GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A few pics of my GS w/ new rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-03 | 01:05 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Default A few pics of my GS w/ new rims

Got a new set of Volk GT-C 19x8.5 (F) 19x9.5 (R). I'm running 19/30/275, 19/35/245. I really wanted Gunmetals at first, however, Mackin's sent in the wrong ones and sent the Mercury Silvers...anyways..I looked at it and thought..hey what the hell..i don't want to wait a few more weeks for the gunmetals so I went with these instead. I'm glad I got these...it's a big jump from my stock 16s but with the sways, the Tein HAs at 8/6 (or 8/8..don't remember), and the new low profile tires...the lexus comfort is gone. I live where roads are terrible so that makes all of the above even worse. Enough with the babbling...here's some pics..
(Sorry pics suck...crappy digicam and i took em in my garage tonite)
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of my GS w/ new rims-picture-004.jpg  
Old 03-01-03 | 01:08 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Notice the rears are a bit different than the fronts..Rear is "face2" and the front is "face1" (high disk) just in case I get a brake upgrade in the future.
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of my GS w/ new rims-picture-006.jpg  
Old 03-01-03 | 01:10 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Another angle....
I kinda want to lower the rear a little bit more but with about an inch of travel before it hits the fender, I'm definitely going to need to roll the fenders.....what to do ...what to do...what you guys say...to lower or not to lower......
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of my GS w/ new rims-picture-009.jpg  
Old 03-01-03 | 01:11 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Another pic....
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of my GS w/ new rims-picture-014.jpg  
Old 03-01-03 | 01:14 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Real nice looking. Good idea with the face 1 and face 2. Question do you have coilovers or springs?
Old 03-01-03 | 01:15 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Never mind I answered my own question by looking at your mod list.

Last edited by APLUS; 03-01-03 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-01-03 | 01:15 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

straight pic at the rim
Attached Thumbnails A few pics of my GS w/ new rims-picture-005.jpg  
Old 03-01-03 | 01:20 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Those are nice rims bro!
how much are they?
i mean tires and rims
i am trying to get 19"rims, couldnt find anything that makes me happy.......
doesnt mean urs not gd, hehe
Old 03-01-03 | 01:26 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

ok ..that's it...i have more pics but the quality is so bad, everything looked kinda yellowish...it's embarrasing to post...they look quite nice on the car IMO although i think they're a "tiny bit" too sporty for the GS...I'm still really happy though...

My favorite rims on the GS has always been the AVS3 but seeing all the crappy cars with knockoffs in LA steered me away from them (rominl..your car still rocks tho...)..and the other one I really like but can't really afford are the HRE543s that manaray has..

Oh, btw...not that this pertains to everybody but those who live in the bay area should pay exact motorsport a visit. John (the owner) is really nice just like what everybody said. He's not the cheapest (compared to places in los angeles) but he's definitely a cool guy and knows his stuff. Might go back to him soon to have him trim the rear fenders and do a tune up....hope to see some of you bay area folks there
Old 03-01-03 | 01:35 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

GS400kid,
I got them REALLY cheap....let's just say with the Bridgestone S03's and the center caps, I still kept it under 3 grand (just a hair though)....not including mount and balance..

APLUS..yup..coilovers...I will NEVER do just springs and shocks.....my springs on the TEINS have sagged so much I'm so darn glad I could adjust the height.....you can adjust the height to whatever you like. I can't really understand why most people don't do coilovers (other than comfort cuz the HAs are stiff). I just wish I can afford coilovers that can adjust the shock body length alone and not have to adjust the height by compressing/decompressin the springs...Flex looks nice too..(heard they're a bit less stiff)..but I got a good deal on the HAs thanks to rominl so I'm not complaining......
Old 03-01-03 | 02:21 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Damn bro, looks nice!!

$3K with tires and center caps...you did get a great deal!

And I too don't understand why people don't get coilovers from the get go...I have some good ideas though

If you want more comfort, I HIGHLY recommend the Tein CS instead. It's about the same price as the FLEX and if comfort is your main concern, the CS's is the ticket.

Also, when you get your next set of tires, you can always do the "fat 19" setup and get 245/40-19' and 275/35-19. While it does make the wheels look a little smaller, it will give you a better ride and it will raise the car an extra 1/2" so you you'll have an extra 1/2" of ground clearance...you will also be able to raise your coilovers an extra 1/2" because the fender gap will lessened with this setup...this will give you a extra 1" of ground clearance and it will retain the fender gap you currently have.
Old 03-01-03 | 02:30 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by amlin423

Oh, btw...not that this pertains to everybody but those who live in the bay area should pay exact motorsport a visit. John (the owner) is really nice just like what everybody said. He's not the cheapest (compared to places in los angeles) but he's definitely a cool guy and knows his stuff. Might go back to him soon to have him trim the rear fenders and do a tune up....hope to see some of you bay area folks there
where is this place at?? i live around Bay Area, i gotta check out some stuff for my car
i never seen any shop carry TRDs and Tom's ...unfortunately, i might not know the shop around me. cuz i am foriegn student(yes, fob) haha
if u can give me the address it will be nice, thx!
Old 03-01-03 | 02:31 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Yeah I was reading a post here about the difference in coilovers and springs and now I am glad I kept my $300.00 for springs. After spending $300.00 on springs and another $200.00 on installation I would be out $500.00 big ones. For another $500.00 I could roll coilovers and get the 3in. drop I need.

Quick question.... You said you did everthing yourself in your mod list. Does that include the coilovers? I would to like to take on the task of doing them myself. If anyone has information on this I would love to have it.

Never really knew about coilovers until I came to this site :eek: and didn't really know the difference between coilovers and springs until BIT started that thread.

By the way your pics don't look bad, it's the lighting in you garage and it looks like your flash is on. Just wait till the morning and take some outside shots. Damn car looks damn good. Makes me want to put my Lorinser's back on, I have to buy two more though do to a little accident that happened not to long ago.
Old 03-01-03 | 08:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by APLUS
For another $500.00 I could roll coilovers and get the 3in. drop I need.
On Michigan roads that ought to be real smooth.
Old 03-01-03 | 09:29 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Very Nice Selection my man! My boy here in Frisco (@ 10 min. from me) has the same wheels in "Mercury Silver" on his heavily modded 350Z!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 03-01-03 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply: A few pics of my GS w/ new rims