GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

time to make donations, frequent participants...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-01, 04:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey guys, not trying to put you on a guilt trip, but if you spend a lot of time here (you know who you are ), then a paypal donation to Michael seems more than reasonable. This is a TERRIFIC site. He has a convenient link to do it on the forum main page.

Old 03-24-01, 05:52 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Been there.
Done that.
Old 03-24-01, 11:26 AM
Francis K
Racer

Default Just to get an idea...

how much did you guys donate, I feel like I owe Michael too
Old 03-24-01, 11:55 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Default Re: Just to get an idea...

Originally posted by Francis K
how much did you guys donate, I feel like I owe Michael too

Quick someone quote him a high figure (six figures and up)....

I've seen a range of 5 dollars to 25 dollars.....And a pizza....thanks on the pizza.

Old 03-24-01, 01:23 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Splurge Day Pizza!!

Mike - Save that pizza for your weekly slurge day on the BFL program. It's really weird - I measured my bodyfat at the beginning of one week & didn't take the recommended splurge day & the BF level remained the same throughout the week. The next week ( with the same BF percentage staring me in the face ), I took one meal Sunday as a splurge ( strangely enough - a small vegetable pizza!! ) & the level had dropped almost 1% 3 days later!! Guess it stimulated my metabolism, just like they say. BTW - I use a Tanita scale for my BF testing - not as accurate as some others but very convenient & as long as I use it at the same time daily, the results are relative.
Old 03-24-01, 01:43 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Talking paypal

Just sent my donation!
Old 03-24-01, 05:26 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Default Re: Splurge Day Pizza!!

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Mike - Save that pizza for your weekly slurge day on the BFL program. It's really weird - I measured my bodyfat at the beginning of one week & didn't take the recommended splurge day & the BF level remained the same throughout the week. The next week ( with the same BF percentage staring me in the face ), I took one meal Sunday as a splurge ( strangely enough - a small vegetable pizza!! ) & the level had dropped almost 1% 3 days later!! Guess it stimulated my metabolism, just like they say. BTW - I use a Tanita scale for my BF testing - not as accurate as some others but very convenient & as long as I use it at the same time daily, the results are relative.
I didn't eat the pizza because of the BFL program schedule. Funny enough last week I ate whatever I wanted on Sunday (my day off) and I felt really bad even though it is allowed. I weighed myself a few days later and I lost more weight that week then the preceeding weeks where I didn't take the day off.

You gotta love the metabolism....By the way I am almost finished with my ninth week. I got three more weeks after that to finish the first BFL then I am into my second. My goal is 8 % bodyfat and when I make it that will be my day.....

The story continues.......
Old 03-24-01, 06:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

What's the 'BFL' program? I assume it's body fat level or something, but is this an Atkins type deal?
Old 03-24-01, 06:49 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
What's the 'BFL' program? I assume it's body fat level or something, but is this an Atkins type deal?
BodyForLife.com Check it out....
Old 03-25-01, 06:10 PM
Grush
Rookie

Talking

Done Deal! Thanks for a great site Mike and all those who contribute.
Old 03-25-01, 06:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by mkilty
BodyForLife.com Check it out....
Well, I see the man apparently has no credentials, no studies behind his claims, promotes supplements he's involved with, and numerous people say the pictures of before and after in his book are seriously 'doctored' (computer manipulated). Of course he's making out to be Mr. Nice Guy because he donates money to a good charity.

Having said that, if it works for you, THAT'S GREAT, but doing exercise and eating right are obvious solutions for the sedentary lives most of us lead. I realize many need a guide though and encouragement from others who have succeeded with the same materials.

Personally, I cut out eating farm animals years ago (I still eat fish though) and now do yoga and weights everyday. Works for me, and it's free.