GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2001 gs300 aristo swap won't rev past 3000

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-17, 08:59 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by K3nnydie
I got that wire added from the igniter to black/yellow wire tap it in.....

I got 1.9V with just the ignition ON Only no engine running I think I read somewhere that it should be between 9v - 12v is suppose to be good....
No that's not correct please read my posts again

If you get 1.9v at idle that is correct though which means you are getting voltage to the MAF.

You have a wiring problem.

Did you try disconnecting the tach per AristoJ's recommendation?

Last edited by GS400V8; 08-11-17 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-11-17, 09:47 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400V8

If you get 1.9v at idle that is correct though which means you are getting voltage to the MAF.
Ok

No not yet Im trying to relocate my MAF sensor to the Throttle body side at the moment thats why I have not yet to do so I will try that this weekend once i get that process done..........and will let ya guys know if it did anything..
Old 08-12-17, 09:33 AM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by burteboy
Did you try disconnecting your tach and check your acceleration.
Just tried this no go still in the same ball park....
Old 08-13-17, 11:35 AM
AristoJ
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was getting like .89 volts at the maf before I moved that wire in my grey plug. Once I moved the black wire with red stripe to the correct spot I saw 11.89 volts and all was fixed. My o2 sensor and maf had the correct voltage.
Old 08-13-17, 02:52 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

The ECU might send 12 volts to the MAF but this is only with it unplugged (previous post on other page)
The MAF will ONLY read up to 5 volts when plugged in and when operating because it is a voltage reference between the ECU/Hot Wire/Thermister (voltage reference is VB+ usually denoted for those for read schematics or are into electronics) and virtually ALL car manufacturers operate this way

So because he was measuring the MAF plugged in and was getting the correct 1.9V at idle he IS getting the correct voltage to it

Again, there is another problem and it probably has to do with a spliced wire/connecter etc.

That aside, the grey pin I pictured is the correct way, it should not be moved and that might be why you're having problems your self with the shifter. The picture I used was from a perfectly executed swap by a member on here

Last edited by GS400V8; 08-13-17 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-14-17, 04:29 AM
AristoJ
Rookie

The ECU might send 12 volts to the MAF but this is only with it unplugged (previous post on other page)
The MAF will ONLY read up to 5 volts when plugged in and when operating because it is a voltage reference between the ECU/Hot Wire/Thermister (voltage reference is VB+ usually denoted for those for read schematics or are into electronics) and virtually ALL car manufacturers operate this way

So because he was measuring the MAF plugged in and was getting the correct 1.9V at idle he IS getting the correct voltage to it

Again, there is another problem and it probably has to do with a spliced wire/connecter etc.

That aside, the grey pin I pictured is the correct way, it should not be moved and that might be why you're having problems your self with the shifter. The picture I used was from a perfectly executed swap by a member on here
I had to move my wires. I have the incorrect BLACK termination cap. Instead of the correct cap (GREY) which you guys have. So my shift lock and voltage was in incorrect sequence until I moved these wires
Old 08-14-17, 05:49 AM
K3nnydie
Driver

Old 08-17-17, 12:39 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by AristoJ
I had to move my wires. I have the incorrect BLACK termination cap. Instead of the correct cap (GREY) which you guys have. So my shift lock and voltage was in incorrect sequence until I moved these wires
How is it holding Up on your car performance now with that wire repin?
Old 08-17-17, 01:53 PM
AristoJ
Rookie

How is it holding Up on your car performance now with that wire repin?
like stock. Idle is perfect, ac works, everything works like it should except the shifter coming out of drive back to park.
Old 08-17-17, 04:10 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

like stock. Idle is perfect, ac works, everything works like it should except the shifter coming out of drive back to park.
did you use the Aristo transmission shift linkage or your stock gs300? Because they both or different you need the Aristo one .....
Old 08-17-17, 04:15 PM
AristoJ
Rookie

did you use the Aristo transmission shift linkage or your stock gs300? Because they both or different you need the Aristo one .....
I used the aristo one. I'm sure the gs300 on would work ? But I never tried it and sold the gs300 engine and tranny already
Old 08-17-17, 08:11 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Yes again you can check for 9 to 12v with the plug DISconnected but once connected it will only read 1.9v idle, 2.5v cruising, 3.7v WOT etc.

So AristoJ had a different plug. But Kenny has the correct plug and should leave it alone. You just gotta figure out why you're in limp mode man. Triple check your wiring and some more 2JZ swap threads
Old 08-19-17, 09:16 AM
K3nnydie
Driver

Yes again you can check for 9 to 12v with the plug DISconnected but once connected it will only read 1.9v idle, 2.5v cruising, 3.7v WOT etc.

So AristoJ had a different plug. But Kenny has the correct plug and should leave it alone. You just gotta figure out why you're in limp mode man. Triple check your wiring and some more 2JZ swap threads
Thats what I got 1.9V Disconnected when I Tested........
Old 08-19-17, 02:51 PM
AristoJ
Rookie

Thats what I got 1.9V Disconnected when I Tested........
when I turned on my ignition, tested the pin in the maf plug and I got 11.7 volts or so when I had re pined the maf plug and moved the black wire with red stripe.

Before i moved the black wire with red stripe in the grey plug I would get .89 volts and so like you are now. I say move it, turn ignition on, check the maf plug for more voltage , worth a shot
Old 08-23-17, 08:52 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

when I turned on my ignition, tested the pin in the maf plug and I got 11.7 volts or so when I had re pined the maf plug and moved the black wire with red stripe.

Before i moved the black wire with red stripe in the grey plug I would get .89 volts and so like you are now. I say move it, turn ignition on, check the maf plug for more voltage , worth a shot
I should try this and let you know the outcome on it if I can find my original terminal black cap......

Quick Reply: 2001 gs300 aristo swap won't rev past 3000