GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Genuine L-Tuned skirts & Grill ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 08:04 PM
GSjason
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genuine L-Tuned skirts & Grill ????

Hey Guys,

I've come across a local ad where a guy is selling the L-tuned skirts and grill painted for $485.00

Seems like a killer deal, my question is .....

How can I tell if the parts are genuine L-tuned or not?

I believe this guy is selling this on Ebay as well

Jay
Old 02-13-03, 08:17 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know but that's what im gonna find out, I bidded on it and won, I got it for 470, that's including the 80 dollar shipping... i'll let everyone know how it turned out, the guy has pretty good feedback and I asked him if it's a real kit and he said it is, the guy also has quite a few things for toyota so maybe he knows someone boosting the stuff?? LoL anyways if someone knows the answer to the question let me know.

ShOwGS
Old 02-13-03, 08:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,402 Posts

If he's local, go look at them and see if they have the Lexus / Toyota mfg and part number stamp on them.
Old 02-13-03, 09:14 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

I noticed that today on eBay as well. Killer deal! I hope they're the real thing.
Old 02-13-03, 10:54 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO BEWARE of that guy...i did some checking into this and talked to static911....

that guy is the same guy who not long advertised on our site and got banned by the moderators adn CL director...

when it comes to aero kit, it is very easy to make fakes....you can even stamp the L-tuned mark and print TRD #s on the box too...
Old 02-14-03, 01:10 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GS4Will
DO BEWARE of that guy...i did some checking into this and talked to static911....

that guy is the same guy who not long advertised on our site and got banned by the moderators adn CL director...

when it comes to aero kit, it is very easy to make fakes....you can even stamp the L-tuned mark and print TRD #s on the box too...
Thanks for the warning Will, it would horrible if someone here bought a fake....makes me glad I bought my kit from Steve Ganz

Last edited by INHOCJP; 02-14-03 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-14-03, 05:39 AM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

saw the add on ebay also. Usually if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. At least that is what I learned. It would be nice if that really was an original and only cost $450+. I would jump on that in a heartbeat.
Old 02-14-03, 06:40 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Be careful guys I bidded and won the auction also->

I asked for him to send me a tracking # and he did but when I checked it the tracking# came up invalid. I emailed him back to let him know that he gave me the wrong#. He said he would check into it when he gets in his office. That was yesterday and I still haven't heard from him yet. I don't want to get to crazy yet because the guy happens to have alot of good feed back on ebay. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple error. Stay tuned I will let you guy know how it turned out.
Later:Jose
Old 02-14-03, 09:19 AM
Lloydsaz
Driver School Candidate

I got the kit two weeks ago and my was real, L-tuned box and all factory wrapped. If it is a copy, they went to alot of trouble. Mine just looked like it was in some storage area for 100years. Very dusty but nothing else was wrong. Every part had the L-tuned inpression on it. Paint had a perfect Diamond Pearl White too. I would buy it again.
Old 02-14-03, 09:21 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Be careful guys I bidded and won the auction also->

Originally posted by SUPRA OWNER
I asked for him to send me a tracking # and he did but when I checked it the tracking# came up invalid. I emailed him back to let him know that he gave me the wrong#. He said he would check into it when he gets in his office. That was yesterday and I still haven't heard from him yet. I don't want to get to crazy yet because the guy happens to have alot of good feed back on ebay. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple error. Stay tuned I will let you guy know how it turned out.
If it makes you feel better, somethimes it takes UPS a day or so to add a new tracking number to their online web-site. I wouldn't worry yet.
Old 02-14-03, 09:43 AM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

Lloydsaz- Who did you buy the set from on E-bay? There is a guy there who is selling the whole set again for like $445 or something like that. Just wondering if it's the same guy.
Old 02-14-03, 11:09 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default His name is motomahimahi from ATV PARTS.->

He emailed me and said the tracking# will be active tonight, I will keep you guys updated.
Originally posted by Dimiscus
Lloydsaz- Who did you buy the set from on E-bay? There is a guy there who is selling the whole set again for like $445 or something like that. Just wondering if it's the same guy.
Old 02-14-03, 11:15 AM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

yup, that's the same guy who is selling another one. The auction ends in a few days. He seems to have sold alot of stuff and he has gotten good feedback but man, $445 or $449 or whatever it was for the whole set? That is unheard of. Keep us posted, if it is the real deal, I guess I am going to have to check it out.
Old 02-14-03, 12:00 PM
Lloydsaz
Driver School Candidate

Yes, thats him... I made the mistake and did the buy now and paid $795. But still a good deal... I went back and tracked the others he had on bid and some one got it for under $500. All I have put on is the grill, no time for the sides yet. I will try to install them this weekend. The only thing that I did notice is that the sides are a one piece and the originals are a two piece? He has alot of Toyota stuff too, not sure where it comes from but I had my order at the house is two days.
Old 02-14-03, 12:07 PM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if it is really L-tuned or not? Do L-tuned products do something on their parts that can not be duplicated? Just want to make sure that it is not a scam.

Jose, when are you supposed to receive your stuff?

Quick Reply: Genuine L-Tuned skirts & Grill ????