GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Roof Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-03, 08:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

close up of l-sportline roof spoiler from gs4fun's car
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler-window-spoiler.jpg  
Old 04-25-03, 08:58 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

close up of ugo's roof spoiler from sypher's car( hope its ok) u c the ugo goes on the roof where as the l-sportline goes on the back window.
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler-ugo-side.jpg  
Old 04-25-03, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i know lsportline is about 250 market price.

another thing you might consider. lsportline you stick it to the glass window, but ugo you stil it to the roof. imagine if you wanna pull it off and sell it, i bet lsportline is easier
Old 04-25-03, 09:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
well i know lsportline is about 250 market price.

another thing you might consider. lsportline you stick it to the glass window, but ugo you stil it to the roof. imagine if you wanna pull it off and sell it, i bet lsportline is easier
dam rominl thats a great point! but i reallt liked the sportline better its just angel from carson toyota worried me with what he said about the sportline not fitting right, i'll go with the sportline. thanx guys
Old 04-25-03, 01:01 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the UGO is just more expensive for what it is just i don't see the value really. the CF is nice for those who really like CF, but i think it'll only work with a black car. so i go with rominl here, it should be body color for something that large
Old 04-25-03, 02:41 PM
woodyaht
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Henry, Is the best place to buy the L-Sportline, Carson Toyota? The cheapest I've seen it doing a web search was $285. If you know any where cheaper let me know.
Much rather have it on the glass than the body.
Old 04-25-03, 03:02 PM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

I just got the UGO spoiler from Carson Toyota. I did not get the carbon fiber one though. I got the paintable kind and had it painted black. It looks awesome. The only downside is that it does get stuck to the body. Yes it was a bit more expensive but I think that the look just can't be touched. That's just my $.02. Good luck with what ever you decide to put on. They both make the car look very unique. By the way, if you decide on the L-sporline one, check on e-bay. I saw a few people there a couple of times selling them for about $160. Don't know if they are still there or not but they were there for while.
Old 04-25-03, 03:15 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Wink To think about

I have seen both the L-sportline rear window spoiler & regular UGO roof side by side on the GS.
Then you will understand why many people here have decided to go with the UGO roof spoiler instead.
If you get to see em in person next to each other. For styling purposes it is clearly UGO all the way.
Just my opinion bro. UGO rocks. I had a regular L-sportline & sold it & got UGO. I then traded it with HOTLEX400 for his CF UGO roof spoiler.

Paul
Old 04-25-03, 03:17 PM
woodyaht
Driver

The one selling on Ebay that says L-sportline in the title and not on the description is a fake. I e-mailed one of the buyers and he said don't buy, it's a piece of junk..................
The is another guy that has sold a few used ones and I let the last one go as it started getting to high, over $200 might as well buy a new one so you what you have....................
Old 04-25-03, 06:03 PM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

Originally posted by woodyaht
The one selling on Ebay that says L-sportline in the title and not on the description is a fake. I e-mailed one of the buyers and he said don't buy, it's a piece of junk..................
The is another guy that has sold a few used ones and I let the last one go as it started getting to high, over $200 might as well buy a new one so you what you have....................
Right on. I hear ya. I remember there was a guy that was selling a used one and he had pictures and everything and his opening bid was $160 and I think he ended up selling it for like $165 or $170.
Old 04-25-03, 06:50 PM
Leonardo
Driver

I will get the UGO and TRD grill as I'm not to fund of the L-Sportline.

Calling them tomorrow (if they open)

Old 04-25-03, 07:02 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

I choose Lsportline for the following reasons:

1. Lsportline is easy to take off, with good works the gap is minimal.

2. Lsportline roof spoiler goes perfect with the lsportline rear bumper (which the rear extands about 1.5~2''inch compared to stock rear bumper, so you need the roof extention to make the kit looks complete.

3. Cheaper and Pu, durable and paint doesn't come off easily.

so, there you have it.
Old 04-25-03, 08:47 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From those pics I like the UGO one better. It looks a little mroe agressive than the L Sprtline one.
Old 04-25-03, 09:14 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

to each's own....I have the L-sportline and I like it for its sleekness...I also like the UGO for the aggressive look...but if you don't have the maony to spend on the UGO....go witht the L-sportline....either way...you won't go wrong!!!

Old 04-25-03, 09:19 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I agree. I dont think there is that much a difference, from the pics at least. Im sure you would be happy with either once you have it on the car.

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler