GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-20, 11:50 AM
Dengs430
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New here

Hello, I'm Dennis and I come from the Netherlands.
I already had : LS400 '99 AN GS300' 99.
JUST BOUGHT A GS430 '01.
I LOVE IT.

1. Exterior COLOR : SILVER GREY
2. Interior color CHOICE : BLACK LEATHER
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) WE ONLY HAVE I MODEL HERE.
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) : STOCK NAVI, BLUETOOTH MODULE GROM
5. Any MODIFICATIONS : 9,5&11X19,TTE LIP, HSD COILS, TRD STAINLESS MUFFLERS. SHAVED AND ROLLED FENDERS
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your REPRESENTING! : HELMOND, NOORDBRABANT,THE NETHERLANDS
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus![/QUOTE]

Last edited by Dengs430; 10-07-20 at 11:56 AM. Reason: New pics
Old 10-07-20, 11:58 AM
Dengs430
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dengs430
Hello, I'm Dennis and I come from the Netherlands.
I already had : LS400 '99 AN GS300' 99.
JUST BOUGHT A GS430 '01.
I LOVE IT.

1. Exterior COLOR : SILVER GREY
2. Interior color CHOICE : BLACK LEATHER
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) WE ONLY HAVE I MODEL HERE.
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) : STOCK NAVI, BLUETOOTH MODULE GROM
5. Any MODIFICATIONS : 9,5&11X19,TTE LIP, HSD COILS, TRD STAINLESS MUFFLERS. SHAVED AND ROLLED FENDERS
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your REPRESENTING! : HELMOND, NOORDBRABANT,THE NETHERLANDS

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
[/QUOTE]

The following 2 users liked this post by Dengs430:
Arkane (11-04-20), firelizard (12-26-20)
Old 10-21-20, 08:23 AM
JeanMa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Hassen, I just bought one of my dream car, waiting more than 6 years to be able to buy it, the Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition

Imported from Japan and currently on the Hand of Anthony of GT Import for the street legal approval ( I don't know if it said like that )
Other pics and all modifications of the car will be detailled when I can take the car

1. Exterior Color : 202 Black
2. Interior color choice : Black leather
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) : Vertex Edition with TRD body kit
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) : OEM JBL option
5. Any modifications : Suspension, HKS suction kit, Boost controller, Mines ECU, and many others modifications
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! : I live in france, close to Metz
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) : Pics are from the seller in Japan, so the quality is not good and car is not clean, sorry in advance

Old 10-27-20, 11:59 AM
MWLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default 2001 gs430

Didn't plan on getting this GS430, but a good friend of mine offered it up for free. It's rust free coming from Texas, but it has 295,000 miles and needs some serious TLC. Particularly the suspension. It's going to be a project for sure.

1. Exterior Color - Silver
2. Interior color - grey
3. Major Options or special packages - L Tuned
4. Audio Options
5. Any modifications - none
6. Anything you want to mention - long time Toyota and Lexus owner.
7. Michigan
8. Post pics or links to your car

Old 11-03-20, 05:15 PM
DexGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your Second Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including whether its a GS300 / 400 / 430 and;

1. Exterior Color
2. Interior color choice
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
5. Any modifications
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
I'm new to the forum, but this is my 2cd 1999 GS400 that I've had the privilege to own. I purchased my 1st 99 Lexus GS400 back in 2005 a 1 owner trade in with 77k actual miles. I sold it in 2009 with 150k and regreted selling it. I have been looking for another one for over a year. It's not easy to find a 1 or 2 owner GS400 or 430 98-05 that isn't ragged out. A few months ago I found the one I have now in Atlanta GA. Lexus of Roswell 1 owner trade. 190k with great service records, adult owned and driven from day 1. I'm going to post a few pics of my new / old 99 GS400. Identical car to my 1st one I ever owned. All stock except a set of 17 inch Konig rims, which I recently ordered a set of Track Lite rims that weigh 16 lbs instead of 25 lbs. I am hoping that I will have them mounted by the end of the week . I did a muffler delete, used original tips, also replaced the timing belt, water pump tensioner etc. Aisin master kit..

