GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

All- Fit Lip Kit Anyone ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-15, 09:47 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ oh? just curious because there are so many curves and accents on the bottom of the lip .. i'm guessing i'll have to cut it in 3 separate pieces to fit.
Old 02-13-15, 10:55 AM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
^ oh? just curious because there are so many curves and accents on the bottom of the lip .. i'm guessing i'll have to cut it in 3 separate pieces to fit.
You can cut it in to 3 separate pieces or you can shape it to the curves with a little patience and persistency. The "V" cuts and cutting some sections of the tape portion out will help.
Old 02-15-15, 06:18 AM
samiir
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Aright guys i installed the allfit lip on my bumper. The product itself is definitely really good quality material and with some heating we were able to get the lip to contour to the GS bumper as best as we can. I think it came out pretty good and im happy with the results.

Old 02-15-15, 08:37 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

not bad at all
Old 02-15-15, 04:01 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by samiir
Aright guys i installed the allfit lip on my bumper. The product itself is definitely really good quality material and with some heating we were able to get the lip to contour to the GS bumper as best as we can. I think it came out pretty good and im happy with the results.
Great installation. It is obvious from the pictures that you took your time and did it right with all of those funky curves. Loving the second picture

Last edited by AllFit; 02-15-15 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-15-15, 05:13 PM
Danny365N
Pole Position

Part 1:
This all fit lip is awesome, I recommend it for any car that isn't like 2 inches off the ground. It was durable as heck and it molded perfectly to my TTE lip with just a snip in the corners. I had some friends tug on the remaining bit and they couldn't get it to tear or anything.
Here's how it looked installed; I personally think they look hard af

Old 02-15-15, 05:15 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Danny365N
Part 1: This all fit lip is awesome, I recommend it for any car that isn't like 2 inches off the ground. It was durable as heck and it molded perfectly to my TTE lip with just a snip in the corners. I had some friends tug on the remaining bit and they couldn't get it to tear or anything. Here's how it looked installed; I personally think they look hard af
great install Danny. nice and flush and straight lines. I like it
Old 02-15-15, 05:20 PM
Danny365N
Pole Position

Part 2; So I went for a drive and enjoyed the sound of the lip dragging everything. 20 mile round trip later I guess it split between the screws from all the heat (when I touched it to pull it off it was really hot)
At this point I parted with my new lip and took my screws out and ripped it off (it was pretty tough to get off, yours will NOT fall off it required me to pull on it pretty hard)
Glad I didn't put more screws because my issue with it wasn't it sticking, it stuck exceeding my expectations, just the friction from it dragging around would have turned it into shavings in no time.

It was fun while it lasted and I don't regret it at all. Looked awesome for the hour it was on my car.
If I ever decide to raise my car or get a different one I'll definitely buy this again.
RIP the little All Fit Lip that tried 2015-2015

Old 02-15-15, 05:44 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Part 2; So I went for a drive and enjoyed the sound of the lip dragging everything. 20 mile round trip later I guess it split between the screws from all the heat (when I touched it to pull it off it was really hot)
At this point I parted with my new lip and took my screws out and ripped it off (it was pretty tough to get off, yours will NOT fall off it required me to pull on it pretty hard)
Glad I didn't put more screws because my issue with it wasn't it sticking, it stuck exceeding my expectations, just the friction from it dragging around would have turned it into shavings in no time.

It was fun while it lasted and I don't regret it at all. Looked awesome for the hour it was on my car.
If I ever decide to raise my car or get a different one I'll definitely buy this again.
RIP the little All Fit Lip that tried 2015-2015
Damn. Sorry to hear man. You're just too damn low. I don't think any material, whether carbon fiber or concrete could take that much abuse constantly dragging the road. Wish the results could have been different though. We have a new, even stronger material coming out shortly, but there's still probably no chance it could withstand constantly being drug on the concrete.
Old 02-15-15, 05:57 PM
Danny365N
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AllFit
Damn. Sorry to hear man. You're just too damn low. I don't think any material, whether carbon fiber or concrete could take that much abuse constantly dragging the road. Wish the results could have been different though. We have a new, even stronger material coming out shortly, but there's still probably no chance it could withstand constantly being drug on the concrete.
Haha no worries I know it's a great and ridiculously durable product, but like you said anything you drag along the ground isn't going to resist. . I'll tag you guys in a pic on Insta or something. It looked really good imo. I'll have to hit you guys up for some quick release things soon.
Old 02-15-15, 06:13 PM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Haha no worries I know it's a great and ridiculously durable product, but like you said anything you drag along the ground isn't going to resist. . I'll tag you guys in a pic on Insta or something. It looked really good imo. I'll have to hit you guys up for some quick release things soon.
Really appreciate it brother.

Still kind of disappointed it didn't last longer. We have a ton of slammed guys still going strong.

Old 02-15-15, 06:37 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to agree with Danny, it looks sick with the TTE lip. Love the sound it makes when it rubs on my driveway, kinda of like a squee gee instead of a scrape! Lol
Attached Thumbnails All- Fit Lip Kit Anyone ??-20150215_1827.jpg   All- Fit Lip Kit Anyone ??-20150215_1824.jpg  
Old 02-15-15, 06:44 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by clos430
I have to agree with Danny, it looks sick with the TTE lip. Love the sound it makes when it rubs on my driveway, kinda of like a squee gee instead of a scrape! Lol
looks good... much better on TTE lip than stock bumper IMO....
Old 02-15-15, 11:25 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

deng, so this isnt slammed friendly? I'm sure the majority of those that had success in the product being slammed is on air bags? so they only park slammed.
Old 02-16-15, 12:26 AM
AllFit
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BBRolex
deng, so this isnt slammed friendly? I'm sure the majority of those that had success in the product being slammed is on air bags? so they only park slammed.
It is absolutely slammed friendly. This is what our product is manufactured to be. A layer of protection while lowering your vehicle even further. It just did not withstand the 24/7 dragging from this customer. One of my personal rides is a static, GTi that I just replaced a busted oil pan on. That thing is slammed! At most, a half itch higher than the vehicle pictured that drug the All-Fit Lip around town. I went 8 months before seeing a small hole in the lip. And I daily drove the thing. We have companies like Gintani protecting their custom carbon fiber parts with our product. Lets think of some of the strongest materials. If you attach carbon fiber or concrete to the bottom of a 3,000+ pound vehicle and drag it around town, something is going to give. And I can assure you, no matter how strong the material is, it will be the part that is attach to your vehicle. Whether concrete or carbon fiber, there is not a product out there that would not eventually ware from such abuse. Just the simple nature of physics. Our product is not invincible, but is absolutely some of the strongest materials in the lip industry. We have had guys bust their carbon fiber lips from such impacts while our product has stayed perfectly in-tack. All applications and situations vary, but our product is absolutely meant for the slammed guys. MOST slammed guys PREFER adding our product as a layer of protection. Also, my post of all those slammed vehicles, the only one that is not static is the red Audi, which is bagged. I can personally attest for the abuse of his product and so can many other slammed guys

Quick Reply: All- Fit Lip Kit Anyone ??