GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need help plzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 12:38 AM
moee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help plzzzzz

Hi every one,
I have a gs300 2004 with 2jzge engine on it. I know I’m not in the same zone but we have the same engine and I quiet lost of any hope to have any repairs for this matter or how to do it.
The car was running fine six month back with vacuum leak which I knew about earlier and the muffler full of sandy brown color and everyone is happy.
I had the following:
1. Vacuum leak in the system.
2. Hesitation when starting from zero or almost….anything below 1300 rpm sometimes not always.
3. Evap canister message from time to time.
4. Gear when shifting sometimes u feel someone is hitting from the back….and sometimes smooth as silk……pushing it or not.
Then the two oxygen sensor got spoiled one after the other and I didn’t fix then at that time for a lot of reasons. Black smoke started thick in the muffler.
I have recently changed the two of them with the same numbers of Toyota desno ones as earlier was kept, verified that part numbers matches and all.
Got massive improvement on the motion scale but still muffler is black. Reseted the whole car for a full day with battery terminals off and reconnect + let it take new reading from the car and my driving but still the same.
I have checked other threads for other people…every one gives %50 blame to air mass. So I decided to change it and got %25 extra powers out of the car but still the hesitation is there from time to time and the black muffler is still there.
I’ve done the following:
1. Car has done 181000miles.
2. Cat converter I have checked with IR reader and they are below 500F.
3. 40.000kms service was done 25000 kms ago.
4. New timing belt
5. New air filter.
6. New fuel filter.
7. Fuel injectors ultrasonically cleaned and checked.
8. New spark plugs after fuel injector cleaning….just like that.
9. New maf sensor.
10. Checked the tb sensors that all are in the acceptable range readings.
11. I’m making my smoke canister now to eliminate the vacuum leaks.
12. I will change the evap canister.
13. Recently the hesitation became physical temporary when the engine on idle and u push the pedal with gear on neutral it hesitate but it’s gone again and now only when gear is on drive.
14. Gear filter didn’t reach to service time yet
15. I changed the coil housing sockets which they used to be damaged and wiring are ok for coil and fuel injectors …no cracks or so fuel injectors housing sockets looked finer and good.
Plz I need serious help if someone had passed through this.
MOe

Last edited by moee; 12-28-15 at 12:42 AM. Reason: adding detials
Old 12-28-15, 04:37 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Moee,

First, Welcome to the forum and club.
Second, I know you say about your cat and pass the test, but what about the small cat on the " Y " Pipe?? Maybe is clogger.
Thier, also you say about the air leak, the hose after the MAF have maybe a little holr and that created a lot hesitation. This is the only thing that I can thinking about you issue. Good luck
Old 12-28-15, 05:48 AM
moee
Driver School Candidate

Dear Mcon,
Thanks alot bro for ur reply bro ur were the first and it made me really happy , I really appreciate it.
For the rubber housing after the maf sensor it's already been checked in pressure air under water and there was no leaks cause I don't have the smoke machine ready yet.
For the y pipe u have mentioned I quit don't understand where it is if u can give me more details or pictures plz I will be more then greatful.
Sincerely,
Moe
Old 12-28-15, 07:50 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

This the Y pipe that go after the ehaust manifold. At the bottom of the picture is a small catalytic. These catalytic also become clogged. Check that also.

All these pieces of honey and sand was what came out of the small catalytic when I remove the Y pipe. Chck that Y pipe and small cat. The engine run nice in 7, 8 , 9 rpm. But when you put the car in drive the rpm go higher and because that cat is clogger you get the hesitation. Keep the update pls.
Old 12-28-15, 10:34 AM
moee
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Dear Mcon,
Geezzz bro what on mother earth came out there ….. is it the catalic converter material or so …..Or what exactly and the muffler shown there is it urs or u bought as a replacement to the original one.
I will work on it tomorrow to check but wanted to ask some things:
1. Shell I remove the joint from after the y junction or before that.
2. Do I have to repeat this before the2 last exhaust or not.
3. If this material u have shown me is the catalic converter then it will come back again as long as the material is still there bro.
4. When I remove the join is it enough to push the car for a minute or two 7-8 rpm to clean or I have to remove the y join completely out and make it upside down to through the residues.
5. Does this procedure affect also the black smoke as well.
6. Do u have any knowhow from Ur experience or one of the guy’s u knew why I’m getting black smoke from the muffler.
7. See I’m afraid of carbon buildups……..and with what I’m facing I’m seriously having that.
8. I forgot to mention also I have navigation system in the car OEM, so I have the fuel consumption live……..it’s not as it used to be ………..meaning usually the reading has to be city side………..18mpg and highways 25mpg. I’m not getting these reading any more unless I press the reset button. Before no it was life work without me interfering.
Wish u could get me an answer…………….sorry for being long
Man surely ur car had some seriously stressed felling to show and now its relieved …….just kidding.
Ur really taught me something new about my car………thanks a lot bro…
Moe
Old 12-28-15, 05:17 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

moee,
Yessss.... was the material or residue from the last small cat on the Y pipe.
And to answer all your question in one. Go to your muffer shop and tell the guy that you want to may sure the small cat in your Y pipe ir mid pipe is clear and not clogger. That way you know if that small cat is good or clogger.
About your navagation system?? I never see that system working. So, I have not idea how that work. Sorry bro.

