GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OMG!! They are here!! (Zauber wheels)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-03, 12:51 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet pics Danny. Me, you, Tommy, and Br1an can meet either tues or wed. I'll call u up.
Old 07-20-03, 01:00 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i just want 2 say that it looks amazing, the rear gap was already mentioned so i guess u will take care of that when u can, r u going 2 keep the gold emblems package on the car, just my opinion , its looks nicer with the chrome emblems package . so whats next? bodykit? engine upgrades?
Old 07-20-03, 02:26 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Z,

Very sweet ride you have shaping up.. Just one more thing I noticed was the rear lug nuts look like they stick out too far.. I agree with bluelex the gold lettering should come off and get chrome ones or the platnium (Black Chrome) ones.. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-20-03, 02:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Z,

Very sweet ride you have shaping up.. Just one more thing I noticed was the rear lug nuts look like they stick out too far.. I agree with bluelex the gold lettering should come off and get chrome ones or the platnium (Black Chrome) ones.. Keep up the good work!
ya i didn't notice that b4 , the rear lugs stick out a lot , why?
Old 07-20-03, 03:19 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
ya i didn't notice that b4 , the rear lugs stick out a lot , why?
Probably because his rear wheels are low disk. Nice wheels btw Danny.
Old 07-20-03, 03:42 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by BR1AN
Probably because his rear wheels are low disk. Nice wheels btw Danny.
mine r super low rear disk and don't stick out like that
Old 07-20-03, 05:05 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm...maybe they gave him the wrong lug nuts?
Old 07-20-03, 06:30 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks again guys, yeah I will have to readjust the rears and get it lower. I think I might take the front down just a tad. I know the gold lettering is tacky - one of the few things I will get around too eventually. I was looking into getting a black emblem kit but for a pre-2k1, the set will cost $180. not sure if I want to jump on that just yet. I may just go for the chrome ones.

you know I didn't realize the rear lugs until you mentioned it. Bluelex, yours doesn't stick out? I am sure GS4Will gave you similar lugs or unless you used your factory ones. I used the set that came with the gorilla locks.

I forgot to mention too that after I had my alignment done, my VSC/ABS/VSC off lights came on. I think they accidnetally hit the sensors of something because they were having a hard time with my rear alignment. It took them an hour just to get the rears done because the adjustment slot for the one of the rear toes was pinched for some reason. So now I am not sure what to do. I surely do not want to spend any more money taking it to the dealership when I have no warranty on this car. I found some threads on it and it has me worried now that I have to shell out unnecessary cash.

The next mods I am looking into is definitely replacing the emblems. After that I was thinking of getting a roof spoiler or maybe a greddy front lip if I can get my hands on one or L-tuned sides. But for the moment I am all tapped out Hopefully I will be able to find some good deals.
Old 07-20-03, 06:44 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i looked at my rears and the lugs don't stick out like that. and i got the same gorrila lugs, let me find a pic of closeups so u can c....

the VSC/ABS/VSC light comes on 4 me too, i think its normal since we tinkered with the suspension, might have 2 go 2 dealer 2 get the sensor adjusted, but i haven't yet ,it turns off when i turn off the car...it usually only comes on when i turn the wheels all the way 2 one side, other than that it doesn't come on 4 me too often.

ok found the rear lugs shot
Attached Thumbnails OMG!! They are here!! (Zauber wheels)-gettins-20-s-017a.jpg  

Last edited by bluelex; 07-20-03 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-20-03, 08:33 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Danny! You finally did it. I hope everything went well with the shop and I hope you're satisfied witht the installation. I'll catch your ride at the next meet.
Old 07-20-03, 09:06 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Bluelex, yours don't stick out....that's weird that mines does. I have to see what's the deal with the lugs. I wonder if there are differences between the front and the rear lugs? Also, your VSC lights come on too?? My are on and have stayed on since every time I drive. I am hoping that it will turn off eventually and that it doesn't affect the driveability of the vehicle. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally posted by cong28
Congrats Danny! You finally did it. I hope everything went well with the shop and I hope you're satisfied witht the installation. I'll catch your ride at the next meet.
Yeah dude, Sin(sp?)/Autohaus was very professional. He took his time installing the teins and I was very happy with it. Thanks again for hooking me up!

EDIT:
now that I have a chance to drive it around for a bit, something I wanna say about the ride quality. man I am so glad I went with the teins cs. the ride is absolutely amazing combined with the falken azenis, the ride is super quiet and suspension is really smooth. I currently have the factory settings on my teins but will mess with it when I get the correct ride height for the vehicle.

I think I should of gotten the ride height squared away first before I had the alignment done, I may have to go back to adjust the camber again

Last edited by zmatrix; 07-20-03 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-20-03, 09:32 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Z..this is weird..i gave everyone the same type of lugs+locks, why only yours stick out??
Old 07-20-03, 11:10 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Z: WHen first got my wheels/shocks/springs installed 4 wheels computer alighment done, no lights came on. Check if you have any loose sensors after the install. Or is it because i'm using 18" wheels?

ToMMy
Old 07-21-03, 05:55 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by zmatrix
Bluelex, yours don't stick out....that's weird that mines does. I have to see what's the deal with the lugs. I wonder if there are differences between the front and the rear lugs? Also, your VSC lights come on too?? My are on and have stayed on since every time I drive. I am hoping that it will turn off eventually and that it doesn't affect the driveability of the vehicle. Thanks for letting me know.
it hasn't affected my driving when they r on. i've seen other car do this too. when sicklex took a pic of speeding his vsc light were on too. wqhen u turn off the car and turn it back on the light don't go away...?
Old 07-21-03, 06:05 AM
LexFather

Those rims are so awesome...drool...

Quick Reply: OMG!! They are here!! (Zauber wheels)