GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Buying a GS3 with high mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-03, 11:59 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by markjenn
I'd rather drive a 68 Nova with my own money than a Ferrari Enzo given to me by my parents.
Hmm, call me spoiled, but I'd take the Ferrari
Old 06-15-03, 06:04 PM
Limit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure that type of behavior will not help your case.
Well, a response like this was inevitable on a board that is most likely populated mainly by adults…trust me – I’ve been overly compromising about the whole situation. It’s been going on since January. He started out saying I could get a “mid-sized” car and then it seemed every choice I made got shot down. I could give a long list on why it’s been a frustrating experience but I’ll just ask that you trust me…lol

This seems like a classic case of your parents being way too involved in your life and you being way too dependent on their money to buy you a car. .............IMHO, time to leave the nest.
haha - Well I must admit that sounds more like the kind of advice my friend would give me (who also says he is going to "move out" at 17). Honestly though I see where you're coming from. I don't know....my parents still have jurisdiction over me for now so even if I had the money I can't see them "letting" me spend it on what I wanted. Like I said...they are safeness FREAKS...that's what this whole thing is about. It's amazing; I've never seen anyone care more about safeness on a car than anything else...I'd much rather drive a car that gets 4 stars in crash that looks good than a 5 star car that doesn't. With them, it's the opposite.

Plus, I don't have a job. I've only had my license since January, and my school year is pretty stressed to the max with honors/AP classes & four sports. Next year through I'm planning on dropping two of them and getting a job to help make payments IF I get something I somewhat like. I'm also selling my 2 year old ATV which will bring about $4000...and I already sold my older one which I got $1000 for.
Old 06-15-03, 06:13 PM
Limit
Driver School Candidate

Anyway, I talked directly to the owner of the car for the first time today. She said as far as she knows it hasn't had its latest due service (is it at 90k or 100k?)

I said well if that's the case then I hope the $18K was her starting price, but she made it clear that she was not budging...

She said it was cool though, she didn't "have" to sell it. ahh

Yea I admit it's kinda strange for someone entering college to be looking at a car like this...I mean all my friends drive around their Hondas or Integras with their fart pipes and stuff and I'm looking at a Lexus.

But it is like the prettiest 4 door car I've seen...especially with some of the kits they make. Everytime I come on here and see bluelex's sig I can't take my eyes off it for a few secs...

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 06-16-03, 06:35 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cheap to ship!

Originally posted by Limit
Well
Oh man, convincing my parents to buy a car off ebay would probably be impossible...and how much is shipping on cars usually? lol
Auto Carrier company will transport your ride accross country for a reasonable fee... do a search on ebay as well. Most place who sells cars on ebay have their own transport connection. ($500) ???
Old 06-16-03, 06:50 AM
apatel
Pole Position

How about the 95-99 Maximas? They look decent, are pretty reliable, not expensive to maintain and look great when modified right.
Old 06-16-03, 07:08 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Nissan!!!

What model? I have a 98 Maxima GXE, base model. It has 101K right now and still clocking.... Great car, love the jump kick on that V6 engine.... I still drive it along with my GS300.... You're right, the Maxima is a very good car... not in the same cat. as Lexus, but the price will make almost every parents smile when it comes to paying for it.

Do you know any good site for Nissan's Club? Sites for Nissan Mod???? Since, my 17 yrs old brother is taking over the Maxima and I want to help him to mod his car, but i can't find any good site for Nissan like CL's Help!
Old 06-16-03, 08:21 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Nissan!!!

Originally posted by chuckisc
What model? I have a 98 Maxima GXE, base model. It has 101K right now and still clocking.... Great car, love the jump kick on that V6 engine.... I still drive it along with my GS300.... You're right, the Maxima is a very good car... not in the same cat. as Lexus, but the price will make almost every parents smile when it comes to paying for it.

Do you know any good site for Nissan's Club? Sites for Nissan Mod???? Since, my 17 yrs old brother is taking over the Maxima and I want to help him to mod his car, but i can't find any good site for Nissan like CL's Help!
I have a 03 Maxima so recommended a newer fifth gen Maxima but Limit isn't interested. A couple of Nissan websites that I visited are Maxima.org and nissanperformancemag.com.
Old 06-16-03, 08:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Limit
Anyway, I talked directly to the owner of the car for the first time today. She said as far as she knows it hasn't had its latest due service (is it at 90k or 100k?)

I said well if that's the case then I hope the $18K was her starting price, but she made it clear that she was not budging...

She said it was cool though, she didn't "have" to sell it. ahh

Yea I admit it's kinda strange for someone entering college to be looking at a car like this...I mean all my friends drive around their Hondas or Integras with their fart pipes and stuff and I'm looking at a Lexus.

But it is like the prettiest 4 door car I've seen...especially with some of the kits they make. Everytime I come on here and see bluelex's sig I can't take my eyes off it for a few secs...

Thanks for all the replies.
hey i uderstand u completely, if its the car u really want than u should make every effort 2 get what u want, if she won't come down on the price than wait her out give her u'r info and she'll call sooner or later , in the meantime i would keep looking while u'r at it 2 c if u could an equal or better deal. look around autotrader and if u have 2 drive a couple of hrs in eigther direction do it on a weekend. what ever it takes 2 get what u really want i say. good luck and thanx 4 the compliment b4...