GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Power Folding Mirror switch Bezel part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-16, 06:47 PM
AmanO
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ericherm1
? I'm only doing the folding mirrors. I'm not doing the LED signal mirror covers.

But, if I did I would run them straight to the signal wires off the steering column turn signal switch. It's safer to keep the wires in the cabin than running them through the firewall up to a signal wire.
I asked because in your pics of the car exterior, I could not tell if they were wired that way.
You have a pic of them and the mirrors, and the mirrors and the front turns. You did not show all 3 on at the same time.
Old 05-22-16, 07:16 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys,

I have a question for all of you. When you install the Japaneses mirrors, are you use the Japaneses glass or are you use the OEM who brought the car?? I ask this question, because I did not want to lose all the futures on my OEM mirrors as the head, memorie, ect., ect., ect.. My GS 2005 brought all these futures from factory and I do not want to lose anything. Also, succeed in making all these functions work in my OEM mirrors. So again, I managed to do this only on my own and I do work all my OEM mirrors futures without having to stop using any of them or Leaving any wires cut inside the door. Long time after I install the system, I saw on this forum on other thread, that other members had poor or bad visibility with the Japanese mirrors. The reason of that is, because the glass of Japanese mirrors have a different angle on the glass, since in Japan driving on the right side and I did not know that. Correction, What I mean is, the angle of the glass and not on the side where the Japan people drive. LOL

That makes a lot of sense, that the Japan glass have a different angle. I glad that I use my OEM mirrors on the power folding system with not lose any future on it. Is one of the things that I feel very, very proud to have achieved myself.

Eventually and ultimately, as human beings we are. We are the ones who will enjoy to use those power folding mirrors in our vehicles. Because they cost a lot of money, ( now they are cheaper on ebay, yahoo japan, Amazon ) installation time, search parts and have done better the way we believed that is the right way to use and enjoy those power folding mirrors. As I said earlier, which is the most important to everyone. GOD Bless America.

Last edited by Mcon; 05-23-16 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-22-16, 07:35 PM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AmanO
I asked because in your pics of the car exterior, I could not tell if they were wired that way.
You have a pic of them and the mirrors, and the mirrors and the front turns. You did not show all 3 on at the same time.
Aman,

I send you a pm
Old 05-29-16, 08:50 PM
ericherm1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATED... HONDA relay method works like a charm. See first page for complete setup and instructions.
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (06-24-24)
Old 06-10-16, 10:15 AM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm in Taiwan and have an oem switch on hand. just not the bezel in black. it's in tan.
The motors are just like door actuator motors, you can disassemble them and replace it with one of same spec.
Most of the problems we see with these are the fact that they over extend pass the full open position after opening and shutting the door a few times. You could just fold them in real quick to get them back in position.
I actually have a spare set of white ones for sale since a FB group member had already found some by the time I pulled this set.
I have another set with just the motor portion, no painted cover area. I'll gut them over the weekend to see the internals and advise on what motor is used if service is needed.
Old 06-10-16, 10:45 AM
ericherm1
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TW99GS300
I'm in Taiwan and have an oem switch on hand. just not the bezel in black. it's in tan.
The motors are just like door actuator motors, you can disassemble them and replace it with one of same spec.
Most of the problems we see with these are the fact that they over extend pass the full open position after opening and shutting the door a few times. You could just fold them in real quick to get them back in position.
I actually have a spare set of white ones for sale since a FB group member had already found some by the time I pulled this set.
I have another set with just the motor portion, no painted cover area. I'll gut them over the weekend to see the internals and advise on what motor is used if service is needed.
That would be awesome. Knowing what motor to use could save hundreds.
Old 07-13-16, 11:03 AM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Sorry been busy with other projects. Will post pics of the motor when I have a moment to breathe. Thanks.
Old 11-27-16, 07:25 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

The next question is:

Does anyone know where and who can obtain these parts?

So let me answer my own question: I ordered part #8487050280E0 from Lexus South Atlanta and found out it was the last one in the US. Lucky me. Anyhow I just came today just after I finished installing my JDM mirror motors.

The mirrors I removed the motor and reinstalled them in my US spec mirrors. I did have to cut and re solder the mirror adjustment motor and the defog and dim harness. Other than that the next step is to run wires through the doors to the mirror switch location. I plan on using the Honda folding mirror relay box as another member did.

Here are the pics of the OEM Left Hand Drive switch I ordered:

I have access to those locally. OEM option for LHD
Old 03-21-18, 10:10 PM
Tuanville
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

If you want to use relays and have them auto fold and unfold when you turn on/off the car and be able to use the OEM button while the car is on use this schematic:

So when It says "tap mirror position switch" what are they referring to? the switch that controls the mirror tilting? I don't have a WHITE/GREEN wire on my switch. From bottom up, I have a green, white/black, brown/black, purple, white wire only.
Old 04-02-18, 06:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

So let me answer my own question: I ordered part #8487050280E0 from Lexus South Atlanta and found out it was the last one in the US. Lucky me. Anyhow I just came today just after I finished installing my JDM mirror motors.
just a heads up, anyone ordering a black one your part # would be 8487050280C0
Old 06-20-24, 08:09 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

That's what I did for the mirrors and the OEM switch. Now I need the OEM switch plate because JDM switch plate is meant for RHD models. The RHD models have the e-brake on the left side of the steering wheel.

