GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What to do if you saw another modded up GS on the road
Chase the GS down and try to engage him to race you to see who has the ultimate GS
13.97%
Approach him calmly and just pretend he is not there
18.38%
Catch him and give him the thumbs up
67.65%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-04, 05:47 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a few modded GS's, there is one where I'm living now, and I had a chance to see it up close recently... From far away it looks good, but up close, not so good. It has a WIN looking kit, which i love, but it doesnt fit right up front, and it looks like they put the side skirts on backwards (put left or right side, vice-versa)
I'd still give him a if I saw him driving though, he's got some nice 20 inch Enkei's on it
Old 08-17-05, 03:49 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to reopen this ancient thread up as I am seeing more and more GS's that are no longer stock and because I am having more close encounters with modded GS owners than ever before.

I had met up with one debadged white GS in NJ, black tinted windows chrome rims who sped up from behind and than just cut right into my lane. There was absolutely no respect there for another modded GS owner.
Kind of pissed me off so we got the red at the next traffic light. It was 3 lanes and the only spot I could get was right behind him. I high beamed him, turned on the HID's/ yellow fogs, pointed at him and gave him the thumbs
Light turns green and he was off. He took off the line quickly and I had the option to pass him in the left or right. I chose left lane and just passed him with ease. Couldn't tell if he had a GS4 or GS3. He was pretty quick for a GS3 but no match for my GS4.
I wasn't as bling looking as he was, but I was definitely smiling as I passed him with ease.

Bottom line: Show some love to other GS owners or face the humiliation and get SPANKED!
Old 08-17-05, 04:01 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i seen some modded gs's around here in staten island..but its funny i only see them now i never really saw any before until i got mine in april..i try and caught up to them and look at it first and just give alil head nod..people do it to me in regular cars...its funny cause when i got some friends in the car people will like stare and my friends will be like yo what are they looking at? and im just like theyre checking out the car lol..but i love to see GS modded or not..some people do weird stuff to there GS's though..oh well
Old 08-17-05, 04:03 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Originally Posted by DrewGS4
I had to reopen this ancient thread up as I am seeing more and more GS's that are no longer stock and because I am having more close encounters with modded GS owners than ever before.

I had met up with one debadged white GS in NJ, black tinted windows chrome rims who sped up from behind and than just cut right into my lane. There was absolutely no respect there for another modded GS owner.
Kind of pissed me off so we got the red at the next traffic light. It was 3 lanes and the only spot I could get was right behind him. I high beamed him, turned on the HID's/ yellow fogs, pointed at him and gave him the thumbs
Light turns green and he was off. He took off the line quickly and I had the option to pass him in the left or right. I chose left lane and just passed him with ease. Couldn't tell if he had a GS4 or GS3. He was pretty quick for a GS3 but no match for my GS4.
I wasn't as bling looking as he was, but I was definitely smiling as I passed him with ease.

Bottom line: Show some love to other GS owners or face the humiliation and get SPANKED!

gotta show love to other GS owners...even other lexus owners but you need to show more love to gs owners..its a rule
Old 08-17-05, 04:14 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here Drew

I met a guy a couple weeks ago at the Gas Station that was really cool, Ashish Patel, I think was his name . We talked about the car, ClubLexus and a few miscellaneous things and went our ways. But most people I see on the street with GS' (modded) just ride by or look hard like theirs is tighter than mine (often NOT the case).

20 inch chrome anythings on 40 series tires, limo-tint, wheel gap and a sub box does not make you FRESH! It's heartbreaking. Their lack of taste in modding wouldn't bother me if they were cool but having the "you-can't-get-with-this" attitude just makes me shake my head and sigh.

Old 08-17-05, 07:12 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

He deserved to have his @sshanded to him. I don't own my GS yet but I can't agree with you more. When I had my Range I would always acknowledge other drivers in 50K + cars, Even if it's just a clean 25K car I give respect. I'll let them into lanes or cross in front of me, etc. As long as your not cocky and respect me and mines, I'll definitely nod and show you love. I just feel that as a fellow Luxury Car driver I know what its like to maintain your whip (cleaning, maintenance, insurance, scratches from haters who can't park). I must say it's always some clown in a Eclipse or kitted out Accord with ///AMG badges who wants to cut in front with no signals or even show the respect that is due you.

Last edited by LexLaw; 08-17-05 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-17-05, 07:37 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I couldn't agree more... I'm the type that would give a thumbs up and a say nice car... I've done that before to mustangs and such but everyone wants to race I'm a quite guy who keeps to himself and i don't act hard or cocky in fact i laugh at the guys who do because its actually funny Driving Luxury cars is a privalage if you ask me... We all should be lucky to have such nice cars... Its to bad people aren't as careful or care about things like we do.. Thats how we end up with door dings etc... because people just don't give a crap.

Tony
Old 08-17-05, 07:50 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

last night i was driving home and some dude in a 98 jetta was reving it at the light..thats what i cant stand and all's he had was an exhaust lol people see its a lexus and think you wanna race..
Old 08-17-05, 08:07 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tuddy
last night i was driving home and some dude in a 98 jetta was reving it at the light..thats what i cant stand and all's he had was an exhaust lol people see its a lexus and think you wanna race..
Yeah man, I'm so sick of the loud pipes on these civics, jettas and eclipses. If your car ain'g Porsche or something respectable I don't need to hear your exhaust. Du des with these loud-*** cars do this because without it, nobody would even look at them. Instead of harassing dudes for HIDs and Dark tints cops need to go after these fools. And that racing thing is annoying, I've had fools pull up to me in hatchbacks wanting to race me. I didn't buy my Range to race. Even if I had my GS430 I wouldn't race. I like to stunt, cruise at speeds that women can actually see my face. I'm in no rush to raise my insurance rate because some lame dude in a souped up Cavalier wants to prove his manhood.