GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Phantom cup kit....anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 08:43 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Phantom cup kit....anyone?

Is anyone running the Phantom cup kit that can give me some feedback? Im thinking about going that route. Its prompted by the fact i come from a photo shoot saturday, car all cleaned up and feeling good......then damn near rip my bumper off going into my driveway. Going nice and slow over a block of wood, the wood slid sideways and wedged itself between the tire and bumper pushing it forward....sucks *** but fixable.

Anyhow, $2300 plus is a lot of coin, but it would be nice to actually be able to come and go at my own house!!
Old 04-07-14, 11:56 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

I was interested in this a while back, but I never figured out if they fit BC. Would be nice to be able to just raise the front to get over bumps

http://www.stance-solutions.com/about.htm
Old 04-08-14, 06:54 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flushstance.com has a setup that works with BCs. But from reading on here and VSC, unless you're only going to be running the fronts, the rears will need "modification" using Platinum VIP's setup. No one actually mentions what the modifcation is, unfortunately. I was actually looking into the same setup but was worried as to whether or not the cups would hit the SPC UCAs that I am planning to purchase.
Old 04-08-14, 07:31 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I think I will only be using them in the front......at least thats my thoughts right this second. I would hate to get rid on my current coilovers though. Im gonna research them a bit
Old 04-08-14, 07:43 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

If you don't mind, let me know what you find about them.
Old 04-08-14, 11:14 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

...actually, I just went ahead and asked Platinum a few questions and got some answers (pretty quickly, I may add):

1. (To anyone planning on running the full kit) There are modifications needing to be done to the [rear] strut towers and lower control arms for these to fit. TTurboPimp, seeing as how you only plan on running the fronts this won't affect you.

2. (To anyone running aftermarket upper control arms) They've encountered issues with rubbing and/or interference on other vehicles with aftermarket arms, but aren't sure whether or not these problems will affect those 2GS owners with SPCs or Megan arms. Stock or stock-styled arms should be alright. For reference, the the air cups are 5" in diameter.

3. The air cups are custom made for each specific coilover application, so you shouldn't have any problems running BCR, Fortune, Megan, etc. HOWEVER, because of this you WILL have to send in your coilovers for measuring and final assembly... They gave me a 2-week turnaround time for this to be accomplished.

**I asked this since I'm military overseas and was planning to do it myself. So, hopefully anyone interested in these have another form of transportation or kept their stock suspension. I'll be swapping my Fortune's for BC Extreme Drops so I'm just going to have them sent to Platinum, then from Platinum back to myself once everything's all said and done.

I hope this info helps some of you guys. If any of you are running SPC UCAs, would it be too much to ask for you to measure the distance between your coilovers and the arm? It'd be greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-09-14, 11:33 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

great info, thanks for the input......i was kicking around doing the rears also, this may have just pushed me back to fronts only.

thanks bro
Old 04-09-14, 01:26 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

I feel you bro. I've actually gone and contacted Mike @ FIGS and forwarded the pictures to him to see if he would be able to take care of the LCA bit since I was planning on ordering his Mega Drop/VIP arms anyway