GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 09:45 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great rides everyone and welcome to CL!
Old 06-12-14, 11:39 AM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi there Gen 2 owners, Greeting from Taiwan, ROC. Just recently purchased a 99 GS300 with about 92,000 miles on it. Been following the DYI page and have replaced the oil and differential fluid with fresh full synthetics. Currently working on power steering and transmission fluid interval change. Also had done the radio mod by soldering wires straight to the AM/FM input relay. Had a system in but the sub fused itself together due to the humidity here. (sub had been sitting for about 6 months in the garage.) Also done the radio adjustment for more bass and the air recirculate mod. Learning lots from this site. Plans for the future are airbags, lighting, body kit, and of course some new shoes. Not in any particular order. Shout out to all my Taiwanese brothers on this board.
Old 06-17-14, 12:24 PM
jahswill74
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 gs400

Am really not new but have not been here in a long time.
That said, I have a 1998 GS400, Cinnabar Red, 135,000 miles, Nakamachi. Everything is stock except for a back camera installation and rewiring the fog lamps as can be seen on the pictures I will be posting
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20140617_131500.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20140617_131427.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20140617_131402.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20140617_131320.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20140617_131223.jpg  

Last edited by jahswill74; 06-17-14 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-18-14, 05:26 AM
jahswill74
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chrcrou26
Pic's finally lol
Sweet looking car. I have the same rims but is 18. Nice car
Old 06-22-14, 06:11 PM
Sybau
Driver School Candidate

Well, my name is Jimmy, and am from NORCAL. I've had my 2000 GS400 for about 10 years now and absolutely love the car. The ODO is about to turn 221,000 and it feels like the first day I bought her. I am a real DIY and have done all the maintenance my self. White/ Gray. Pioneer radio system and no real mods however have been tempted though.
Old 06-27-14, 09:24 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sybau
Well, my name is Jimmy, and am from NORCAL. I've had my 2000 GS400 for about 10 years now and absolutely love the car. The ODO is about to turn 221,000 and it feels like the first day I bought her. I am a real DIY and have done all the maintenance my self. White/ Gray. Pioneer radio system and no real mods however have been tempted though.
Welcome to CL bro!! Glad to hear your Lexus is running strong as you say! Also very intrigued by DIY ways ... Anyhow post some pics up of your bad boy! And again, welcome to Club Lexus brother!
Old 06-27-14, 09:29 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SK430
Whats up everyone! SK here from NY. First time car and Lexus owner. Just bought my '03 GS430.

Looking to learn to take care of my car and keep it looking as good and running as good as the original owner did. Also would like to start my first mod project of swapping out the fog lights. Would love some help as to where to start or what forum to use. Thanks!
--- Here's great advice SK430. Go onto www.sewellparts.com and sign up using your CL account info to get MAJOR savings on OEM Toyota packaged parts. I order from there all the time and when I compare the prices from the dealer to mine on here thru Sewell Parts, what a RELIEF. Welcome to Club Lexus. Glad to have you join us brother!
Old 06-30-14, 06:37 AM
littlebird
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
--- Here's great advice SK430. Go onto www.sewellparts.com and sign up using your CL account info to get MAJOR savings on OEM Toyota packaged parts. I order from there all the time and when I compare the prices from the dealer to mine on here thru Sewell Parts, what a RELIEF. Welcome to Club Lexus. Glad to have you join us brother!
^veyr handy. thanks
Old 06-30-14, 07:24 PM
SCLIFE
Driver School Candidate

New guy here from Minnesota, bought my lexus in Feb of 2013, first off love this car, I go by John it's my middle name lol not to fawned of my first name.
Picked up a 99 gs300 had 222, miles on it an now has 227, miles almost. I believe the color is antique bronze mica, with tan interior, has the nakamichi audio, not bad for factory. Car is slammed on 20 inch Milano rims 20x8.5 +15 offset all four, 225/30/20 for front an 225/35/20 in the rear, nitto tires. yes I know not wide enough rushed into buying them, but ended up liking them, I'll upgrade after my family an i move to arizona hopefully this next year, engine has all maintenence done minus tranny filter an fluid. I just did the balljoint clearance holes done needed it bad, had the fenders rolled an the guy destroyed them so have been needing to get new ones, an rear is shaved need to do more so I can get a better stance.
Also a few weeks ago got a new fender mod lol fed ex driver leaving my work swung his trailer to far an hit the drivers fender rim an headlight, so after all said an done hopefully I will get enough cash to do both fender an a full repaint same color, sorry for the long intro. I'll try an post some pics of the car just have to figure out how lol. An help on that part would be great. Oh forgot on megan ez coilovers.

