Canada

Old 01-26-17, 09:38 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 4doors
Hi guys, picked up my first Lexus last year and very happy with her so far, 2002 GS430. No big plans, mostly maintenance items first, then possibly performance improvements later on. Sorry for crappy pictures winter up here, will post more come spring. Looking forward to learning all I can from this site and helping out where I can.

1. Exterior Color: Silver
2. Interior color: Black
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc): None
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) Mark Levinson, stock sub replaced with kicker comp 10 dual 4ohm wired in series.
5. Any modifications: Apexi WS2 catback, remade front pipes/used stock Y according to what jbrady/bcsc400 recommended for stockish set-ups, replaced third cat with vibrant ultra quiet res, v-banded. 2010 IS350 wheels, more to come...
6. Anything you want to mention: Best driving car I have owned thus far
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! Ontario, Canada

Once you go Lexus, never go back LOL My favorite Lexus body of all time. Welcome to the family!
Old 01-26-17, 11:35 PM
turbotroll
Driver School Candidate

Default Aristo swap

Hello! I'm from Houston, Texas I have a black (not sure which factory black) Gs300 with tan interior (ew) I just completed a full aristo swap with a front mount intercooler, car is currently down due to the factory gs radiator blew up, car pushes 15psi, open doffs and spins the tires launching off boost. I've included a pic of the gs in its current state, someday I'll be single turbo, but for now I'm on the factory twins in true twin turbo setup

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE