GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I got a pic of that YELLOW GS here in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-03, 09:17 PM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
First off, go easy on the aggression, this a Lexus discussion forum, not a murder trial!! I think bluelex put it best in that there are a diverse group of people represented here, and not only in age. There are different races, cultures, walks of life, income, etc represented here. Thus the different tastes. Also, dont think that your buddy is the man because he has alot of expensive stuff on his car and the people around the way like it, ever heard of being a BIG FISH in a SMALL POND? Is taking a trophy or gettin a ricer mag more important than loving what you have done to your vehicle? You never mentioned the owners sense of satisfaction, only the material trappings (Jacob, Tahoe, etc) that he has! If the owner posted here, I would tell him flat out I DONT LIKE THAT KIT OR COLOR!! (same way many told Bluelex about the chrome c-pillar garnish, and he's cool with that) Color has to AGREE with the shape of a car, THATs why yellow is better on Porsche's and Supras, THEY ARE SPORTS CARS. Maybe I'll paint my second car (Ford Taurus) yellow to illustrate my point.

I encourage you to invite your friend to this forum, I bet you any amount of money, in 6 months to a year, he will be running a AutoCoture or RMM kit, JDM 20s, and coilovers!! I also bet he will make some new friends as well!! I swear over time, Club Lexus CHANGES a person!! (Well it sure as hell changed my outlook)
Big Fish Small Pond. Nice Analogy. But his car is nice on any level. Thats why magazines with national distribution continue to approach him about shoots. And believe me, he loves the hell out of his car. Thats why the guy works 16 hour days 6 days a week. He puts lots of care into that car. But wherever you go, someone will hate.

Hey, Im sure everyone would tell him online that his car is ugly as fauk. The internet has made it so that everyone has a pair the size of boulders. But my point is, if your that bold enough to say it on the internet, how come you havent said it when the guy is right there? The entire reason i made the "Hiding behind bushes" comment is because I find it funny. You were more than capable of saying "Hey, I think this car is hideous and thats why Im taking pictures of it, so i can laugh at it." You said they guy thought you were admiring it. LOL, you dont know how to speak up for yourself? If some guy thought you were admiring his ***, would you wink and smile and not say anything?

There are tons of cars that are "not my style" but that doesnt take away from the car at all. I look at the 800+HP signal auto skyline, and it has stickers and decals all over it. Is that ricey? Does it not fit into the same category as the GS, or is it now considered a sports car? Better yet, lets take the sports car approach someone mentioned earlier. The SC is a sports car, is it not? So if I were to paint either of my 2, would that be ricey? Vielside body kits are hideous looking IMHO opinion, but I dont create threads abotu how the owners of cars with those kits need to lose their license.

There are some things that I dont like about the car myself. I would love to see rims with a nice deep lip on it. I would have done more to the interior. But I respect him for actually modding his car properly. Its one thing not to like something, another to lead a rally. There is no "Modding GSs Handbook". But he loves the car. He loves it enough to buy quality equipment for it. He's cut no corners. House of Kolors paint over the **** mixed at Maaco. No cheesy Pyle equipment anywhere in the car. All Im saying is give credit where credit is due.

And I wouldnt really think that he would change his outlook based on how CL encourages people to mod. Ive been checking this board out for a while and my personal style is my personal style. I prefer it that way. Its called diversity. If 5 different tuners were placed in different parts of the world with no contact with CL, would all of their cars suck if it wasnt modded in the "Club Lexus" fashion/influence? A nice car is a nice car. No Burberry side skirts or waffle rims there.
Old 07-20-03, 09:19 PM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Frank, Im still trying to figure out how the fact that he has money to throw around hasanything to do with the topic of his car looking goor or bad? Who gives a damn how much money he has, the post was opinions on the style of his car, not how much money he has in it.
And besides maybe two lines, my post had next to nothing about how much money he has.
Old 07-20-03, 09:22 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Tell him to come to the next Atl meet and I will tell him how I feel about his car. Whats the big deal If I think its ugly then I will express that, on the internet or not.
Old 07-20-03, 09:26 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by FrnkPwrs
He loves it enough to buy quality equipment for it.
A knock off Crux kit is quality equipment?
Old 07-20-03, 09:38 PM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Woah woah woah. Excuse me. Im sorry. The kit kills the whole car, he might as burn the whole thing now. What the hell was he thinking? His kit isnt a real crux kit? Why go any further? Why put your money into the a high quality body kit thats an exact replica of the original when he couldnt find anyone at the time that carries the real one? I mean, when he bought the kit, the shop he went to was like, "This is what we can get" and he's like "Lemme get this one". He shouldve done his research! The kit was high quality, knoock off or no knock off. Hey, what other knock off parts does he have on there? Because, after the kit, everything is downhill right?
Old 07-20-03, 09:46 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

I am not trying to have a pissing contest here, but the reason for buying the "real deal" is so it fits right and doesnt have gaps where the kit meets the body. Look, this isnt gonna go anywhere but back and forth, people like it and people dont.Seriuosly though tell him to come to the next meet. I am sure yall are cool people, i just dont agree with your taste.Hey you probably wouldnt like my car either though.

P.S.- does you friend know about his competition?

Old 07-20-03, 09:54 PM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Really dont think he considers that car competition because i dont think he considers the z3 fenders and eyebrows threatening. The Lexani Krystals have been long gone and are jus taking up space in the garage. The car is gettin new paint and a body kit 100% custom fab. Then the audio is getting overhauled as well, but we're going to pick up a Impala for another one of his "projects" first.

