GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 06:08 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn38
Adding one more. If your trying to get your freak and you dont want your running lights on just depress the emergency brake when you crank the car. Running lights will not come on until you release the emergancy brake. If your car is off and you need to push a button in the drop box just open the driver door. The buttons light up everytime you open the door even when the car is off.
This is by far the best trick !!
Old 10-02-07, 06:37 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i thought that the valet key could not open the trunk and glovebox?
It doesn't, just make sure you push the button under the dash to lock the trunk so it can't be opened from inside the car.
Old 10-18-07, 06:48 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe this thread is still going....

has anyone found the garbage disposer yet?
Old 10-18-07, 08:47 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DarKnight
It doesn't, just make sure you push the button under the dash to lock the trunk so it can't be opened from inside the car.
There's a way to fold down the rear seats to access the trunk!?!?!??
Old 10-22-07, 06:59 AM
piratesoul
Driver School Candidate

Just got a 03 GS SportDesign and was excited about the audio adjsutments, however it appears it does not work on post 01's. I can get to the 190 screen but no matter how long I hold the AM button no luck.
Old 10-29-07, 03:05 PM
Einst
Driver School Candidate

I tried the Audio trick with my 03 GS300 and got to the Japanese screen...

Since then, I have updated the satnav DVD to a 2004/2005 disk.. and when trying the proceedure again, it now comes up in English..
Basically, it just appears to be a diagnostic menu for the whole Audio/Satnav system..

John
Old 11-12-07, 09:17 PM
LexFather

Adding one more. If your trying to get your freak and you dont want your running lights on just depress the emergency brake when you crank the car. Running lights will not come on until you release the emergancy brake. If your car is off and you need to push a button in the drop box just open the driver door. The buttons light up everytime you open the door even when the car is off.
Dude, I've SO needed this and never thought about it.
Old 11-12-07, 09:30 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone please rephrase this post for me? I'd really appreciate it. "get your freak"? and "drop box"?

From what I get, I think this is a trick to keep the running lights from coming on so you can be stealth at night?
Old 11-20-07, 06:42 AM
Chris2
Pole Position

Ok I tried to get the dealer to program a few things for me. Mainly the auto lock feature. I have a 99 GS400 and he told me that it was not an option until. WTF?
Old 11-29-07, 06:57 PM
Macgyver
Lead Lap

great post. that window feature is awesome.
Old 11-29-07, 09:46 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

who knows how to open the trunk w/o having the trunk light come on?
sometimes when i play with my RCs i like to leave the trunk open for hours at a time.
Old 12-15-07, 01:55 AM
infa_red
Driver

Originally Posted by piratesoul
Just got a 03 GS SportDesign and was excited about the audio adjsutments, however it appears it does not work on post 01's. I can get to the 190 screen but no matter how long I hold the AM button no luck.
same here 01 gs430
Old 12-17-07, 06:59 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikevanle
Can someone please rephrase this post for me? I'd really appreciate it. "get your freak"? and "drop box"?

From what I get, I think this is a trick to keep the running lights from coming on so you can be stealth at night?
Yea, this trick is for when you want to spend quality time with someone else in your car at night, but you want to do it without anyone noticing that the car is on ... Whether it be in a parking lot, driveway, or side of the street ... this way your lights don't bring attention to your car so you can focus your attention on the task at hand
Old 12-17-07, 09:34 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Yea, this trick is for when you want to spend quality time with someone else in your car at night, but you want to do it without anyone noticing that the car is on ... Whether it be in a parking lot, driveway, or side of the street ... this way your lights don't bring attention to your car so you can focus your attention on the task at hand
tis especially true wwith the tinted front windshield, no one can see in for their life unless u are a foot away
Old 12-17-07, 10:14 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by excluesive
tis especially true wwith the tinted front windshield, no one can see in for their life unless u are a foot away
I have 5% all around except for the windshield ... so instead I use the sunshade to cover it up ... Pitch Black

Quick Reply: Cool "hidden" features about the GS that are not very known