GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What to do if you saw another modded up GS on the road
Chase the GS down and try to engage him to race you to see who has the ultimate GS
13.97%
Approach him calmly and just pretend he is not there
18.38%
Catch him and give him the thumbs up
67.65%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-03, 08:01 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????

My question is what would you do if you see another GS on the road that is slightly modded?

I found myself in this situation 3 times today. I came across a silver GS with nice 19inch chrome wheels and tinted windows. A black GS300 platinum edition with a TTE rear lip spoiler, and a white GS with the RMM kit. Wow, what are the chances of that happening in NJ all in the same day?

To see any GS that is modded is a treat for me especially when I am in my GS as well.

Well, I engaged each situation differently and would like to know what you guys would do.

Last edited by DrewGS4; 06-10-03 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-10-03, 08:29 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up never see another gs

i think i have seen one or two in my life...all were in tn at nopi last year...my car was basically stock, but seen a l-sportline gs300..nice looking...20" lownharts....gave him the thumbs up n got his business card later...another gs owner seen my car n was talking smack cuz it was not hooked up yet...just brushed him off...but i don't see many at all...you guys are lucky. definately give a thumbs up...n them stomp it hoping he or she gets the drift.
Old 06-10-03, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i will drive up and give up thumbs up. i do that to all nicely modded cars i see on the road, not just lexus
Old 06-10-03, 09:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen a few modded gs's in my are and in tampa and orlando and most are cool. They check my car out and I check theirs out and we exchange . but there was one guy that stuck out because he was such an a#$. He started talking mess to me because he had some 20" spinners. I looked at him and laughed because that was ALL that he had He was just enraged that I had the ***** to drive up next to him with my gs, which also has 20s and more. I just gave him that look that he was an idiot and drove off. What a moron So most gs owner are cool but there are always going to be a few that are jerks.
Old 06-10-03, 11:56 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why does it not suprise me that the guy with spinners thought he was "all that"?

A lot of times I see some TERRIBLY modded GS (cheap *** wheels, no lowering, etc., etc.) and I just ignore them and drive right by them...when I see a well modded one, I always give them the thumbs up and they do the same...

It's funny to see the people with all the crappy mods (regardless of their car) seem to think their car is the SHIZNIT.... Cheezeballs....
Old 06-11-03, 12:24 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

giving props to nicely modded cars is one thing, but when the driver looks at you like you are an idiot for giving a thumbs up is another - some drivers are real a$$es
Old 06-11-03, 12:27 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

On a related note, do you guys have a sticker to identify fellow CL members on the road. I mean maybe there a small sticker somewhere, maybe on a window. Something tasteful and small. Just wondering.
Old 06-11-03, 04:53 AM
Phillycat-24
Driver

Well I have seen a few here in Philly. And what I do is give them a or a head nod or beep the horn at them. But I do that when I see just a regulaer GS. I don't know why but I just show props to all the GS owners.
Old 06-11-03, 08:03 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

If I would see a modded GS here in Holland I would be awestruck!!!
Old 06-11-03, 08:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally posted by zmatrix
On a related note, do you guys have a sticker to identify fellow CL members on the road. I mean maybe there a small sticker somewhere, maybe on a window. Something tasteful and small. Just wondering.
Sign up for the club membership on CL and you will get a pair of very cool stickers.

I would catch up the modded GS and give him/her the thumbs up. I would give the thumbs up to anyone with a nice car (modded or not).
Old 06-11-03, 09:04 AM
LexFather

I usually rev the engine if we are at a light. I race but it is RARE for them to do the same. I never lose cause most people don't have suspension mods nor are they as in-tuned with the GS as I am.

As I am getting older (I guess) I speak to the GS guys with stuff maybe we would not add. They are still a GS owner and maybe they don't really know what's available for the car. I always tell them about Clublexus (they always see/comment on my stickers) and I tell them about our club SELOC and our monthly meets.

Just Saturday, I saw a GS in Atlanta, Blue, Kitted, 20" somethings. I revved and he flashed his lights and I did the same. Later on we were in the same parking lot and we spoke. He had Alabama tags if your reading this. He and his crew were cool, we asked questions and paid respects to one another.

1st gen GS drivers seem to be on some other ***** though. I've NEVER had one come to a meet and their attitude in Atlanta seems to be "I'm the shiznit". I don't know what to say.
Old 06-11-03, 03:57 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i never really like 2 eye ball someone's car. so i just drive normal if i catch up fine if i don't , no problem, but recently i have people raceing up 2 me or slowing down 2 c ,i nod if they do ...where i'm at theirs a couple gs's with rims but no kits or anything else just one (cosm) who's a member here, but i just ride. i did catch this one kid tho who owns a blue gs here with the axis seven mods in 20's... i pulled up 2 the lexus dealer and parked right next 2 him and everyone came out 2 look, salemen's and everything. but he stayed inside. i guess he didn't want 2 come out.. i usually don't go out of my way 2 look at a car i guess..
Old 06-11-03, 07:59 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

I would definetly give the thumbs up and a huge smile.

-Anthony
Old 06-11-03, 08:44 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up ;)

Always

Paul
Old 06-12-03, 10:57 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Nod and Smile!

Nod and Smile! Sometimes this:

On other notes: I still haven't put my "CL" sticker on my GS yet, don't know why but I have two things on my back window already: Pennsylvania Sheriff's Association and "VT" (Vermont) sticker. Putting any more stickers would mess up the look on the car. HAHA

Quick Reply: What would you do if you saw another Modded GS on the road????