GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I got a pic of that YELLOW GS here in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-03, 01:28 AM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
I saw that car in person on Friday and my buddy got the pic. I will ask him to e-mail me. He took about 6 pix. of that yellow thing.
LOL, if your bold enough to take talk ***** about it, why didnt you get up on it and take the pic? It seems to me you were using the bushes for cover. *sniff* *sniff*, i smell....

BTW, wtf are you talking about he painted the car inside and out? As far as the inside goes, it was painted like any other quality paint job. Engine was pulled along with the panels so that the paint job looked factory, door jams and all. The interior is factory, besides the ICE that he has installed [all Alpine, excluding the Eclipse Titanium 15's]. BTW, who's GS on this board would win a trophy over his? Just a question.

Dont take this as me flaming. I always check out this board for info on finishing up my SC swap, but damn, talk to Nick and give him a chance to defend himself. Ya'll are saying "I wish he could see how we have the last laugh". Invite him to the site the next time you see him. Better yet, when you think he assumes that your admiring his car, tell him how your not and you thinks its fuggin ugly. Maybe it will motivate him to do something about it. Its easy to be all big and bad on the internet, but so many of you are close enough to him to talk to him, but rather run and rant on the internet. Just like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!
Old 07-20-03, 03:14 AM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by FrnkPwrs
My question is this. How many of you with "clean modded GSs" have body kits? Do you criticize anyone with a GS kit?
Actually Frank, a majority of GS owners on CL DO have bodykits so no one is criticizing anyone for having a bodykit.

Last edited by GSTRANCE; 07-20-03 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-20-03, 06:27 AM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FrnkPwrs
[B]LOL, if your bold enough to take talk ***** about it, why didnt you get up on it and take the pic? It seems to me you were using the bushes for cover. *sniff* *sniff*, i smell....

Frank, chill out dude. I don't walk around with digicam all the time. My buddy got a cell phone with build in digicam so he took the picx of the car and I don't have to using the bushes for cover.
Reread my post about the paint inside and outside. It's very expensive to do all that because a lot of labor involved.

Last edited by VVT-i; 07-20-03 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-20-03, 06:30 AM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
Actually Frank, a majority of GS owners on CL DO have bodykits so no one is criticizing anyone for having a bodykit.
Ok, then what makes this carso different than the others on this board? The House of Kolors paint? The $7000 wheels? The Alpine TV's in the headrest? The Alpine HU, DVD Navigation, or the 15's in the trunk? Please tell me. Or maybe a lot of board members hopped on the bandwagon...
Old 07-20-03, 06:43 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't think the members jumpedon the wagon , i think they gave thier honest opinion. remeber not all members r teenagers or in their mid 20's, we have a lot of members who r in thier 30's and 40's who think its to much flash. hey if he's winning shows than thats great, if he's getting in mags thats great too, but we stiil have the right 2 give our honest opinion on it. the car was posted and guys gave thier thoughts on the car. my thoughts were it is too out thier of a look and i personally didn't like it. we would give our opinion even if he was a member of the board too, many members have come on with over the top kits and colors and we gave our opinions on the car, they responded and it was just poeple with lexus's talking of different ways 2 go with the car. so invite u'r friend 2 visit the site and we can all have a talk. thats what this site is about..... not everyone is going 2 like that car , not everyone is going 2 like my car or gstrance's car or mrsypher's car or manarays's car. but its a matter of opinion and we have the right 2 do so if a car is posted on a site....

Last edited by bluelex; 07-20-03 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-20-03, 07:29 AM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

all i want to know is what he does for a living because to buy a gs and tahoe cash and have an $11,000 jacob(cheapest price) on him and that system is very expensive for a 19 yr old. tell him to hook it up wit a job....
Old 07-20-03, 07:54 AM
legendary
Racer

bottom line;

diversity is the spice of life....
some of us like some things;
some of us like others;
we ALL can't like the same things...that would make it boring (i.e. everyone, I mean EVERYONE rocking the same JUN OR WW kit and Zauber Gettins) would make it boring, standardized, etc. To each his own, if he is winning shows, more props to him. Personally, I don't like spinners...especially the flat faced ones. I have seen a GS last year at NOPI with the original Davins, and it looked good. a GS needs to have LIPS. PERIOD. Maybe that will help set the kit off......
Old 07-20-03, 08:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts
Default Re: Unique

Originally posted by Pearlpower
at least you can find it in the mall parking lot
You could find it in a coal mine with no lighting!
Old 07-20-03, 08:08 AM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by loonyrobert3
all i want to know is what he does for a living because to buy a gs and tahoe cash and have an $11,000 jacob(cheapest price) on him and that system is very expensive for a 19 yr old. tell him to hook it up wit a job....
He works Monday through Friday
Old 07-20-03, 08:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I really don't have a problem with the yellow GS, but the spinners and those other rims aren't my style. There's a yellow IS around here and I haven't seen others give that owner a hard time.
Old 07-20-03, 08:45 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bottom line..if the owner likes it, more power to him....everyone else also has a right to keep their opinion to his or herself.
Old 07-20-03, 12:21 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by FrnkPwrs
BTW, who's GS on this board would win a trophy over his? Just a question.

First off, go easy on the aggression, this a Lexus discussion forum, not a murder trial!! I think bluelex put it best in that there are a diverse group of people represented here, and not only in age. There are different races, cultures, walks of life, income, etc represented here. Thus the different tastes. Also, dont think that your buddy is the man because he has alot of expensive stuff on his car and the people around the way like it, ever heard of being a BIG FISH in a SMALL POND? Is taking a trophy or gettin a ricer mag more important than loving what you have done to your vehicle? You never mentioned the owners sense of satisfaction, only the material trappings (Jacob, Tahoe, etc) that he has! If the owner posted here, I would tell him flat out I DONT LIKE THAT KIT OR COLOR!! (same way many told Bluelex about the chrome c-pillar garnish, and he's cool with that) Color has to AGREE with the shape of a car, THATs why yellow is better on Porsche's and Supras, THEY ARE SPORTS CARS. Maybe I'll paint my second car (Ford Taurus) yellow to illustrate my point.

I encourage you to invite your friend to this forum, I bet you any amount of money, in 6 months to a year, he will be running a AutoCoture or RMM kit, JDM 20s, and coilovers!! I also bet he will make some new friends as well!! I swear over time, Club Lexus CHANGES a person!! (Well it sure as hell changed my outlook)
Old 07-20-03, 04:54 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Frank I have a 03 Navigator Hey take a ZAN One time or another we all been ripped.
Nothing personal just words. Tell little Sorprono what's up. Besides the spinners I think his car looks good.
Old 07-20-03, 08:07 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank:

rice is rice, we have our rights to say what we think. FYI, most "modded" CL members all post their pics around, feel free to take a look and share your honest opinion. All in all, like Bluelex has said, tell your friend to spend some more time in CL, you'll understand why we do what we do.
Old 07-20-03, 09:00 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Frank, Im still trying to figure out how the fact that he has money to throw around hasanything to do with the topic of his car looking goor or bad? Who gives a damn how much money he has, the post was opinions on the style of his car, not how much money he has in it. My personal opinion is to each his own, but that car doesnt do it for me at all. I can go with the yellow, but the kit is way to agressive for a GS, and the spinners....ghettofabulous!! But Im sure he doesnt give a ***** about my, or anyone else on CL, opinion on his car, so why are you so bent out of shape about it. Anyone who goes that extreme with their car knows that some people will love it, and some people will hate it, but they usually dont care wither way, as long as they like it.

Quick Reply: I got a pic of that YELLOW GS here in Atlanta