GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-03, 02:41 PM
EterNaLx88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L tuned?

Hey im new in this forum. I currently drive an 2002 GS300 and was wonderin if there is actually a L-Tuned kit for it. I know that there is an L Tuned IS300 but is there one for the GS too? Im new in this lexus thing so help would be much appreciated. It would be great if you guys can include a picture too.
Old 04-20-03, 02:58 PM
tommie
Driver

YES!!!!! thw L tuned products can be purchased for the GS and you can get them for very good prices from carson toyota they're a CL vendor .www.ltuned.com or www.parts@carsontoyota.com
Old 04-20-03, 03:05 PM
kuruption213
Pole Position

EterNal, definitely get it, the difference is night and day. you don't lose much comfort and the handling is drastically improved. it drives much better esepecially with 18s on. check steve at carson toyota he has the best prices, also since you are in maryland, take it to SRT for the install. they did a great job spending alot of time with it and they have done it before unlike many of the lex dealers in our area who haven't even heard of l-tuned.
Old 04-20-03, 03:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally posted by tommie
YES!!!!! thw L tuned products can be purchased for the GS and you can get them for very good prices from carson toyota they're a CL vendor .www.ltuned.com or www.parts@carsontoyota.com
This is the link for Carson's L-Tuned parts page:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com
Old 04-20-03, 03:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!

Just to clarify... there are a number of L-tuned parts for the GS, mainly suspension and bodykit (grill and side skirts) not sure which you are looking for.

You can see all the parts on www.ltuned.com. I've got the L-tuned aero kit on my black GS.

Several vendors offer these items from sale, I got mine from Steve Ganz (Carson Toyota) at www.l-tunedparts.com

Here's a picture of mine. Note that the lip spoiler is not L-tuned, it's made by a company called TTE.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-20-03 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-20-03, 05:55 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Welcome!! And definitely L-Tune your suspension regardless. Comfort is not compromised (and to me, in some ways, improved since the body no longer seems to wobble around on top of the suspension), cornering more sure and steering feel markedly improved. No down side and best bang for the buck available. See the official L-Tuned website for descriptions and some artsyfartsy graphics. Then get the parts from Steve Ganz (warrrantied by Lexus, btw) and, if you get them installed at a Lexus dealer, the installation is also warrantied!!

Do it soon!!
Old 04-20-03, 06:42 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

You don't have to get the parts from Steve Ganz; you can order them directly from your dealer. As mooretorque mentioned, if you get them installed there then they are covered under the factory warranty. Good luck in your decision!
Old 04-21-03, 02:59 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

Thanks, Iceman! I should have mentioned that L-Tuned is available through the dealer, but that Steve is about 10% less than the listed retail price.
Old 04-21-03, 09:29 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mooretorque
Thanks, Iceman! I should have mentioned that L-Tuned is available through the dealer, but that Steve is about 10% less than the listed retail price.
I must agree. Most dealers will overcharge you compared to Steve's great prices!

-Anthony
Old 04-21-03, 11:34 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Do Steve's prices include shipping to your dealer for installation? I'd hate to see someone save 10% on the parts and then pay way more than that for delivery!
Old 04-21-03, 12:36 PM
kjhouston
Rookie

Default more questions about l tuned

I'm not interested in the skirts but what about the springs and shocks? Are the l tuned springs like a tein spring where I can lower my car to minimize the wheel gap? Would you recommend this mod over getting daizen sways?
Old 04-21-03, 12:52 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

Are the l tuned springs like a tein spring where I can lower my car to minimize the wheel gap?
No, they are just shorter, stiffer springs. You are thinking of Tein coilover suspensions, which are adjustable.

Would you recommend this mod over getting daizen sways?
Yes. Sways will help you corner flatter but will do much less to suppress the pogoing effect of the stock suspension when confronted with ANY elevation change. But then, I'd ALSO get the sways!! (And mine are in route!!)
Old 04-21-03, 01:25 PM
LexFather

L-tuned is strongly recommended from everyone. Cost effective and does wonders to the car.
Old 04-21-03, 02:09 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Iceman
You don't have to get the parts from Steve Ganz; you can order them directly from your dealer.
I'd say a good percentage of dealers have no idea what LTuned even is, especially now that they are no longer in existence. Isn't that right?
Old 04-21-03, 03:08 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw lsportline rims being sold.. with tires, over 7G @ the dealer show room!!!

Quick Reply: L tuned?