Last edited by SCLIFE; 06-30-14 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 07:00 AM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by SCLIFE
New guy here from Minnesota, bought my lexus in Feb of 2013, first off love this car, I go by John it's my middle name lol not to fawned of my first name.
Picked up a 99 gs300 had 222, miles on it an now has 227, miles almost. I believe the color is antique bronze mica, with tan interior, has the nakamichi audio, not bad for factory. Car is slammed on 20 inch Milano rims 20x8.5 +15 offset all four, 225/30/20 for front an 225/35/20 in the rear, nitto tires. yes I know not wide enough rushed into buying them, but ended up liking them, I'll upgrade after my family an i move to arizona hopefully this next year, engine has all maintenence done minus tranny filter an fluid. I just did the balljoint clearance holes done needed it bad, had the fenders rolled an the guy destroyed them so have been needing to get new ones, an rear is shaved need to do more so I can get a better stance.
Also a few weeks ago got a new fender mod lol fed ex driver leaving my work swung his trailer to far an hit the drivers fender rim an headlight, so after all said an done hopefully I will get enough cash to do both fender an a full repaint same color, sorry for the long intro. I'll try an post some pics of the car just have to figure out how lol. An help on that part would be great. Oh forgot on megan ez coilovers.
if your insurance gives you the option of going to one of their approved body shops for repairs or getting a check, go for the check. my old neighbor's daughter came home drunk one night and backed her blue nissan into our black SC4 and did bad damage to the bumper and headlight - then she moved her car to the other end of the lot two buildings away in an attempt to hide it (but she was the only person with a blue car)- and we went for the check and were able to use it to get a whole new shine auto bumper for it and new tires
sorry to hear your car got hit though! my GS is the same color (for now) and is a work in progress. definitely post pictures soon!
Old 07-01-14, 04:40 PM
SCLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by littlebird
if your insurance gives you the option of going to one of their approved body shops for repairs or getting a check, go for the check. my old neighbor's daughter came home drunk one night and backed her blue nissan into our black SC4 and did bad damage to the bumper and headlight - then she moved her car to the other end of the lot two buildings away in an attempt to hide it (but she was the only person with a blue car)- and we went for the check and were able to use it to get a whole new shine auto bumper for it and new tires
sorry to hear your car got hit though! my GS is the same color (for now) and is a work in progress. definitely post pictures soon!
Ya that's the plan, with the insurance, it's actually fed ex's insurance an there taken way to long with this whole process. I planning if all goes well to put new fenders on an roll them myself this time, cuz the guy that did them for me messed them up pretty bad, it's crazy how people can't fess up to destroying others property. An sorry to hear bout the damage too. I'm really fond of the color it took a min to get used to it but after the drop an the wheels, now love it. I'm trying to figure out if I can post my pics from my phone or do I need to load them to my photobucket account?
Old 07-02-14, 05:29 AM
littlebird
Driver

Originally Posted by SCLIFE
Ya that's the plan, with the insurance, it's actually fed ex's insurance an there taken way to long with this whole process. I planning if all goes well to put new fenders on an roll them myself this time, cuz the guy that did them for me messed them up pretty bad, it's crazy how people can't fess up to destroying others property. An sorry to hear bout the damage too. I'm really fond of the color it took a min to get used to it but after the drop an the wheels, now love it. I'm trying to figure out if I can post my pics from my phone or do I need to load them to my photobucket account?
if you're using the moble site i'm not sure. i use the IB Autogroup App that has CL in it, and with that i can post pics directly from my phone.
yeah but hey after the SC got the new bumper we got her painted!

at first i wasn't fond of my GS color at all, but then it grew on me, and i really like it now... but i guess someone who had it previous to me had part of it repainted when fixing dents or something(?dunno) and right now she's slightly two toned-though it's not obvious if you don't know it. so what we are going to do is put her down, have my friend who does body work fix one dent that she has (again from prev owner) that is driving me nuts, he's going to pull my fenders, then we are painting her a matte white
Old 07-03-14, 09:39 PM
boreight
Driver School Candidate

What's up ALL, my name is BorEight (Boreth). I'm from Richmond, VA. I finally picked up my gs300 that I've been wanting one for awhile. It's a 2000 Platinum series (I'm guessing), black with beige interior. I picked it up with BC coilovers on it and newer lexus wheels. Has 300k on it but still runs like a champ. No oil leaks or burns. I got a great deal on it, so i couldn't pass it up. I would like to swap the TT motor in it in the near future. Gotta save some more haha. I'm looking forward to being a part of the club lexus family.

Old 07-03-14, 10:08 PM
lexomade
Driver School Candidate

Default gs300

this is my current lexus
Old 07-03-14, 10:11 PM
lexomade
Driver School Candidate

Default gs

this is my current
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_1486.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE