GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Updated PIcs: VS Excecutive kit with HRE's

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03 | 09:12 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, 30 grand for a TT set up is way too much for a car that I paid mid 30's for to begin with.

The fitment on the Veilside kit was the best that I have ever seen, and I have delt with alot of kits in my days. There was absolutely no fitment issues whatsoever, just the normal prep and paint. I fitted the stuff on the car before I took it to the body shop. It was so good, I just had them prep and paint, and I installed them myself. I would definitely recommend it.

I would recommend the Flex also. I sold my first set of Flex thinking of going with the CS, slightly more comfort, but I ended up buying another set of FLex instead(dumb move, sold a set of Flex just to replace them with a set of Flex, wasted my $$). The FLex go as low as you would ever need, and they adjust to be pretty comfortable.
Old 04-30-03 | 04:37 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I would recommend the Flex also. I sold my first set of Flex thinking of going with the CS, slightly more comfort, but I ended up buying another set of FLex instead(dumb move, sold a set of Flex just to replace them with a set of Flex, wasted my $$). The FLex go as low as you would ever need, and they adjust to be pretty comfortable.
How much dollars for a Tein Flex setup? Is the comfort level easily adjustable? What about the fender gap? Is that easily adjustable too? (meaning by yourself)
Old 04-30-03 | 07:50 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Hameed, I think I paid $1325 shipped from the guys at Carson Toyota, I might be off a few bucks, but thats roughly what it was. They are easily adjustable. The dampening is adjusted by a **** on the top of the struts, or you can get the EDFC(which I had with my 1st set of Teins, I sold it with them), this is an electronic device mounted in your car, that allows you to adjust the dampening on the fly. The EDFC is a pretty cool thing to have, makes it alot easier on the rears if you have a custom stereo build up in the trunk like I do.

The height adjustments is as easy as it is with any coilover system. You just need to take off the wheels,and use two wrenches to adjust to the appropriate height. Its all pretty basic stuff.
Old 04-30-03 | 08:01 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hameed, I think I paid $1325 shipped from the guys at Carson Toyota, I might be off a few bucks, but thats roughly what it was. They are easily adjustable. The dampening is adjusted by a **** on the top of the struts, or you can get the EDFC(which I had with my 1st set of Teins, I sold it with them), this is an electronic device mounted in your car, that allows you to adjust the dampening on the fly. The EDFC is a pretty cool thing to have, makes it alot easier on the rears if you have a custom stereo build up in the trunk like I do.

The height adjustments is as easy as it is with any coilover system. You just need to take off the wheels,and use two wrenches to adjust to the appropriate height. Its all pretty basic stuff.
Thanks for the info! I went the conservative route with the L-tuned setup, but the inch gap in the fender bothers me more than I care to admit and now I wish I had gotten Tein Flex coilovers........

Anyway, I will just chill on doing any more mods till next year ..... Gotta pay off the car first!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-30-03 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-30-03 | 08:46 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I hear ya! I say that all the time, but somehow I always end up buying something else, its an addiction!

Hello, my name is TTurboPimp, and I am an addict!!

I bought my car with the Eibach/Bilstein set up on it, same thing here, that 1" gap was irritating me. Now I only have a one finger gap, and thats bothering me.
Old 04-30-03 | 08:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I hear ya! I say that all the time, but somehow I always end up buying something else, its an addiction!

Hello, my name is TTurboPimp, and I am an addict!!

I bought my car with the Eibach/Bilstein set up on it, same thing here, that 1" gap was irritating me. Now I only have a one finger gap, and thats bothering me.
This addiction problem - I think I need medical help. When I bought my GS 5 months ago, I was so much in awe of the 300HP number and I never dreamt that one day I would actually consider getting the car supercharged. But believe it or not, I want more HP now. I am not saying that 300HP is not enough for this car - it is actually more than enough.

I just want more horses - completely illogical, but I want more....................... Power is intoxicating and you never seem to have enough of it. What kind of 0 - 60 and quarter mile times was your 800 rwhp Supra doing? I cannot even begin to imagine what that kind of power feels like. A friend of mine has a 67 Pontiac GTO with a complete custom engine (did it himself) and he has dynoed it at 600 HP and that car feels absolutely unbelieavable on launch. Your heart stops beating from the jet like propulsion forwards.

Imagine that in a GS400 ------------ I am getting a woody thinking about this.

Last edited by Hameed; 04-30-03 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-30-03 | 10:05 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

The Supra was absolutley sick!! Not too many cars out there could hang with it. It was the kind of power that was just plain scary at times. I could literally be going down a highway at highway speeds, punch it, and the back end would kick out. I changed it from the TT's to a Greddy single, T88H, huge turbo. It lagged a little, but when it hit, it hit! I never had a chance to run it due to the fact I had it in the shop almost the entire time I had it, new paint, new turbo, feul system, etc, etc, etc, etc......... I had a guy fly down from Wisconsin to buy it almost immediately after I completed it. Ididnt want to sell it, but I just couldnt pass the kind of money up that I was offered(mid 40's for a 94 Supra, not bad at all). It should have had no problem being a 10 second car.
Old 04-30-03 | 04:18 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TT , your car is unreal ! You gotta let me see it when you come up to Carlisle. By the way sell me those 17's ! lol