GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Past Two Weeks Painful for GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-03, 07:34 AM
Tranman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Past Two Weeks Painful for GS

These past couple of weeks have been painful for my GS430. So far, I've managed to scrape my driver's side bumper on another car (buffed out, minimal scratches). Then I have no idea how this happened, scraped the passenger side of the bumper (buffed out, some scratches). Then a few days ago (after washing the car), found out someone scratched the rear passenger quarter panel behind the rear passenger door (should be able to be buffed it out with no scratches)..and I come out this morning noticing a small dent on the hood near the cowl.

I'm just having horrible luck with my car

Last edited by Tranman; 05-24-03 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-24-03, 02:56 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain.

Its extremely difficult keeping paint dent and scratch free. The only way to minimize these is to keep the car parked away from other people and objects.
Old 05-24-03, 08:02 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

i think someone is out for ur gs!!!!!!!!!!
lol!!!!! just playing or are they out for you?

-robert

p.s.- i forgot the dundunduuuun
Old 06-02-03, 12:18 PM
Tranman

Damn, I just looked over my car today...and found out the passenger side foglight got one of those "reverse" beebee craters (the technical term ). Oh well, I'll replace them with the yellow lensed ones if if fully cracks.... *sigh*
Old 06-02-03, 12:51 PM
GraceGSGrl
Driver School Candidate

Odd that they (whoever "they" are) can make a fabric that stops bullets (Kevlar), yet haven't figured out how to prevent dings on automobile doors, windshields and plastic lenses.
Old 06-03-03, 09:12 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel you too. The last three or four months, I have had nothing but difficulties with my car. Front bumper has been smashed twice, rear bumper hit, ding on my rear quarter panel. Car is still in shop for another week.
Old 06-03-03, 09:14 AM
Tranman

Originally posted by loonyrobert3
i think someone is out for ur gs!!!!!!!!!!
lol!!!!! just playing or are they out for you?

-robert

p.s.- i forgot the dundunduuuun
LOL
Old 06-03-03, 09:56 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tranman, if you're in Cleveland, Metro Lexus has an airbrush guy visit in a van twice a week. I'm going to have him repaint a scuff on my front bumper. They also have a paintless dent repair guy visit, I think he charges about $50 per panel.
Old 06-03-03, 11:01 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GraceGSGrl
Odd that they (whoever "they" are) can make a fabric that stops bullets (Kevlar), yet haven't figured out how to prevent dings on automobile doors, windshields and plastic lenses.
They have, it's called a Saturn!

But I hear ya, you’d think they could make a paint or clear coat that doesn't scratch so easily.

Overclocker
Old 06-03-03, 11:17 AM
brianb
Rookie

Watch where you park, never park beside two door cars since their doors are longer and swing wider. Park away from family car or cars that seem to have children in them. Park where you can see your car if possible and be careful!
Old 06-03-03, 11:48 AM
Tranman

Originally posted by squarehat
Tranman, if you're in Cleveland, Metro Lexus has an airbrush guy visit in a van twice a week. I'm going to have him repaint a scuff on my front bumper. They also have a paintless dent repair guy visit, I think he charges about $50 per panel.
Thanks for the heads up...yeah, I'm from Cleveland and I got my car from Metro. But I have a good body guy that helps me with little scuffs for basically free....but where that dent is..not sure if its repairable
Old 06-04-03, 05:53 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Wink something to say...

Strategic parking, thats the key! (no pun intended "keyed") always try to park next to "nice cars" , always take a place that only has 1 neibhor if possible. never park next to the shoping cart collection area. a freind of mine caught the wrath of a shopping cart on his bumper, ouch. just be conciuos of everything, use common sense. not a good idea to park next to a big old beat up truck... i feel your pain, but take it for what it is. i know its hard. sometimes you can real careful and ****** still happens. i TRY to tell myself its only a car, a hunk of metal (but its so b-e-a-utiful like bruce al mighty) i leave most minor scratches and small dings alone, its a used car. battle wounds, no biggie. it had a few before me, i added some. not the end of the world. another thing is there is always time to fix it. just knowing it could be fixed if i wanted helps me feel better. and finally try not to be a slave to your car, remeber you own it, not the other way around. sometimes when you worry about something too much it seems like you almost manifest it, like fate wants to prove you right?? (i also believe in car carma, never mess w/ another mans ride) drive curtious, but especially in a parking lot or near your parking location, alot of haters will take it out on your car. just my 3 cents! take care of yourselvs and your rides!!!!