GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-03, 01:13 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bumper

aiight guys need some opinions and good advice....... ive been lookin at bumpers and i happened to fall upon this one int he photo gallery. i think its different and looks very good. need your thoughts b4 i invest my money in this and how much do you think it would cost to mount and paint as well. i got a pic and the link as well. so check them out. it looks nice on there. let me know guys.... thanks

~ Stella

http://aerogear.net/lexus.htm

ps. when you go to the site you have to click on 98-00 part cuz it will bring you to the 1generation series first i think.
Attached Thumbnails new bumper-try.jpg  
Old 03-19-03, 01:38 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

I like it! Looks very good. Even though I already heard about this three weeks ago from Stella.. lol...

-Anthony
Old 03-19-03, 01:40 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMC

Looks like IMC body kit. For that price, I assume its a copy or Knock Off. People have been talking about the quality issue with the knock off and if you ask Manaray and others they willl say "NO" to them. But I did heard people have good experience with some of the knock off kit like the explosion kit available on the Ebay. Anyways, I think its a nice kit. Here is one of the picture I downloaded a while ago.
Attached Thumbnails new bumper-ssr-nice.jpg  
Old 03-19-03, 02:36 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

that front looks like it sticks out alot farther than stock, maybe its just the pic? anyway, its a pretty nice looking kit.I think it could use some sort of low key mesh though to disguise all the radiator parts and frame etc.
Old 03-19-03, 03:42 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That's a copy kit of IMC.........My friend has those and my shop put that on for him........It doesn't fit well and needs a lot of body work.......And it's pretty low, so even though ur car is not lower u might still scratch the kit. My friend got the whole 8 pieces kit for $1350.
Old 03-19-03, 04:38 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

GSTRANCE, that is how the IMC body kit looks like. Yes, the front end is extended compare to the stock and other body kit. sure looks nice though.
Old 03-19-03, 05:23 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

the real IMC kit fits pretty nicely. nothing out of the ordinary, except the way the sideskirts are designed, as they stick out in a stepped way
Old 03-19-03, 05:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,412 Likes on 1,581 Posts

That first pic looks a bit like this!
Attached Thumbnails new bumper-darth-vader-mask.jpg  
Old 03-19-03, 05:28 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Man that kit in that pic is tight!!!!!!
Old 03-19-03, 05:48 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

u guys are funny........ but if thats a knock off where can i get the real deal and i want to see like closer pics of the whole kit i mean that car looks nice from the far shot but the upclose is what you want to see if you cant see it in person you know.

bitkahuna u must not like it if your showing a pic of that ....... but i must admit it was pretty funny

~ Stella
Old 03-19-03, 06:53 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Yankees Diva
u guys are funny........ but if thats a knock off where can i get the real deal and i want to see like closer pics of the whole kit i mean that car looks nice from the far shot but the upclose is what you want to see if you cant see it in person you know.

bitkahuna u must not like it if your showing a pic of that ....... but i must admit it was pretty funny

~ Stella
My friend was about to go for the real IMC but 1) He had to wait at least two months 2) Everything plus shipping will cost him around $4000!!!! So he went for the copy.....It still look nice but just have some fitment problems.
Old 03-20-03, 02:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, aerogear is ALL knock-offs...like others have said, the IMC kit is very low...the rear bumper wraps around the exhaust (the exhaust fit through openings in the bumper) so you can nick it going up steep driveways and such pretty easily....

Steve Ganz might be able to get you a better price on the IMC kit...but it's not going to be $1350 or whatever...that's for sure...but then again, it's not a cheaply made, ill fitting, knock-off...
Old 03-20-03, 04:24 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Question

what if i didnt do the whole kit what if i just did the front bumper like i originally wanted or can i only buy it as a set? i really just like the front of it.
Old 03-20-03, 10:49 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

in my opinion just adding a front bumper would make the car look awkward!! you need skirts AT LEAST to give the car an even look. my suggestion is that if you only want a front bumper then just add a front lip spoiler. it attaches straight to your factory bumper and gives a great look. you can get them from greddy and tte. if you look in the archives i'm sure it will show up. many memebers have them. i like the tte better than the greddy but it's your choice. good luck
Old 03-20-03, 04:37 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

yea i have no problem doin side skirts i actually want them too. the bak bumper though i feel no need for that at least not rite now. so u think front bumper and side skirts is good enough ??? i still want to kno if i can buy these parts individually not as a set and how much . thanks guys

~ Stella

Quick Reply: new bumper