GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CF Hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 06:55 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CF Hood

Anyone think the CF hood would look good on a silver GS? Or is the CF thing best left up to the IS. A friend of mine has a GS430 with some nice HREs and a 1.5" drop with coilovers, but no body kit. I dont think he is going to get one but he does want a CF hood. I was told by SUPRATRD that Quest makes a CF hood but its like $2200. If you want the best you have to pay for the best I guess. What do you guys think about this mod? Thanks for the input

Rich
Old 05-31-03, 07:19 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you got money to burn...sure why not....but what's the point of a CF hood...the GS is not a race car...why you trying to save weight?
Old 05-31-03, 07:24 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess its personal taste i've seen pics of a silver and white gs here on cl with cf hoods.. try the pics gallery and do a search 4 cf hoods, i'm not a big fan of the hood but if u like its up too u .....
Old 05-31-03, 09:18 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. I researched some places that well wrap your hood for less then then mold
can be made. It depends on if your going for the look or the weight. Shawn at Seibon told me 1200 plus the cost of the hood. If you want the mold made or send him your hood. Wrap check out street weapons kits .com Can I ask what made you think about going thay route?
Old 05-31-03, 09:34 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

My friend is the one that is interested in the CF hood. I dont really like the hood myself. I tried to talk him into getting the bonnet hood from veilside, a pretty sweet piece thats not too expensive ($900). But like supratrd told me if you want a good piece you have to go to japan and they are like $2200 over there but they will fit perfect and its a true CF hood. Im sure if the company you are talking about wraps the hood in CF that it will look like a CF hood but then there will be no weight reduction so what is the point. If you are going to do it, you might as well spend the extra $ and get the real deal.
Old 05-31-03, 10:25 PM
chanmannyhc
Driver

yo check out fiberimages for CF hood for GS around $800 real nice fit and saves about 30lb. I got mine a few months ago there is no vent or any thing oem look i love it but people are entitled to their opinion. check out the gallery for pics i have a white car so cant help out about silver part. good luck
Old 06-01-03, 08:53 PM
gt4aristo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GS4fun
but what's the point of a CF hood...the GS is not a race car...why you trying to save weight?
There you go again Mr. GS4fun...first I read that FINS don't belong on Lexus...now a GS is not a race car? It is whatever their owner wants it to be. I personally take pride in calling mine a Luxury Muscle Car. I will be shocked if you don't have any "RACE" inspired parts on your car.
Old 06-02-03, 12:34 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: CF Hood

Originally posted by GS300Rich
I was told by SUPRATRD that Quest makes a CF hood but its like $2200. If you want the best you have to pay for the best I guess. What do you guys think about this mod? Thanks for the input
Rich
Wow!!!

Attached Thumbnails CF Hood-cabon_hood.jpg  
Old 06-02-03, 12:48 PM
GraceGSGrl
Driver School Candidate

If you're gonna spend $2K+ on a hood, make sure that you pick up the $1000+ SportDesign rear lip while you're at it. Why not blow the entire wad?
Old 06-02-03, 12:59 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: CF Hood

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Wow!!!

i'm usaully not a big fan of cf but wow , i have 2 admit that does look good...
Old 06-02-03, 01:20 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Hmmmmmm, a lot of negative vibes on this thread.
If someone likes CF and wants a CF hood, why not. That quest hood looks awesome.
Old 06-02-03, 01:38 PM
gt4aristo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Richie
Hmmmmmm, a lot of negative vibes on this thread.
If someone likes CF and wants a CF hood, why not. That quest hood looks awesome.
I am with you Richie...Every GS or Aristo fan is unique. It troubles me when I see/read negative comments about ones car. It sure would be boring if all of our cars looked the same....LIKE CIVICS. Ha Ha....
Old 06-02-03, 02:09 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gt4aristo
I am with you Richie...Every GS or Aristo fan is unique. It troubles me when I see/read negative comments about ones car. It sure would be boring if all of our cars looked the same....LIKE CIVICS. Ha Ha....
True. Modding your car is something very personal. Everyone sees it differently. Not everything looks its best but you have to give them props for doing the hard work.
It is easier the be destructive then it is to be constructive.

Just my 2 euro cent
Old 06-02-03, 02:23 PM
gt4aristo
Driver School Candidate

As we all know....cars and how they look can tell alot about ones personality. The bottom line is that it takes guts to transform a luxury sedan into the Works of Art i have seen in the past 5 years. I remember back in April of 1999 at my first car show I was the only gs400 there and the class they put me in was Luxury Exotic....Even though my mods were limited at that time it was a hit....NOW look at everybody...NO JABS needed on anyones car...CUDOS to every GS owner for having the courage and guts to stick with it......
Old 06-02-03, 02:27 PM
GraceGSGrl
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by gt4aristo
Well, the very first post in the thread reads:

Anyone think the CF hood would look good on a silver GS? Or is the CF thing best left up to the IS. A friend of mine has a GS430 with some nice HREs and a 1.5" drop with coilovers, but no body kit. I dont think he is going to get one but he does want a CF hood. I was told by SUPRATRD that Quest makes a CF hood but its like $2200. If you want the best you have to pay for the best I guess. What do you guys think about this mod? Thanks for the input
The poster is asking for everyone's opinion. Are we all supposed to answer "YES"?

Quick Reply: CF Hood