I like the older GS 400s

Car is in the Shade in these pics.

I used original Exhaust tips with muffler delete. Sounds good, looks original.

Interior is nice . I took it to S.C. Motorplex Raceway formally Orangeburg Dragway made 1 pass with it after the muffler delete, I also removed spare tire, went 9.21 at 81mph in the 1/8 th of a mile. The track was in great condition the air was good. I wasn't surprised. These old heavy GS400s will roll !

Bone stock.

Last edited by DexGS400; 11-03-20 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 11-13-20, 08:01 AM
JGrayEdge
Driver School Candidate

Hey,

Just got a 2002 Lexus GS300 Sport Design, black on black. It does have a GTE swap and basic BPU upgrades with a Tom's ECU. At the moment still have the factory basic radio and have plans t upgrade very soon. I am located in SC, US
Old 11-28-20, 02:46 PM
HusanG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone i am new to the forum. I'll start with the mandatory questions to answer in this thread:

2001 gs430
1. Exterior Color- pearl green
2. Interior color choice- black with wood trim package

3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) none that i know of

4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer)
It has the factory navigation system with casette deck

5. Any modifications
polyutherane bushings on the front, custom made stainless steel exhaust, propane conversion with valve saver lubrication

6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) i used to own a black 2nd gen GS300, so this is my second 2nd gen GS

7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! I am from europe, the netherlands

8. Post pics or links to your car -gotta snap some pictures dont have any good ones lol

The following users liked this post:
piR2 (11-29-20)
Old 12-20-20, 06:49 PM
Cal30m1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A new-to-me 1999 GS300 in Cinnabar Pearl

Hi,

I'm Tony, a confirmed lover of older Lexus sedans - my first was a 1995 LS400, my second a 2000 LS400 (still driving it, for now) and the third, my first GS model, a GS300.

I lucked into the GS300, a beautiful car in Cinnabar Pearl, from a seller who lives a couple of counties awy. It was purchased by them brand new, and 21 years and 129,000 miles later, it still looks and drives like new. The car is unmodified, and I'll probably leave it that way, excepting a radio swap (the OEM display is bad).

I've learned a lot here already, and am looking forward to learning more about my GS300!

Tony
The following 2 users liked this post by Cal30m1:
CodyMgs400 (12-21-20), SirRon (12-21-20)
Old 12-20-20, 07:45 PM
bbmach
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cal30m1
Hi,

I'm Tony, a confirmed lover of older Lexus sedans - my first was a 1995 LS400, my second a 2000 LS400 (still driving it, for now) and the third, my first GS model, a GS300.
I lucked into the GS300, a beautiful car in Cinnabar Pearl, from a seller who lives a couple of counties awy. It was purchased by them brand new, and 21 years and 129,000 miles later, it still looks and drives like new. The car is unmodified, and I'll probably leave it that way, excepting a radio swap (the OEM display is bad).
I've learned a lot here already, and am looking forward to learning more about my GS300!
Tony
Welcome - Good looking, clean GS! If you want to keep the radio stock, these folks took care of my wonky display while adding an AUX and Bluetooth input... http://factoryradioservice.com

Good luck!

Dave
CodyMgs400 (12-21-20)
Old 12-20-20, 07:49 PM
Cal30m1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bbmach
Welcome - Good looking, clean GS! If you want to keep the radio stock, these folks took care of my wonky display while adding an AUX and Bluetooth input... http://factoryradioservice.com

Good luck!

Dave
Thanks for the welcome and the tip, Dave!
CodyMgs400 (12-21-20)
Old 12-25-20, 02:04 PM
JvstTommy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Merry Christmas and Hello!

