GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What to do if you saw another modded up GS on the road
Chase the GS down and try to engage him to race you to see who has the ultimate GS
13.97%
Approach him calmly and just pretend he is not there
18.38%
Catch him and give him the thumbs up
67.65%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-03, 11:49 AM
DR.GS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I give them the and a nod.....Usually get the same response..
Old 06-12-03, 03:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

1st gen GS drivers seem to be on some other ***** though. I've NEVER had one come to a meet and their attitude in Atlanta seems to be "I'm the shiznit". I don't know what to say.
1SICK, how you gonna act like that? <sing like the Tyrese song> I tell you what, I'm gonna be in Greensboro, NC in August and while I'm there, I'm driving down to Fayetteville to visit my greatgrandmother. Try to set up a meet closer to NC, and I will come, just to prove you wrong, LOL
Old 06-12-03, 03:12 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Usually I gauge the other persons car, then their attitude, and I act accordingly. If the car is modded nice, and not just some spinners that stick out 2ft past the rim. I will look over, and if the dude seems cool, I will just nod, most times guys nod back, or roll their window down etc.

I dont flag guys down or give because some guys are ****** and they will diss you, then say, "yeah this dude in this so and so Lexus was swinging on my jock the other night" I cant stand for that!!

There are execptions though, some cars I see in this forum, I might run you off the road, just to say Whatup?
Old 06-12-03, 04:50 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
1SICK, how you gonna act like that? <sing like the Tyrese song> I tell you what, I'm gonna be in Greensboro, NC in August and while I'm there, I'm driving down to Fayetteville to visit my greatgrandmother. Try to set up a meet closer to NC, and I will come, just to prove you wrong, LOL
i've got 2 here and one kid is really cool met him at the gas station with the 1st gen gs. real nice kid. met another at another gas station another day he was a jerk. i was stock wheels at the time and he had some ghetto 20's and thought he was big slick. looking down at me asking me if i was going 2 upgrade my wheels. got me heated cus i said that they were on order and would b in soon,( this was when i was waiting 4 my wheels 2 come in) and he smerked like i was lying and hopped in and peeled off. but i saw him this past weekend and got even when he and his girl broke thier neck looking as i passed...

so not all r jerks , i guess theirs jerks in every model car if u think about it.
Old 06-12-03, 05:02 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lots of this:
Old 06-12-03, 05:32 PM
LexFather

I've passed out cards, spoken to em and it's like I am speaking another language. In NC, holla at Dex or DaveGS4 maybe we'll have a mini-meet. Like I said, not 1 to come to a meet in over 2 years.
Old 06-12-03, 06:49 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

I don't see ANY modded GS's around my way, but if I would run across one modded, I would simply give them the as long as they are cool about it.
Old 06-12-03, 07:59 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bluelex
. i was stock wheels at the time and he had some ghetto 20's and thought he was big slick. looking down at me asking me if i was going 2 upgrade my wheels. got me heated cus i said that they were on order and would b in soon,( this was when i was waiting 4 my wheels 2 come in) and he smerked like i was lying and hopped in and peeled off. but i saw him this past weekend and got even when he and his girl broke thier neck looking as i passed...

Hate to say it, but some 1st Gen guys can be real WANKSTAs. They buy a old beater car and put the cheapest 20s they can afford, then ride screamin I GOT DAT LEX SITTIN ON DEM THANGS PLAAAAYAAAA!!. Sucks cause it makes the guys like me look like I dont know a ballast from a control arm!!
Old 06-13-03, 12:29 AM
Tsunami
Driver School Candidate

Talking

well i haven't seen a modded gs, but saw 3 normal gs driving side by side on 405 north to seattle . and so i sped up to them and think to myself: wow, 4 gs together, cool.
anyway, i think i will get side by side with them and see what they would do first.
Old 06-13-03, 12:43 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I almost always try to catch up to them and give them the thumbs up. I have yet to run into an a$$. Everytime the other driver also gives me the thumbs up. Actually i pulled into a gas station in the 626 area and someone drivin a black GS followed me in and rolled down to window and it turns out he is on CL and wanted to remind me of a mini meet out in the area. Young or old, all the GS drivers i have met have responed with respect.

-boris
Old 06-16-03, 09:09 AM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

Old 06-16-03, 10:33 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually try to tell them about ClubLexus but it can be hard. I wish I had a ClubLexus sticker to put on my car. I actually need to become a paid member so then maybe I can get one. Anyway, I wish I had cards or something I could hand them about ClubLexus. Is there something on this site that I could print out and give out to people?
Old 06-17-03, 05:31 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday, i met up with same silver GS400 with 19inch chromes and aftermarket exhaust that I saw in the beginning on my way home. I merged on the highway and he was about 5 cars in front of me already. I raced up to catch him and pulled along side of him. I honked my horn and gave him the thumbs up.

He honked back and gave me the thumbs up.

Than he rolled down his window and asked where I got my kit from. I told him to go too clublexus. Not sure if he heard me do to all the wind noise. So if you are reading this .....nice car. I got most of my parts/kit from carson toyota. PM supratrd for more info on anything.
Old 06-17-03, 06:36 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

i would def try to catch up and give them a smile and .

i saw one down in seaside New Jersey on Saturday June 14th. it was white with tint and some nice rims. i only saw from the bak i tried to get to the side of him to just see who it was and such but i couldnt. was it any of you?? let me know.

~ Stella
Old 06-23-03, 06:56 AM
318daily
Driver School Candidate

I usually have someone else take the wheel while i press my buttcheeks against the window.

Just kidding. I look at their car and if the driver is looking back I'll give him the "young guy what's up" or the "old guy nod", depending on the driver.

Quick Reply: What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????