Last edited by FrnkPwrs; 07-20-03 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-21-03, 04:56 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by FrnkPwrs
A nice car is a nice car. No Burberry side skirts or waffle rims there.
Now look at YOU, downing someone elses taste!! LOL

This is going nowhere (like my car when the tranny went), i'm off this island.
Old 07-21-03, 04:56 AM
LexFather

Default Welcome to Clublexus

The entire reason i made the "Hiding behind bushes" comment is because I find it funny. You were more than capable of saying "Hey, I think this car is hideous and thats why Im taking pictures of it, so i can laugh at it." You said they guy thought you were admiring it. LOL, you dont know how to speak up for yourself? If some guy thought you were admiring his ***, would you wink and smile and not say anything?
Dude, first off, no one was hiding behind the bushes. I could not get over there cause ya'll were in the valet section at Lenox. So I took a pic of where I could.

2nd, I hate the generalize but people with those kits and spinners and the such don't come to Meets. I've invited plenty, told em about the site, they may browse but never post and sure don't come to any of the meets I put together. So I really don't waste my time with em anymore.
The internet has made it so that everyone has a pair the size of boulders. But my point is, if your that bold enough to say it on the internet, how come you havent said it when the guy is right there?
Well my point is it's the internet and if you have to take this with a grain of salt. I've heard stuff about my car, big deal. It's the internet so it's expected. ESPECIALLY this day and age when anyone has a camera and the capabilities to post pics on the internet.

He works Monday through Friday
Thats why the guy works 16 hour days 6 days a week.
Which one is it?
Thats why magazines with national distribution continue to approach him about shoots
Cool, good for him.
There is no "Modding GSs Handbook
Yes there is. Guys like Bit, Manaray, GSINTENSIVE etc have posted many pics and write-ups on how to mod a GS correctly.

Old 07-21-03, 05:12 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“Which one is it?”

Laugh. Busted.

More 19 year old trust fun kids. Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but don’t lie and say your boy worked for it.

I love how everyone always brings up how much money they make and how many expensive watches they have. Rule #1, those who are truly wealthy, usually don’t talk about it. I have no idea what the whole different watch everyday thing has to do with the style of his car.

As far as would anyone else’s car on here win versus his ride in a contest, maybe, maybe not. I don’t think winning a car show proves how clean or classy your ride is, it often proves how outrageous your car is and how much custom work has been done.

Just because it has a ton of custom work and has won shows, doesn’t mean it is clean or classy. Hell with custom work I could put mini bar on the back of my trunk lid with flashing lights, doesn’t mean it looks good.

The body kit doesn’t have to be JDM, but at least buy the real deal. You’re talking about the kid having $10,000 watches and cheaping out on the kit.

Thanks for the funny thread

Last edited by jpa2400; 07-21-03 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-21-03, 05:50 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man i thought this thread was over when i went 2 sleep last night. than i get up this moring and wow. .if he had the money than he should have gotten the real kit and told the shop ,"no i want the real one" , but i figure mayb he didn't think anyone would notice. i just don't understand what how much money he makes has 2 do anything with this. i know many members who rn't "loaded" like u'r pal and wait till have save up the money and get the real kit. uh wait thats what i did. could have gotten mnay knock off kits but waited till i had the money and bought the real one. now thats not 2 say everyone likes it, but i do and thats what matters. again when my car was posted people gave thier opinions and not all were good, but its an opinion, its what this country is based on freedom of speech and have the right2 xpress u'r opinion. who's more upset here u or u'r pal. mayb he should come so we can xpress our opinion 2 him. i'm sure if he went 2 a meet , our members would say the same 2 him, .

and trance, that pic u posted,...... , just wrong....
Old 07-21-03, 05:54 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's with the fins on that blue GS.......I just FOUND NEMO....
Old 07-21-03, 06:22 AM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

all i want to say if he really has good system and all post pics of the rest so we can really see wat ur talking about also wat magazines are u talking about?

robert

Last edited by loonyrobert3; 07-21-03 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-21-03, 10:41 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default blah blah blah

i love fussing...lol...sell one of those watches and buy some real spinners. those davins are cheap compared to the watch. different strokes for differnt folks. its a lexus, so i am sure it would be welcomed @ any lexus meet. btw What line of business is your friend in.
Old 07-21-03, 11:57 AM
Two-Times
Rookie

Default Gold Bond

D*mn it FrnkPwrs, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME PUT AWAY THE BABYPOWDER AND SMACK YOU WITH SOME GOLD BOND (FOR THAT STINGING SENSATION). HAHAHAHAHA. Nah, but for real, people are entitled to their opinions and if they think it's ugly, they can say so. I think it's ugly, and I'll tell it to you, he, and whoever else he brings with him. It's just my opinion. I'll tell you or him if his girlfriend is ugly. It's just the way it is. I say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it...Fine!!! Anyway, as for my boy 1sicklex hiding behind bushes...Come on man, you don't really believe that. You know what??? If we tell him to his face that his car is ugly, then we'd probably have to whoop his A$$. Anyway, I'm not into whooping a 19 year old kids A$$, so tell him not to get wrong when someone expresses their opinion of his car. And as for you, you can respond all day long defending your boy, but the point remains that people will have their opinions and you and YOUR BOY will have to deal with it. And 1 more thing, why do people always reference how much money they have? Obviously, like another said, people that do that do not have as much as they lead on. And who cares about money anyway. Money is nothing. You can't take it with you when you die, and you can only buy things with it when you're alive. But money can only buy material things. Money can't buy happiness. You money referencing people need to get off your high horse and realize that having money (or thinking you have money) doesn't make you any better than the next man. Well enough of that. I have to get back to work. Holla.

Quick Reply: I got a pic of that YELLOW GS here in Atlanta