So I found the Lexus of Atlanta had 1 bezel left. It was quite pricey but I'm going for the OEM stock look with the switch. I pondered doing what others have and cut the JDM one and mold it into the coin holder part but if there is an easier way and looks more OEM then I'll go for that when it comes to electronics.

I guess I'm just a sucker for all matching equipment,... well besides head unit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the interest of keeping important stuff up front and not having to dig through threads here is what I have found that works.

Here is the US door harness with the JDM mirror folding motor wires plugged in:

So I used a Honda Power Folding Mirror Relay and it works.

If you want to use relays and have them auto fold and unfold when you turn on/off the car and be able to use the OEM button while the car is on use this schematic:

I mounted the relay on the top bolt for the parking brake assembly and used the brass bolt just across from it for my ground as you can see in this picture:

The box with the blue plastic is the Honda OEM relay. Once wired exactly as I showed you in the schematic it worked like a charm. I suspect the OEM power folding mirrors only require one push of the button but because of the route I chose it requires two presses. No big deal for me and I get to use the OEM switch and bezel..woo hoo.

Here is a little video of them working:

JZS160 Power Folding Mirrors - YouTube

A Pic of the new Taiwan LHD switch bezel installed:

HONDA RELAY METHOD WORKS!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STANDARD RELAY METHOD REQUIRES 15 SEC TIMED RELAYS IN ADDITION TO WHAT IS BELOW.
***USE STANDARD RELAYS AT YOUR OWN RISK*** I would figure out how to insert a timed relay on the mirror wires for maybe 5 sec or risk burning up your motors.

I borrowed it (and much thanks to george type-s) from the Honda guys over at JDM Rides : http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/diy-pow...-t123121.html?

A few pic's of the relay's wired up and then wrapped.

Wonderful thread! I am going to be attempting to retro fit JDM power folding mirror motors on our USDM Ct200h. This thread and another one that I found have proved to be wonderful information.

My main question is on the wiring that is posted.

You have 3 wires going to the on/off switch. Then to the left you have accessory going to the switch? Are we taking all three wires and making it into 1, then attaching the 3 combined wires (with one lead) to one of the posts on the on/off switch? What is the actual accessory that is being attached to the other on/off switch terminal post? IE: Is it 12v accessory wire? That's the part I am confused about. How are the mirrors working with the switch?

I think that's the only part I am hung up on and confused about.

Thanks much,
-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 06-20-24 at 10:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dwoods801 (06-20-24)
Old 06-20-24, 08:48 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
Wonderful thread! I am going to be attempting to retro fit JDM power folding mirror motors on our USDM Ct200h. This thread and another one that I found have proved to be wonderful information.

My main question is on the wiring that is posted.

You have 3 wires going to the on/off switch. Then to the left you have accessory going to the switch? Are we taking all three wires and making it into 1, then attaching the 3 combined wires (with one lead) to one of the posts on the on/off switch? What is the actual accessory that is being attached to the other on/off switch terminal post? IE: Is it 12v accessory wire? That's the part I am confused about. How are the mirrors working with the switch?

I think that's the only part I am hung up on and confused about.

Thanks much,
-Nigel
The wiring diagram and photos are all for a 2nd generation GS. So it seems unlikely that any of the info in this forum is going to be very helpful for adding power folding mirrors to a CT200h.
I am not certain, but it seems you’ll find the Forum for your specific vehicle will be much more helpful than this old post.
Old 06-20-24, 10:06 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoods801
The wiring diagram and photos are all for a 2nd generation GS. So it seems unlikely that any of the info in this forum is going to be very helpful for adding power folding mirrors to a CT200h.
I am not certain, but it seems you’ll find the Forum for your specific vehicle will be much more helpful than this old post.
Someone actually used the wiring that was used here for their IS. I believe it was a 2018 model and it worked and they also used the same three relay method same wiring for the RSX and it also works which is good.
There's absolutely no information on any CT group about adding power folding mirrors. And most of the forums / threads about the CT are dead..lol. This is a platform that most people don't even touch. So actually this thread alone has gotten about 50% of the way of adding power folding mirrors. And what I did not realize is the gentleman that retrofitted the power folding mirrors on his IS we completely disassembled a mirror component and just take the motor and it bolts right up to the USDM mirror housing.

I did get clarity from the person that used the wiring posted in this thread. The three wires merge into one and attach to one of the legs of the on/off switch. The other leg of the unoff switch is going to be used for the 12 volt accessory / 12 volt switch power.

So from this thread and George's other thread that he made I think I'm going to be about 98% able to do power folding mirrors on the CT.

I've been wanting to do power folding mirrors now for years so I guess we'll find out here shortly.

I did actually receive my JDM mirrors from Yahoo auctions today in all three of them do fold in and out so I just have to do some wiring that's listed in this thread, and test again here over the weekend.

W00t w00t!

-Nigel
The following 2 users liked this post by nigel821:
dwoods801 (06-20-24), firelizard (06-21-24)
Old 06-20-24, 10:13 PM
dwoods801
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 209 Posts

That’s cool you were able to find this info then. If it works out for your vehicle, you should take some pictures of your work, and do a good DIY write up so that they can be included in the CT forums. And other owners will be able to find this info a little easier. 👍👍