GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Supra TT GS/Aristo in works!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-01, 02:51 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I was looking through Duponte Regestry magazine and the had a twin turbo gs300 for sale it was pushing 600hp and was fully tuned for racing and street use it had a body kit on it 19" rims the works and what I found even more surprising was that it was bieng sold for $56K too bad I just baught my GS400 at the time I would have totaly baught the GS300tt
I wonder if anyone knows who baught it I remmember the seller had it in florida if anyone knows anything about it I was wondering if you have any stats on it and if it would give Mo's 700hp GS400 a run for its money?
Old 03-23-01, 06:46 AM
LexusPilot

Talking Re: engine swap

More than anything I would like a 6speed tranny
Old 03-24-01, 09:43 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks QBranchCars!

QBranchCars,

Thanks for providing me Bruce's contact information. We swapped interesting stories and mechanical philosophy behind the engine and the outcome.

BTW, Martin is not the first person in the US to have a 98+ JZS16# chassis with a successful Aristo 3.0V or V300/Supra Twin Turbo Conversion. It has been done. I know Bruce will certainly do an outstanding job. If the final product can maintain the "luxury" aspects of the Lexus GS and include that Getrag 6... then "you can have the cake and eat it too."
Old 03-25-01, 08:16 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about boreing the 2JZ block? make it 3.3L instead of 3.0 then you get the tunability, and you get more displacement (thats what i'm gonna do) along with twins (or single??) and a 6-speed tranny
Old 03-25-01, 10:53 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default Custom fabrication is a bitc...

Originally posted by LexusRules
what about boreing the 2JZ block? make it 3.3L instead of 3.0 then you get the tunability, and you get more displacement (thats what i'm gonna do) along with twins (or single??) and a 6-speed tranny
Sasha,

If you want to go with the bigger displacement... I totally encourage you to do so. Hope you are willing to spend more than 8K (US dollars) for the parts and labor. Why not make it 3.4 liters instead of 3.3 since you are going through the overhaul? Every little bit helps right? You need custom forged pistons, rods and a +3mm crank increase, as well as a new head gasket. Turbo system? Gee... lower compression ratio for turbo (8.5-8.7:1) VS. higher compression for naturally aspirated configurations (10-11:1). Upgraded fuel system via Supra TT fuel pump, additional fuel line, fuel rail with fuel pressure regulator, larger injectors or AIC (additional injector controller). Before jumping the gun, how much horsepower are you aiming for? I suggest a basic single T04S04 turbo, 50mm wastegate, custom fabricated manifold because the bolt patterns between the heads of GE and GTE re not the same. As for "tunability," pray your car idles correctly and smoothly. As for computers I suggest a vein pressure controller, air fuel regulator computer, turbo timer, boost controller. By the way, part two will cost another 7-9 grand (US dollars). Ahh... Getrag-6... good luck! I think its a better idea to get a pre OBD-II Supra TT.
Old 03-25-01, 11:16 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

i'd definatly be looking at a supra 6-speed would 3.4 liters make the space between each cylinder too narrow? i would aim at the highest possible streetabout HP number somewhere in the 800-1000HP range since my life is gonna be cars and i'm gonna make a buisness all the parts will be much less since i will manufactur them, my car will be the project car i guess you could say, i'll have every electronic thing you can think of, for boost control i'm gonna go with the new id mated with the Blitz Power Meter (they have Infa-Red sensors and can link with each other, pretty cool ay?) and i'll probobly go with blitz gauges too. i can't wait!

thanx V300

p.s. how many mods do you think you should have before you can say you've "tuned" your car or you've "souped it up"? i think just subs and exhaust isn't enough yet maybe i need lowering?
Old 03-25-01, 09:31 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default a-ha

Sasha,

i'd definatly be looking at a supra 6-speed would 3.4 liters make the space between each cylinder too narrow?
No. We are talking millimeters overbore. In fact a couple of companies already have 3.3-3.4 liter kits for the GTE engine FYI. These "kits" usually contain larger pistons (forged), stroker crankshaft, rods, pistons... etc. Pray the machine shop is qualified to minimize the margine of error.

i would aim at the highest possible streetabout HP number somewhere in the 800-1000HP range.
...boy you're nuts. Be reasonable in what you are asking for. No offense but have you ever "driven" a car with at least 450rwhp? That is the number for most basic performace upgraded Supra Twin Turbos. If you don't know what you are doing you'll be jeopadizing the safety of others as well as yourself. As for 800-1000hp, it is going to be very hard to drive on the street.

Tuned/Souped-up/moded...

These words are philosophical debates in themselves. You can say Micheal K's car is a "tuned" 500hp (est.) street driven GS. As for :souped up..." I think of it synonymously to the "rice boy" lifestyle meaning it is "all show and no go." As for "mod-ed" (modification) it depends on the extent of your car's performance in the category of suspension, sound system, engine output, above OEM. IMO, the exhaust is not a heavy mod. The subs could be considered an advanced sound system mod. It's just not as advanced as Percy's (I hope I got the member) system. I like to use Mark Tozer's distinction between basic performance upgrade compared to advanced performace upgrades. BPU=intakes, exhausts, spark plugs, ignition system, a/f correction, cam sprockets, pulleys, etc. APU= upgraded fuel systems, engine overhaul, superchargers, NOS-setups, turbo system, or engine transplant are all examples of "advanced perfomance upgrades, to name a few.

Keep on dreaming and "do" instead of "talk."
Old 03-26-01, 04:56 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

got ya, no the most powerfull car i've driven was a Jag XK8, but if i was running 800-1000 then i could just set the boost down to 350-450 on the street, i'd say without the turbo it would do around 350RWHP make sence? or is this number not possible? i never plan on selling this car, i'm going to keep it for as long as i live
Old 03-26-01, 10:35 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default It is not that easy

Sasha,

When I asked you the question "what is your horsepower goal?," you have to be realistic. With a properly sized turbo you can go from 500rwhp to 360rwhp, i.e., T04E/S with .58-.70 A/R and stock "Supra TT" fuel setup w/ VPC. A boost controller will not lower your horsepower from 1000 to 350 with a twist on the ****. Factors including turbo sizing, configuration, wastegate setting, fuel system already on the car predetermines the powerband. You can be running a T51R and 1000cc injectors and have an engine with the lower end built up, but tuning it down for street driving is not possible from 1000hp to 350. To even do that, you will have to resize/remap your scheme. You'll have to remove the intake manifold to gain access to the injectors, change fuel pressure regulator, change the turbo and manifold (because the A/R is too big and the turbo will not spool). However, with NOS there can be an exception. I don't want to touch the subject because I am not a NOS advocate. However, with a Motec and proper authoratitve help, i.e., Bruce Nomura maybe. You should do some research about turbo sizing first. This is the best advice I can offer you.