GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Windshield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-03, 10:43 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry Windshield Replacement

I am in a bad situation guys ,and need some help and advice. Recently I had my windshield replaced by a reputable windshield replacement company to have the windshield replaced (naturally) . I go to pick up the car and they show me where the scratched my paint on the hood,roof,left quarter panel,right quarter panel. The shop manager told me they would discount my windshield or for me to go get an estimate of the damage. I decided to pay for the windshield and I would then go get an estimate. I take my car immediately to my body shop and they tell me they did about 1k to 1200 worth of damage to the car . . I thought to myself that friggin sucks now I must get the whole front end repainted. I decided to go to another body shop for the windshield company to be fair to them and get 2 estimates. This body shop told me I was looking at 1100 to 1300 to fix it. Immediately I head back to the shop where they replaced my windshield show them the estimate and he looks in total shock as I show him the estimates. He tells me he will have to speak to his district manager . I get a phone call Monday the 3rd of this month and he tells me to call this body shop he knows of. I concur and call this body shop to to try and take the car their. The body shop tells me where they are located and I almost ish myself. The bodyshop is almost 1 hr away from where I live. I call the windshield replacement company and tell them they are not being fair too me I shouldnt have to drive 1 hr to have a car repaired when my body shop is down the street from me and they do damn good work.The manager then tells me he doesnt want to use my bidy shop because they dont use him when the body shop fixes cars. I proceeded to tell him I chose your shop and now that you have damged my car I would like the choice as to where my car gets fixed. The mangaer went on on about this body shop he deals with . I tell him I would like to speak to the district manager. He says well he would have the district manager call me later that day. I still have not received a phone call as of yet and its almost Friday. My ? is guys should call their corporate headquarters and complain ? Should I call my insurance company and file a claim against them ? I am really lost as what I can do. Please help me!!
Old 03-06-03, 10:49 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey AC...

If it was me, I would let my Insurance do all the talking. Don't get in a verbal match with this guy or his district manager. Let your insurance handle it, that's why you have insurance to begin with. This guy seems like he is giving you the run around and that he wants you to use his shop maybe to bring business to them or maybe to get them to do the job at half the cost. Another thing is, the fricking district manager hasn't even called you yet, that would be another sign for me. Hell, he's already got his money for the job they did on your windshield! Let the insurance handle it!
Old 03-07-03, 05:04 AM
Gabeshell
Pit Crew

Good morning. I would let your insurance company know as well. This is what you pay the big bucks to them for. Obviously the winshield repair center cannot dictate where you get your vehicle fixed. Also, bear this in mind; if you have your vehicle repaired/painted you are going to lose resale value as any dealer is going to be able to tell your vehicle was repainted, regardless of the quality of the work a body shop does. Also, if you have more than one body panel painted on your Lexus this automatically disqualifies your car from being a Certified Pre Owned Lexus. Therefore you're going to get hit twice as hard at the time of trade in. I can validate that statement as I have been dealing with paint issues through my dealer. Don't back down and let your insurance company handle this. Just stay on top of the insurance company.
Old 03-07-03, 09:33 AM
FilBoiLsGs
Driver

I agree with Gabeshell.If this happen to me, first of all,I will not pay the windshield company or I might pay,but partial payment until everything settled or we come into some sort of agreement. I still believe that "Who has the money,has the power." Since they've got their payment, now they are in control and play you around.Otherwise, if you did not pay them, you can have the control and should I say, leverage?Next, I have to explain the case to my attorney and seek legal advice as to my recourse.I will let my insurance company involve and if ever I agree to repaint, I have to go to the best bodyshop that I feel comfortable with or I will let the Lexus bodyshop do the painting of the whole car and I pick up whatever color is my first love.
Old 03-07-03, 09:42 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Windshield Replacement

Originally posted by acnup00tl
....My ? is guys should call their corporate headquarters and complain ? Should I call my insurance company and file a claim against them ? I am really lost as what I can do. Please help me!!
What a load of crap. Don't let THEM Adictate to you where to take YOUR CAR to get fixed after THEY screwded it up!

Know this, if you get your insurance involved they will have their own idea where to take it too.

I'd call the corp HQ and raise some serious HECK, DEMANDING you use YOUR bodyshop, or prepare for legal action.

Good Luck
Old 03-07-03, 10:22 AM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys for all your help!!!! I have worked it out .

I made a phone call today to the windshield company left a message for the manager to call me back. I told the receptionist that if I did not get a phone call today by the manager or the district manager I was going to involve the insurance company ,and then contact a lawyer. The receptionist told me she would pass along the message to her boss. I head out the door and not 10 minutes later get a phone call from the manager. He tells me he is sorry for not calling me back ,and sorry for the damage. I remain calm and collective throughout because I know being a di#k sometimes gets u nowhere. After he aploigiazes he says I can take it to my body shop no ??? asked. The only favor he asks is if he can come to my body shop and fix the windshield. I told him NO I did not want his company anywhere near my car. He then says Mike I do apoligize but give me another chance to make it right . I will fix it right this time. I decided again No not to let them touch my car. . He then says Mike I understand just use whoever the body shop uses. I thanked the manger for his cander and then said good bye. My car goes in the body shop on Monday bright and early. I can finally get rid of the rock chips on the hood. My spectra blue will look good again with a new paint job. Thanks again Guys!!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by acnup00tl; 03-07-03 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-07-03, 10:25 AM
Gabeshell
Pit Crew

Congradulations man....Good Luck