GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ANyone have any experience with Veilside GS kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-03, 02:45 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ANyone have any experience with Veilside GS kits?

Im thinkingabout buying the side skirts and rear from the VS executive series. Does anyone here have any personal experience with the fitment and quality of the VS kits? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-18-03, 02:49 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fitment on a lot Veilside products that I have installed b4 were flawless. Theres quite a few members on ClubLexus that can vouch for that!
Old 03-18-03, 02:57 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

The rear bumper was very easy to install, flawless! The sideskirts, I had a little problem aligning up the holes for the screws but no need for any modifications. Do a search for my username cong28 in the picture gallery and you'll see the sideskirts and rear bumper.

Last edited by cong28; 03-18-03 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-18-03, 03:04 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to see the sides on Cong's car in person. Sweet.
Old 03-18-03, 03:20 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Yeah cong, I saw those pics. Looks good my man, those pics are what swayed me that direction. Im still not sure on that front though, it looks good on your car in silver, but iM not sure I would like it on black.
Old 03-19-03, 07:54 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that kit.
What front bumper will you be using with it?
Old 03-19-03, 09:04 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Im not sure on the front end yet, im not quite sold on the Executive front end yet. Its growing on me, but im not quite ready to buy it. I might just go with the Greddy lip spoiler until I figure out what I want to throw on the front. I like the first VS front, but they dont have it in stock. Thats the problem, any of the fornts that I really would like to buy, I cant get for a few months of importing time. So, it looks like the Greddy lip spoiler(which I actually like alot on the GS), and maybe order something and wait it out. I like the Explosion front, or maybe the new WIN front. Hard decision.
Old 03-19-03, 09:31 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Im not sure on the front end yet, im not quite sold on the Executive front end yet. Its growing on me, but im not quite ready to buy it. I might just go with the Greddy lip spoiler until I figure out what I want to throw on the front. I like the first VS front, but they dont have it in stock. Thats the problem, any of the fornts that I really would like to buy, I cant get for a few months of importing time. So, it looks like the Greddy lip spoiler(which I actually like alot on the GS), and maybe order something and wait it out. I like the Explosion front, or maybe the new WIN front. Hard decision.
I personally like the executive front (I also needed some time to get used to it) but after seeing a couple of cars with that kit I really like it. It looks even better with an intercooler behind it .
Whatever you choose I would love to see the outcome.
Old 03-19-03, 09:46 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Hopefully it will all be painted and on by the second week of April. I will definitely post pics as soon as it rolls out of the shop.
Old 03-19-03, 09:54 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Hopefully it will all be painted and on by the second week of April. I will definitely post pics as soon as it rolls out of the shop.
Wow, that is fast!!
Looking foreward to it.
Old 03-19-03, 02:40 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Cong, the more I looked at your pics the more I liked that Executive front. I ended up going with the whole kit, rather than just the sides and rear. Hopefully It will look as good on black as it does on that silver.

You mentioned the fit on the sides and the rear, how did your front fit?
Also, did you add that mesh on there yourself?
Old 03-19-03, 06:45 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

I know how you feel, the executive kit grew on me. Let me tell you, the kit looks very nice and I get lots of compliments. You have to remember, I did modify the front bumper a little bit. I had the bottom section evenly flushed so there won't be any holes. The kit does not come with any mesh, you'll have to provide that on your own. As for the fitment, went right on. Fitted perfectly! By the way, Congratulations on kit. Can't wait to see some picks.

Last edited by cong28; 03-19-03 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-19-03, 08:04 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Thanks, Im pretty hyped up about it right now!! I went from unsure about it, to hyped up about it, in about three hours time. Maybe thats because i just droped a couple grand on it, I better be hyped.

I see what you mean about your mods to the front, it like it going straight across like that. I probably would have never noticed if you didnt mention it. I cant tell you how happy I am to hear that the kit fits good out of the box, hopefully I will be that lucky as well. I think I might get the wing also, I wish I could get a side view of it. By the way, Cong, what suspension do you have on your car?

I will have some pics up hopefully around 4/10 ish...

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 03-19-03 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-19-03, 08:33 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully, I'll have some pics at the same time. Thanks for the kit Jeff
Old 03-19-03, 08:39 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

No problem my man!! The more the $$$ is adding up on the new project, the more IM wondering why the hell Im changing up!

Quit teasing me with that damn Supra pic would ya!!!

Quick Reply: ANyone have any experience with Veilside GS kits?