GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

finally done

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 08:52 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GT Supra
So whats so special about your GS? Show us the Motor & Trunk. Exterior shots are for sissies. Show everything... if you have what it takes. You shouldn't talk smack about other cars if your car is as plain Jane as it is now. I've rocked those AV3s back in the day. In fact I was the first set here in the States. If you claim your "Finally Done" you must not have ambitions. Either that, or you dont know what's available for your car. BTW if you buy that SRT Turbo kit, your another person that CANT boost & overheat when driving long distances. Bruce will probably be your only salvation.

Best Wishes & GOOD LUCK on your future endeavors....
Lighten up abit bro....
Old 02-10-03, 08:53 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

And thanks guys.....
Old 02-10-03, 08:54 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Probably the best looking GS I have seen. Mucho impressed.
Old 02-10-03, 09:05 AM
GT Supra
Driver School Candidate

The best GS I seen was that MAS Wheelhouse GS300. REAL VIP style!!! But ok I will lighten up & give credit. Nice car bro...
Old 02-10-03, 09:10 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

So whats so special about your GS? Show us the Motor & Trunk. Exterior shots are for sissies. Show everything... if you have what it takes. You shouldn't talk smack about other cars if your car is as plain Jane as it is now. I've rocked those AV3s back in the day. In fact I was the first set here in the States. If you claim your "Finally Done" you must not have ambitions. Either that, or you dont know what's available for your car. BTW if you buy that SRT Turbo kit, your another person that CANT boost & overheat when driving long distances. Bruce will probably be your only salvation.

Is it wrong to have constructive criticism. I get it all the time with my GS400. Instead of all the praise.. its nice to have constructive criticism here and there...
Old 02-10-03, 09:22 AM
princess4
Rookie

no offense, but why would you want MB mirrors and a BMW spoiler...last I saw, the GS was a lexus not a german car...that's just my opinion, the kit looks good though
Old 02-10-03, 09:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally posted by JL4785
Is it wrong to have constructive criticism. I get it all the time with my GS400. Instead of all the praise.. its nice to have constructive criticism here and there...
JL4785:

First point is that GT Supra is another CL member (I think you may know who ) hiding behind a newly-created login to post their criticism. Moderators can tell that by tracking IP addresses. If "GT Supra" were going to be constructive, that person would have used their original CL login.

Constructive critisism is certainly fine; personal attacks are not.

Examples:

Well done from Bitkahuna "Car looks awesome. Eyelids not my thing though."

Poorly done from GT Supra "So whats so special about your GS? Show us the Motor & Trunk. Exterior shots are for sissies. Show everything... if you have what it takes. You shouldn't talk smack about other cars if your car is as plain Jane as it is now."

If you require additional examples or want to discuss further, let's take it to PM.
Old 02-10-03, 09:28 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

PMs it will be
Old 02-10-03, 09:39 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Thats a nice setup! IMHO!

BTW if you buy that SRT Turbo kit, your another person that CANT boost & overheat when driving long distances. Bruce will probably be your only salvation.
Did I miss something with that quote? Are you saying you will overheat driving long distances, if you boost? Does Bruce Norman have a Turbo setup GS?

Last edited by LexCiting; 02-10-03 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-10-03, 11:53 AM
Dee
Lead Lap

Default mirrors

one of my friends has a shop here in modesto called performance autoworx his name is lloyd, he is the one that got me those mirrors and other jdm parts for my car. any one interested in those mirrors should give him a call he can get just about anything from japan. 209-491-2700
Old 02-10-03, 12:29 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Nicely done man. I personally am not a big fan of the MB mirrors but everything else is loooks nice.

Boris
Old 02-11-03, 12:05 AM
Dee
Lead Lap

Default thanks

thanks everyone for all your support lets keep it real like that.
Old 02-11-03, 08:52 AM
aldo23
Pole Position

Dee,

what kind of bodykit do u have?
The side-skirts look tight?
Old 02-11-03, 12:50 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Default body kit

the body kit on my gs is made by L-sportline.
Old 02-11-03, 01:41 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Lmaooo everytime I read this post I crack up, if u guys didn't see Dee's other thread with the pictures of his trunk and interior, I suggest u go do it, lol put him in his place real nicely Dee

ShOwGS

Quick Reply: finally done