GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Stock black interior - how would a wood upgrade kit on the dash look?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03, 04:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Stock black interior - how would a wood upgrade kit on the dash look?

Anyone here done the wood kit upgrade to a black interior GS? I sat in my friend's Acura 3.2TL yesterday and that car looked (because of the wood kit - not sure if it is fake or real wood) less sober and boring than the all black interior of mine. Mine just has the factory wood along the sides of the transmission tunnel and on the doors. His had the wood on the center console and in a couple of other places and I thought to myself - hmmm....................

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone have some pics I can see?

Did some searches on Google and came accross this http://www.wooddashfactory.com/pages...o=FAT2-GS30098

Anyone here have recomendations on where to buy a good wood kit from?

Last edited by Hameed; 05-06-03 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 06:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I just found the answer to my question here
http://www.exoticwooddash.com/wd226.htm

The searches for wood kit on CL returned better results than the same search on google.

Anyone have experience buying from this company? Let me know if there is a better place to buy this stuff from.

Last edited by Hameed; 05-06-03 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-06-03, 11:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

I've heard good things about exoticwooddash and I've seen a wood kit on a black interior GS and it looked great to me.
Old 05-06-03, 12:02 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bitkahuna
I've heard good things about exoticwooddash and I've seen a wood kit on a black interior GS and it looked great to me.
Thanks Paul! I guess I know what my next upgrade will be now...............
Old 05-06-03, 12:14 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hameed: Not sure what type of stereo you have, but another CL member is selling a new wood kit for GS's w/ the Pioneer radio https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=82462

Personally, I think the kit has TOO much wood. I don't really care for the piece that covers the speedometer. I'd recommend ordering the newer style instrument cluster instead. But overall the kit should look nice.
Old 05-06-03, 12:17 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by INHOCJP
Hameed: Not sure what type of stereo you have, but another CL member is selling a new wood kit for GS's w/ the Pioneer radio https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=82462

Personally, I think the kit has TOO much wood. I don't really care for the piece that covers the speedometer. I'd recommend ordering the newer style instrument cluster instead. But overall the kit should look nice.
Mine has the Nakamichi stereo and yes, I just want to cover the center console, nothing else. I think anything else will be overdoing it.
Old 05-06-03, 12:51 PM
LexFather

Default Acura TL has fake wood.

KayGee's dash kit.
Attached Thumbnails Stock black interior - how would a wood upgrade kit on the dash look?-hennessy-meet-in-may-0056small.jpg  
Old 05-06-03, 12:54 PM
LexFather

I've got trim pieces on my AC vents on both sides as well as around the shifter. I did not want too much wood.
Old 05-06-03, 12:58 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I've got trim pieces on my AC vents on both sides as well as around the shifter. I did not want too much wood.
Thanks for that pic. Yes, I just want to do what you did - the center console, around the shifter and possibly the ac/vents.

I guess exoticwooddash.com will be getting my business.......
Old 05-06-03, 01:47 PM
RI-GS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Wood dash kit

Ever looked into the black and gray marble kit? That would look Bad A$$ on the black leather interior. My Boy'z Acura TLS has it. .http://www.veneerz.com/dash_kit_styles.php

Just a Thought...

Last edited by RI-GS4; 05-06-03 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-06-03, 02:34 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wood dash kit

Originally posted by RI-GS4
Ever looked into the black and gray marble kit? That would look Bad A$$ on the black leather interior. My Boy'z Acura TLS has it. .http://www.veneerz.com/dash_kit_styles.php

Just a Thought...
The "Blackwood" kit that comes on the new SDs is pure dope. I'd love it, expecially on the ivory (beige) interior, but if I remember correctly, the kit from Lexus is about $1K, and I am reluctant pto purchase anyrthing else for the fear if it looking cheap.

From their FAQ:

Q: Can I install an aftermarket dash trim kit on the top of my existing factory wood dash?
A: Yes you can. We suggest that you paint your existing wood dash before installing our trim. Most factory wood dash trims are molded and our dash trims are flat, so small areas of the original wood dash trim my be exposed.
Yuck

Last edited by ///MDex; 05-06-03 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-06-03, 03:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Wood dash kit

Originally posted by RI-GS4

Just a Thought...
i agree the black gray marble was where i wanted to go but its around 1100.00 from lexus, a little too much but i think steve could get it a little better. mayb we could do a group buy and get it 4 a lot less. i'm ready 4 it .
Old 05-06-03, 03:10 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Wood dash kit

Originally posted by bluelex
i agree the black gray marble was where i wanted to go but its around 1100.00 from lexus, a little too much but i think steve could get it a little better. mayb we could do a group buy and get it 4 a lot less. i'm ready 4 it .
I think it's been tried, but let me investigate.
Old 05-06-03, 03:22 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Wood dash kit

Originally posted by Dex
The "Blackwood" kit that comes on the new SDs is pure dope.
Here's apic from someone's GS here - can't remember who. Hella clean on ivory.
Attached Thumbnails Stock black interior - how would a wood upgrade kit on the dash look?-blackwood-view-from-pass-seat.jpg  
Old 05-06-03, 05:58 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Wood dash kit

Originally posted by Dex
Here's apic from someone's GS here - can't remember who. Hella clean on ivory.
ya i love the way it looks with ivory interior but it looks killer on black too. i have biege, wanted too do it b4 but too much ,but even we get it how is it installed?

Quick Reply: Stock black interior - how would a wood upgrade kit on the dash look?