PS. The second picture is the Y pipe or Mid Pipe. That way you can see how you can loose the screews and nuts if you want to do it be you self and check the small cat. Good luck.
Old 12-28-15, 05:55 PM
moee
Driver School Candidate

mcon
ok I have checked some of the pictures on the net regarding this matter . this cat I didn't check cause its under the car..............let me see if I can do something about it.
can I get back to u if I need to do so. I don't know how I will do it but its gonaa be messy.
once again thanks bro, sincerely

MOe
Old 01-12-16, 12:26 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

moee,

Do you found the problem with your cat?
Old 01-14-16, 10:56 AM
LentoGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moee, there are several cats on a 2nd gen GS300 which include one on the header and then into the exhaust system. I need a better description of the smoke, when does it happen as in only at low RPMs or on cold start up, etc.
Old 01-18-16, 07:06 PM
moee
Driver School Candidate

Hi lento,
First of all thanks a lot for the reply and my apologies for the later reply, see there is no black smoke if this is what you mean but as I have mentioned earlier the tail pipe was sandy and shiny, then black, and after changing the parts remained black again but I have gotten improvement in the output but:
1. The hiccup reduced a lot and now its minor burping if u you’ll excuse my language which is laziness to kick down sometimes.
2. The tail pipe is still black.
3. The proof of right condition is, the trip info in my navi shows the fuel consumption. The readings are not as it used to be. Much less and when changing figures it’s slow.
4. I have checked the upper cat their super clean…..I used my snake microscopic camera for that.
5. I don’t know if there are more cats in the system or not.
6. I was checking around and I have a hunch and Plz correct me if I’m wrong that the afr sensors might have some damages or started to ruin out. See the system doesn’t diagnose a lazy or a faulty afr or o2 sensors. But it diagnose them as bad ones when the heaters are dead……..but reading are right or wrong ……….it doesn’t recognize but its mean to react only…………Plz correct me if I’m wrong.
7. How many cats in the systems Plz if u can guide me.
8. How to test an afr sensor.
9. Also out of the issue do u know anyone who have removed the evap canister. Its located above the differential gear box and its dirty just to look at. Is there any way to open it but without removing the differential gear box or so. Plz advice……
Once again thanks bro for the reading……..u really helped me a lot by Ur respond.
Moe
Old 01-18-16, 07:12 PM
moee
Driver School Candidate

Hi Mcon,
Nice to hear from u again.
I have checked the upper cat their super clean…..I used my snake microscopic camera for that.
1. I don’t know if there are more cats in the system or not and how many
2. I’m sorry but I was dam busy.
3. I was checking around and I have a hunch and Plz correct me if I’m wrong that the afr sensors might have some damages or started to ruin out. See the system doesn’t diagnose a lazy or a faulty afr or o2 sensors. But it diagnose them as bad ones when the heaters are dead……..but reading are right or wrong ……….it doesn’t recognize but its meant to react only…………Plz correct me if I’m wrong.
4. How many cats in the systems Plz if u can guide me.
5. How to test an afr sensor.
6. Also out of the issue do u know anyone who have removed the evap canister before bro. Its located above the differential gear box and its dirty just to look at. Is there any way to open it but without removing the differential gear box or so. Plz advice……
I really appreciate ur consideration
Moe
Old 01-19-16, 02:27 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It might be air leaking in to the intake after the Mass airflow sensor, maybe the intake tubing or intake manifold gasket. You can check by spraying water or carb cleaner around the intake area to see if it will run different and if it does there is your leak.
Old 01-19-16, 02:28 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Also make sure you go oem with that mass air flow sensor. It also doesn't hurt to change out the pre cat 02 sensors and use denso sensors.
Old 01-19-16, 12:02 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by isfdude
It might be air leaking in to the intake after the Mass airflow sensor, maybe the intake tubing or intake manifold gasket. You can check by spraying water or carb cleaner around the intake area to see if it will run different and if it does there is your leak.
isfdude,

I agree with you on the tubing or manifold gasket leak. But not with spray water on the intake tubing . No bueno at all. If you can take out the intake plastic tubing out and check out side, yessss. You can check that way for a leak or gap.