GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New pics of my GS with the VS Executive Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-03, 08:56 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New pics of my GS with the VS Executive Kit

I just got my car out of the shop from getting the front fenders and hood painted(rock chips), and had my Veilside Executive kit put on. I switched from the WIN kit to the VS, i wanted a kit that didnt sit as low and had some smoother lines. I still need to put the chrome bumper strips on the car, and on the side where the skirts need it. Im debating on putting on the chrome, or taking off the chrome on the side of the car and changing it all to black.

I really cant get a feel for the kit until I get my wheels back on, hopefully at the end of the week. But I can say that this kit fit better than any kit that I have ever had experience with, no fitment issues whatsoever.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...medium&thecat=

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...t=1&thecat=501

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...t=1&thecat=501

That last pic looks a little funny on the side of the rear bumper, its just a shadow, not a defect in the kit.
Old 04-21-03, 09:10 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Lines look good ,nice look.
Old 04-21-03, 09:16 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Looks very nice!

I've seen the banner ads for it here on CL and couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Now you've got me seriously thinking about whether I should "de-cloak" my sleeper or not.

BTW: Leave the chrome off, it looks sweet without it.
Old 04-21-03, 09:17 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Very nice!

-Anthony
Old 04-21-03, 10:53 PM
LeXGs43Rx3
Driver

Default siccck ride

If you look at my post count, you can see I don't post much, but have been here for a while. I must say you probably have my favorite GS on this board. I love the new kit, sick rims, system, black, and everything.....daaamn. Hmmm any chance of you wanting to get rid of this car about a year from now? heh, I'll be purchasing my first car around then.
Old 04-22-03, 12:45 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet. One of my favorite kits. Did you have to do any adjustments to the exhaust?
Old 04-22-03, 07:24 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

LeXGs43Rx3, Thanks for the compliments, and by the way, everything is for sale for the right price!

BTW: Leave the chrome off, it looks sweet without it.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think if I take the factory chrome off of the sides it might look funny with nothing there, just a little groove empty. I have been looking for a black side molding that is made out of a hard black plastic, one that I dont need to armor all to make look "black". I found a black rubber one, but its a finish that I would need to stay on top of, and it would be a bit*h to have to clean that one little strip all the time. I do like the clean look of all black though.

Sweet. One of my favorite kits. Did you have to do any adjustments to the exhaust?
No exhuast modifications, the tips fit perfectly into the cut outs in the bumper. I will post another pic in the gallery of the rear shot. I have the RMM exhaust, its an older version, I think the tips are bigger than the current RMM system. This is one advantage over the WIN kit that I had. The WIN kit had the big cut outs for the dual tips, and I really didnt want to start cutting up my exhaust to make it work.

Thanks for all of the compliments. It took me awhile to decide to go with this kit, it had to grow on me, but Im happy with the results. I just need my damn wheels on the car now!!!!!!! Im waiting for my new tires to get here, that were supposed to be here last week!!
Old 04-22-03, 07:29 AM
emerald25
Driver

Nice kit! I love the front bumper, looks smooth. btw I remember reading a post, and seeing a pic of someone blacking out their chrome strip. Might want to find that guy and see how he did it.
Old 04-22-03, 08:01 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Thanks emerald, I will do a search and see what I can find. I remember reading a post of a guy selling his black lex with all of the window chrome, etc. blacked out.
Old 04-22-03, 08:22 AM
cong28
Lead Lap

You finally have it on...congrats! Looking very nice Need those 20's on asap!!! j/k

Last edited by cong28; 04-22-03 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-22-03, 11:10 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome dude.
I love this kit. Please post pics when you have the wheels on.
Old 04-22-03, 11:15 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

i HATE the fact that you can have 17s and a drop on a 2nd Gen GS and they still look nice! Add to that a kit, and the wheels STILL dont look TOO bad! Put a kit and some 17s on a 1st Gen and see what you get.

Car looks clean BTW
Old 04-22-03, 03:04 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Yeah Cong, it aint lookin as good as yours yet my man! I need to get my shoes on her asap!!!

I also need to find some mesh to put in the front end. Im trying to find something that matches my grill, but I might end up changing the mesh in the grill to match whatever I find for the front end.

Shes getting there. I spent the entire day trrying to get my system back in the trunk. I had to take out all of the ***** I paid to have done three months ago just to get the bumper on. Now its like a freakin puzzle getting it back in.

Monitors should be in the headrests next week sometime. Then I think I will just enjoy it for a few minutes after that.
Old 04-22-03, 06:33 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Jeff,

OISHII DESU!!!

You're way ahead of me but rest assured I will put your "old" WIN kit to good use. just need the wheels...
Old 04-22-03, 08:02 PM
LeXGs43Rx3
Driver

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
LeXGs43Rx3, Thanks for the compliments, and by the way, everything is for sale for the right price!

Heh, hopefull you will still have your car exactly a year from now....b/c I think you'll have a buyer 100%.

Quick Reply: New pics of my GS with the VS Executive Kit