GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Side marker on the GS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-03, 01:10 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side marker on the GS?

Hi all, want opinion on the side marker. I have seen couple CL members with the rectangle clear side marker. I like the look but is afraid of drill hole on my body. What do you guys think?
Old 03-23-03, 01:19 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it and have contemplted on doing it....only thing is...to make it look better and I guess like a true Aristo, you can shave off the clear corner light. I would suggest going strictly JDM though...no aftermarket knockoff lights that will eventually get moisture inside. just my .02

Danny
Old 03-23-03, 01:53 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Just for the record they are not side markers, they are turn signals. Just ordered a set of clear ones from Japan to replace my orange ones.
/Fredric
Old 03-24-03, 12:29 PM
SCHEME
Pole Position

I ordered those aftermarket clears and decided not to put them on, fboukari - how did you order the Japan clears?
Old 03-24-03, 01:19 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SCHEME
I ordered those aftermarket clears and decided not to put them on, fboukari - how did you order the Japan clears?
Evolution hooked me up with an Importer since I wanted to buy some auto couture rims. He said that he could get me anything from Japan. So I ordered a set with the wheels. I've the eurpean model of the GS so I'm just gonna replace my orange ones. The US version need some conversion that body shops usually do.
/Fredric
Old 03-24-03, 01:32 PM
VI Rep
Driver

Default !?!??!?!?!!

Please post pics becuase I have no clue to the conversion that you guys are talking about. I thought that there are only one type of clear signal replacement for the 2nd gen GS? If you can post pics I would love to see it!
Old 03-24-03, 01:43 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Default Re: !?!??!?!?!!

Originally posted by VI Rep
Please post pics becuase I have no clue to the conversion that you guys are talking about. I thought that there are only one type of clear signal replacement for the 2nd gen GS? If you can post pics I would love to see it!
Here is a picture of Dees car. He did a conversion. I don't think his is JDM though. Doesn't look right to me.
/Fredric

Last edited by fboukari; 03-24-03 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-24-03, 07:45 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: !?!??!?!?!!

Originally posted by VI Rep
It's not really a conversion....It depends on what kit you get w/the front bumper....for example...the RMM front bumper does not have the clear corners on them...therefore you don not need to woory about doing a "conversion". If you do not have a kit w/a front bumper...you can take your car to the body shop and they can fill in the hole from the Corner lights and then put on the clear signal replacement. Hope this helps.

Danny
Old 03-24-03, 08:00 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: !?!??!?!?!!

Originally posted by dagr8tsthustla
It's not really a conversion....It depends on what kit you get w/the front bumper....for example...the RMM front bumper does not have the clear corners on them...therefore you don not need to woory about doing a "conversion". If you do not have a kit w/a front bumper...you can take your car to the body shop and they can fill in the hole from the Corner lights and then put on the clear signal replacement. Hope this helps.

Danny
Well bud, I don't think any bodykits for the GS has cutouts for the side markers.. If you want them then you'll need to have the bodyshop cut into the front bumper.. And if you don't want them just leave it as is.. But for me I'm gonna put clear signal in the front quarter panel too.. So I'm gonna have to have the bodyshop cover-up the holes from the side markers.. I don't know why the shop didn't ask me if I wanted them or not.. But I should have told them.. I guess it's my fault... I guess you can call it a conversion.. You'll need to drill some holes and run some wires from your signals.. But that's it..