Hi everyone, Tommy here

while I’m new to the GS forums I’ve been a part of ClubLexus for over a decade now. Used to have two SC300s and a IS300 back in the day

as for my new 1998 GS400 wanted to introduce myself so here goes

1. Exterior Color - Pearl White
2. Interior color - Black
3. Major Options - basic package I believe

4. Audio Options - stock , needs a new headunit. Will be on the upgrade list soon

5. Any modifications - Tanabe Medallion Exhaust 3.5” catback. K&N Cold Air Intake. Eibach Springs 1”. Megan Racing sway bars front and rear. 18in wheels 8” front 9” rear
Full 6k LED interior light kit replacement from PercisionLED. Carbon fiber shift **** and vinyl wrapped dash.

7. Southern California - picked it up in Nor Cal and drove it home.

car was mechanic owned before me so most hoses and belts and important pieces have been replaced and are working like new. May need some love on the paint as the clear coat is peeling on the roof but that’s expected with a car this old. Anyway here’s some pics

Old 12-28-20, 05:57 AM
JGrayEdge
Driver School Candidate

Hey,

New to the Lexus forum. I have a 2002 gs300 with the aristo swap
Old 12-31-20, 07:26 AM
bshbsh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,
I'm new here, but I've ended up here countless times while searching for useful information.
I'm from Hungary. Bought the '03 GS 300 used 4-5 years ago. It's the pearlescent "sea green" or whatever it's called. Plain edition ("Executive" package I think?), grey leather interior, standard Pioneer head unit with the cd changer, driver memory seat, steering wheel shift *****, no Navi, no sunroof. It's fully stock, and I'm trying hard to keep it that way. The 16" wheels are also standard (although the 6 spoke rims were usualy standard on the sport design packages). The summer wheels are on non-lexus 17" rims, but with standard 235/45 size. The only modifications I have: US interior rear view mirror, with the compass, and an engine cover that has the Lexus logo on it (mine didn't have it or it's fallen of.) and the steering wheel and shifter **** are redone but the leather is sligthly off color and doesn't have the perforated parts. Car has about 285k kilometers in it.
Unfortunatelly I'm very disappointed with the car, it's not the leendary Lexus quality. It might be cursed... Or maybe I am.

Last edited by bshbsh; 12-31-20 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-08-21, 04:14 PM
jettate
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2003 GS 300 Parchment Crystal Pearl

Hello, my name is Terry. I have received a hand me down Lexus GS300. Needs lots of work, but runs great. So fun to drive. i wanted to start working on it to get it back to great shape. 112k on it only. Driver seat is shot. Passenger seat bottom needs replacing. Paint is coming off the front bumper from bad paint job. I few dings and scrapes. But i am excited to get the phases going. Ivory leather interior. Standard radio with cd changer that does not work in the glovebox. Trying to install Grom Audio Bluetooth tomorrow. Stock car no mods yet. No nav.
1. Exterior Color - Parchment Crystal
2. Interior color - grey
3. Major Options or special packages -None
4. Audio Options No ML
5. Any modifications - Grom Bluetooth BT3

Paint coming off front bumper

6.First Lexus
7. Plano, Texas
Lexus update on my car....
I have replaced most of the interior lights with LED, doors, courtesy rear map lights, footwells, glovebox, key ring with green led, trunk light and reverse lights. Got it tinted with 35% front windows and 5% rest of car. Leather is installed and looks fantastic. Moving to paint in the next couple of weeks. So ready to get through the basic stages and move on to fun stuff. Next after paint will be Tanabe Touring exhaust and Daizen sway bar bushings.

Last edited by jettate; 08-22-21 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Adding content
ThomasGS4 (12-31-21)
Old 03-11-21, 04:30 PM
EagleFangK
Driver School Candidate

Hello Club Lexus and fellow GS owners,

This is my 2002 GS300. She needs quite bit but is in overall good shape. 151K miles

1. Exterior Color : White
2. Interior color choice : Tan
3. Major Options or special packages : Stock Spoiler
4. Audio Options : Awful aftermarket touch screen from circa 2005
5. Any modifications : Break calipers poorly painted red, 17's of unknown origin anyone know what that are?
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) : I used to have a beautiful MK3 Supra, my heart still aches thinking about the loss
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! : California, Los Angeles

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE