GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Whats your take on parchement crystal on the 2003 GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-03, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by honda/acura fan
I hear you bro, the TL-S is a great car ( i can live w/the rattles and such) HOWEVER, I refuse to own a car w/a ****ty tranny that may die one me ALAS...I have a accord v6 coupe, I love the car to death but I hope the tranny doesn't go one me

BTW, I figured I'd ask you this since ur a mod If I make 350whp in my GS300, how quick do you think that'll make me in the 1/4 mile? Conservative numbers please lol

Thanks everyone
haha don't ask me about speed man, i don't really keep track of that but yeah, that's why i am thinking about getting rid of my tl-s
Old 02-23-03, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by doug_999
I was under the impression that Honda was warranting those transmissions till 100K. I was also under the impression that it was an isolated issue as opposed to the Toyota 6 cylinder/head gasket issues.

You do know about those right?

Doug
yup i know that. however that's not close to enough.... it's an isolated case but i have a feeling that even honda doesn't know what the heck is the problem, coz' i have already seen a performance using a FOURTH tranny. how can that happen if honda already knows the problem and FIXED it?

and above all, it's not a recall, it's just a extended warranty... you can still get your car crashed on the freeway when doing 80. i have seen two cases of that already, on the freeway, doing 80, downshift suddenly from 5th to 2nd. you imagine the rest
Old 02-23-03, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by doug_999
Oh yea, I forgot about the sludge issue. I was actually referring to all the head gasket issues they had with the inline and V6 engines over the years.

My point is that Toyota stood behind its product as I think Honda is doing (letters have been mailed out to all Honda owners with affected transmissions). I don't think those issues are reason to avoid the car.

BTW, I just saw the TSX at the Chicago autoshow. Most sweet. I do agree that the 4 cylnder is a bit of a concern... still 200 hp.

Oh yea - and just to confirm - the Legend was a sweet car too.

PS -Don't forget the new TL comes out this fall.
hahha that's exactly my point, honda is NOT standing behind their problem. starting from the beginning they have been saying it's not a problem and they get less than 2% on tranny failure. but if you do a simply survey out there you find the rate way higher than that, that's why the US government is doing an investigation now.

and honda never admits the problem. even on the warranty extension letter i got from honda, it says there is nothing to worry about, etc....

another very good example would be the blown engine problem on m3. bmw immediately announced the problem and that around 100 cars were affected, and they were doing everything to solve the problem. this didn't happen on honda. and if you ask people over on acura forum a lot of people tell you the same thing (damn i can't believe i am saying all these)
Old 02-23-03, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

anyway, sorry for making this thread OT.... maybe we should keep it on topic
Old 02-24-03, 11:08 AM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
hahha that's exactly my point, honda is NOT standing behind their problem. starting from the beginning they have been saying it's not a problem and they get less than 2% on tranny failure. but if you do a simply survey out there you find the rate way higher than that, that's why the US government is doing an investigation now.

and honda never admits the problem. even on the warranty extension letter i got from honda, it says there is nothing to worry about, etc....

another very good example would be the blown engine problem on m3. bmw immediately announced the problem and that around 100 cars were affected, and they were doing everything to solve the problem. this didn't happen on honda. and if you ask people over on acura forum a lot of people tell you the same thing (damn i can't believe i am saying all these)
Well I have to say that Honda Tranny's Suck, I HAD a 2000 Honda Accord V6 Coupe and I loved the car, Lowered it, Intake, Exhaust, System, Tint, Oem kit ect. but at 50,000 kms the tranny went got it replaced and 5,000kms later got it changed again, got rid of it at 70,000 kms, tranny seemed fine though after the second time it was changed. But I was always thinking something was going to go wrong again with it and I hate having that feeling so that is why I sold it and got a GS 400. Coming from a 1994 Accord that got written off at 170,000kms with not even one problem that is why I bought the 2000, the quality seems to have gotten worse IMO.
Old 02-24-03, 01:50 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Ok lets get back on topic

I just came back from the Lex dealership to check parchment crystal out. And I must say, I LOVE it. Its very beautiful and has depth to it. Plus, the one I purchased comes w/a ebony leather which makes it even more beautiful to me

If u like white, u MUST check this color out. Hopefully, I can borrow my friend's digicam and take pics when I pick the car up
Old 02-24-03, 02:53 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by honda/acura fan

I just came back from the Lex dealership to check parchment crystal out. And I must say, I LOVE it. Its very beautiful and has depth to it. Plus, the one I purchased comes w/a ebony leather which makes it even more beautiful to me
and that's all that counts. As long as YOU like it, then that's the only person that matters.

Congrats!

Doug
Old 02-24-03, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, as long as you like the color that'a all it counts
Old 02-24-03, 09:37 PM
dipstick
Pole Position

Welcome to CL! I saw the parchment color on a showroom car while waiting for some shop work, and I thought "great color!" I think if you liked it on the color chip you will like the car.
Old 02-25-03, 12:17 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm glad u loved the color, and everything seemed 2 turn out ok. but come on borrow a digi-camera and post pics
Old 02-25-03, 07:31 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by bluelex
i'm glad u loved the color, and everything seemed 2 turn out ok. but come on borrow a digi-camera and post pics

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

I'm picking it up on Friday, hopefully, i'll be able to post pics then