GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What to do if you saw another modded up GS on the road
Chase the GS down and try to engage him to race you to see who has the ultimate GS
13.97%
Approach him calmly and just pretend he is not there
18.38%
Catch him and give him the thumbs up
67.65%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 11:46 AM
sld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GS300, so I'm not doin lots 'o racin
Old 09-23-03, 09:49 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I have seen maybe 2 or 3 modded gs in Columbus . All of them were cool and I they gave me the thumbs up as I did them. Just today I saw the ugliest modded gs I have ever seen . It had the tacky **** chrome wheel trim and the chrime tint. You should of seen his rims they were diablo chrome chunks of ish .

I met one guy who owns a auto customizing shop with the rmm supercharger on his gs400. It looked totally stock no fancy rims nothing. He told me it was dynoed at 336 to the wheels.

I will say in all I have ran into a few modded Bmws and they gave me the umbs up as I did them .
Old 09-24-03, 05:29 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Well, mod's GS's around here.. There really isn't any.. But I get people driving up to me all the time giving me thumbs up and and screaming to me that my GS is beautiful.. I nod my head, and smile.. or scream THANKS!!! But when it comes to other peoples cars that are mod'd I don't really care, maybe they'll get a nod or a smile from me but that's it.. Unless it's something ridiculous then I have to give props where it's due..

Or if your that kid that pulled up to me in that riced-out Matrix with the flame decals.. Then you get me pointing and laughing at you.. Don't you love it? He thinks his ***** is just so hott, then you have a A-Hole laughing at him..
Old 09-24-03, 07:41 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

mike i'm the same way, i never race up 2 c someone, let them come by me or i'll c them when i c them, not that i'm conceded or anything just i was always that way, i don't point or stare, i just drive by..buy i try not 2 laugh if they r riced out. but i necer drool over anyones car, unless they r one of the cl god's cars
Old 09-24-03, 08:06 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Yup, always cool calm and collective... And never let them think their car is nicer that yours...
Old 09-24-03, 08:20 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by MrSypher
Yup, always cool calm and collective... And never let them think their car is nicer that yours...
u'r a silver me! or i'm a blue u! cus we think exactly the same very true...always calm..
Old 09-25-03, 03:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

That's the way it should be.......
Old 09-25-03, 03:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bluelex
u'r a silver me! or i'm a blue u!
Something like that....
Old 10-06-03, 08:13 PM
martialart
Driver

it really depends on how the car is made up? bad then i just dont look, good then i would give the
Old 10-06-03, 09:40 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bluelex
i never really like 2 eye ball someone's car... i usually don't go out of my way 2 look at a car i guess..
I look at people's cars as I pull up but not hard. I make it clear that I'm admiring the ride by checking out their rims, making eye contact and saying something like "Tight!" with a head nod. Most guys just smile and say thanks (depending on if their girl's in the car). But this one guys BACK SEAT PASSENGER looks at me and says " What the F#$% are you lookin' at?!!

To keep from getting shot, I just smirked and shook my head.

When 2 people share a common interest ESPECIALLY when you put 50 Grand into a hobby you should give 'em respect, ya think?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 10-06-03 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-08-03, 01:24 PM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

When I see any nicely modded car I usually have to put my window down to give them a because I have double limo tints so they can't even see my if my keep my windows up, but it's funny when I'm driving how people just look at my car and stair. I look at them from my dark tints and they don't even notice how i'm looking at them and laughing because it's like they got this WOW in their face. Sometimes people chase me down and when they catch up to me they're like trying to tell me to put my window down and they give Then other times I get these haters just look at the car and say "that car looks like crap". I just ask them, "What car do you drive?" and just drive away, and they stay quiet. Oh well I guess everyone has their own taste.

Last edited by Wide LS; 10-08-03 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-09-03, 06:47 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

WideLs, I hear you on that.. I get that same crap. Well, only once did someone say my car was crap but I wasn't as nice as you.. When you insult my car you insult me.. You get the foot up your azz from me.. But mostly everyone just stares.. Like tonight, I went to Taco Bell with wifey and when I pulled into the entrance wifey told me to take a look inside and she started laughing.. Everyone was looking at my car with their mouths open.. I mean everyone.. From little kids to senior citizenz... Man, it's gonna be hard to beat this project when it comes time to start something new.. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it..
Old 10-09-03, 08:47 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MrSypher
Man, it's gonna be hard to beat this project when it comes time to start something new.. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it..

Maybe not THAT hard, I know you were thinking about on of these!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 10-09-03 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-10-03, 10:39 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

where do you sign up? I am already a CL member i dont where I can get a sticker

Originally posted by Hameed
Sign up for the club membership on CL and you will get a pair of very cool stickers.

I would catch up the modded GS and give him/her the thumbs up. I would give the thumbs up to anyone with a nice car (modded or not).
Old 10-10-03, 11:04 AM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by nyczdave
where do you sign up? I am already a CL member i dont where I can get a sticker
Click "store" on the top

Quick Reply: What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????