GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Whats your take on parchement crystal on the 2003 GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-03, 11:01 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your take on parchement crystal on the 2003 GS?

Hey everyone.

I put a deposit down on a 2003 gs300 in parchment crystal today. They didn't have the car in stock but said it would be here by Wed. When I looked at the color chart for the car, it appeared to be a light almost bmw-ish titanium silver and thus I went w/it.

However, upon looking at the lexus website, the color appears to have a slight beige/sand hue to it. If someone could clear this up for me by posting a pic of a car (any lexus) in this parchment I would really appreciate it. Or, if someone who owns or has seen a lexus in that color, would you be kind enough to give me ur impression of that color? I.e. did u like the color, does it have any beige/gold hue to it? etc

thanks for the help
Old 02-22-03, 11:04 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey congrats on the GS..that color you ordered is not silver/or the titanium similar to bmw..

it is more of light beige/sand color
Old 02-22-03, 11:13 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by GS4Will
hey congrats on the GS..that color you ordered is not silver/or the titanium similar to bmw..

it is more of light beige/sand color

thanks for the welcome

That what I figured as well, however I'm gionna check it out on monday and let you guys know how I like it. I just want something w/a ebony interior (no black exterior)
Old 02-23-03, 01:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on the new car man, that's nice post some pics, it'd be good

though your login name is a bit funny, haha
Old 02-23-03, 06:55 AM
LexFather

Welcome! That color is sweet.
Old 02-23-03, 06:59 AM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by rominl
congrats on the new car man, that's nice post some pics, it'd be good

though your login name is a bit funny, haha
Hehee I've always loved honda and acura. My 1st car was a 95 Teg, and now I have a 02 accord coupe. However, Honda/Acura, sad to say but true, does now have ANY thing that can really compete w/lexus in terms of build quality and luxury.

If honda had a 260+ awd car, i'd be all over it like how afflack is all ovr J Lo. But they don't and their tranny problems have made me shun them W/the gs300, I plan on making it a 4dr supra essentially and don't have to worry abt fwd
Old 02-23-03, 08:52 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Re: Congrats on your new GS, But I am not sure about that color

thats just my opinion. Good luck give us some feedback when you get it.
Later:Jose

Originally posted by honda/acura fan
Hey everyone.

I put a deposit down on a 2003 gs300 in parchment crystal today. They didn't have the car in stock but said it would be here by Wed. When I looked at the color chart for the car, it appeared to be a light almost bmw-ish titanium silver and thus I went w/it.

However, upon looking at the lexus website, the color appears to have a slight beige/sand hue to it. If someone could clear this up for me by posting a pic of a car (any lexus) in this parchment I would really appreciate it. Or, if someone who owns or has seen a lexus in that color, would you be kind enough to give me ur impression of that color? I.e. did u like the color, does it have any beige/gold hue to it? etc

thanks for the help
Old 02-23-03, 09:24 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i saw that color in person and it is definately different, but i wondor could u change your mind if u don't like it in person, probably could right? b sure u want it b4 u drive off the lot
Old 02-23-03, 02:16 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by bluelex
i saw that color in person and it is definately different, but i wondor could u change your mind if u don't like it in person, probably could right? b sure u want it b4 u drive off the lot
I have a deposit down on the car, but I can change my mind on the color. If I do, I may have to wait a little longer to receive the car.

BUT, thanks for the welcome, i feel loved :P
Old 02-23-03, 03:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by honda/acura fan
Hehee I've always loved honda and acura. My 1st car was a 95 Teg, and now I have a 02 accord coupe. However, Honda/Acura, sad to say but true, does now have ANY thing that can really compete w/lexus in terms of build quality and luxury.

If honda had a 260+ awd car, i'd be all over it like how afflack is all ovr J Lo. But they don't and their tranny problems have made me shun them W/the gs300, I plan on making it a 4dr supra essentially and don't have to worry abt fwd
well i have the tl-s, so tell me about the tranny problem. i don't mind them having less hp, but god's sake do a balanced car and fix the tranny problem. i used to be a honda fan too, but i really lose a lot of faith over the tranny issue
Old 02-23-03, 04:58 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by rominl
well i have the tl-s, so tell me about the tranny problem. i don't mind them having less hp, but god's sake do a balanced car and fix the tranny problem. i used to be a honda fan too, but i really lose a lot of faith over the tranny issue
I hear you bro, the TL-S is a great car ( i can live w/the rattles and such) HOWEVER, I refuse to own a car w/a ****ty tranny that may die one me ALAS...I have a accord v6 coupe, I love the car to death but I hope the tranny doesn't go one me

BTW, I figured I'd ask you this since ur a mod If I make 350whp in my GS300, how quick do you think that'll make me in the 1/4 mile? Conservative numbers please lol

Thanks everyone
Old 02-23-03, 05:54 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

I was under the impression that Honda was warranting those transmissions till 100K. I was also under the impression that it was an isolated issue as opposed to the Toyota 6 cylinder/head gasket issues.

You do know about those right?

Doug
Old 02-23-03, 06:07 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

Originally posted by doug_999
I was under the impression that Honda was warranting those transmissions till 100K. I was also under the impression that it was an isolated issue as opposed to the Toyota 6 cylinder/head gasket issues.

You do know about those right?

Doug
Yes I do

However, despite the extended warranty issue, many people are still getting jerked arnd nonetheless. If the tranny issue ever blows up in Honda's faces like the sludge issue w/toyota, you can expect this to be even mor of a big deal than toyotss's problem.

If honda ever makes a car like the legend (i.e. built in japan and hopefully awd), i'll be over it. The closest thing to that rite now is the tsx, which is sweet as hell but fwd
Old 02-23-03, 06:18 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Oh yea, I forgot about the sludge issue. I was actually referring to all the head gasket issues they had with the inline and V6 engines over the years.

My point is that Toyota stood behind its product as I think Honda is doing (letters have been mailed out to all Honda owners with affected transmissions). I don't think those issues are reason to avoid the car.

BTW, I just saw the TSX at the Chicago autoshow. Most sweet. I do agree that the 4 cylnder is a bit of a concern... still 200 hp.

Oh yea - and just to confirm - the Legend was a sweet car too.

PS -Don't forget the new TL comes out this fall.
Old 02-23-03, 10:23 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

legend is coming bak?!!

Quick Reply: Whats your take on parchement crystal on the 2003 GS?