GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Swimming with the fishes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-18, 07:31 PM
Moorelow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swimming with the fishes

what’s sup guys! Another post with another issue I’m having with this car 😡. So I go ahead and start replacing my abs sensor bolting it all up (geez I gotta replace this front suspension looks beat!) So I cleaned the location on the part of the sensor where it reads the splines of the cv shaft. Then II get to the other end of the abs sensor and now my brain is gonna explode. Spent one hour looking for the harness to plug the darn abs sensor in and nothing. The previous owner had a front end crash but said everything was taking care of. Oh yeah it sure was! The windshield washer tank is missing there and I see nothing from the harness that connects to that or this abs wheel speed sensor. Along with a boat load of things wrong I’m ready to just call it quits with this car and pick up a fresh one. You guys think I should just part out what I need and just purchase a fresh gs300 ? I was thinking yeah I can replace the entire harness but I can’t do it alone and shops are gonna charge a lot!

Last edited by Moorelow; 03-09-18 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-09-18, 11:18 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

How long have you owned the vehicle?

Those problems sound minor as long as the vehicle frame is straight and drives straight. Do you have any clunking in your front end?

Also do you still have the black plastic inner fender cover?
Old 03-10-18, 06:09 AM
Moorelow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shwalker07
How long have you owned the vehicle?

Those problems sound minor as long as the vehicle frame is straight and drives straight. Do you have any clunking in your front end?

Also do you still have the black plastic inner fender cover?
I have owned it for about three weeks now. I actually purchased some front suspension stuff today from rockauto Moog mostly. Its just I don't have my mph because I'm unable to plug up with wheel speed sensor. Yeah the frame is good the car isn't rusted either. But I believe he hit the driver side of the front because the harness that connects the windshied washer and for the abs sensor is missing completely. I don't have the plastic fender liner on either side so I should have been able to locate it very easy.
Old 03-10-18, 03:49 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I wonder if maybe those missing connectors could just be loose wires ziptied somewhere hidden? Either way I would not give up hope and just take your time with one problem at a time.
Old 03-10-18, 04:52 PM
Moorelow
Driver School Candidate

Well I gave it another shot I’m still trying to locate the driver front abs sensor harness. I’m looking for the colors of the wires maybe. I found some but compared to what someone else had it wasn’t the right colors.

Old 03-10-18, 04:55 PM
Moorelow
Driver School Candidate

Someone guided me to this photo and said this is the abs sensor harness/plug. My harness however definitely doesn’t match up like this. I wonder if I should have him cut that whole thing out and wired it up on mine.

Old 03-10-18, 08:23 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

IMO, I wouldn't waste my time on that POS GS.