GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swap- no kick down/down shift

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-18, 06:42 AM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo swap- no kick down/down shift

I recently purchased a GS300 with the Aristo swap - auto trans and 2jzgte big single turbo swap. I have put a few miles on it now and noticed that there is no kick down in the trans when I step on it. It goes through all the speeds ok seems to short shift tho, it will shift into other gears at about 3-4k RPM. If im cruising along and wanna get on it she wont kick down and go. I can manually shift it (no tip tronic) into 3rd only. If i select low or 2nd it doesnt do anything. I did some reading on it and sounds like possible wiring issue? I also looked around the gas pedal for any kind of switch and didnt see anything. Where should I start looking? Linkage? wiring? Thanks

Last edited by RPMSARISTO; 10-09-18 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-09-18, 12:06 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I don't have an answer for you, but I saw that car for sale around Johnson City, TN, correct? Think it was built by a local shop there. Looked like a really nice car.
Old 10-09-18, 12:29 PM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 400DGRZ
I don't have an answer for you, but I saw that car for sale around Johnson City, TN, correct? Think it was built by a local shop there. Looked like a really nice car.
That would be the same car you saw for sale It was built by fasttech in TN.
Old 10-09-18, 01:09 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Do you have any codes on the computer?
Old 10-09-18, 01:10 PM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Letsride
Do you have any codes on the computer?
No codes found when I first got it to check to see if there were any. Previous owner said its always been this way.
Old 10-09-18, 01:21 PM
Letsride

It should not be like that. I would like to see what the connectors look like at the ecu. Can you go above 110 MPH?
Old 10-09-18, 01:51 PM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

It should not be like that. I would like to see what the connectors look like at the ecu. Can you go above 110 MPH?
Sure can, did 125 in it saturday.... in mexico So yea when im just driving along it shifts along just fine, but if im cruising lets say 55mph and I step on it, it doesnt down shift. I should note not sure if i mentioned it above, but i can put it into 3 and she will down shift into that , but I do not have low or 2 I shift into those gears on the selector and it does nothing- no response.
Old 10-09-18, 04:46 PM
Letsride

If you are doing over 110 it means that they are using a SLD unit. I would open the box that holds the ECU and check the wiring before anything else. Every swap that i have done has never had a problem downshifting......manually or otherwise.
Old 10-10-18, 07:34 AM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

If you are doing over 110 it means that they are using a SLD unit. I would open the box that holds the ECU and check the wiring before anything else. Every swap that i have done has never had a problem downshifting......manually or otherwise.
Sounds good ill take a look. I had the cover off to see the work that was done in there. The wiring was pretty tidy. There is a lot of wiring in there any idea where I should look first? Or just check all connections/wires going into the ecu? I found this pin out on this forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...me-wiring.html I looked briefly at the gas pedal and did not see a kick down switch although it was a bit dark out, I did glance and didnt see anything just looked like a gas pedal stopper. THanks for your help.

Last edited by RPMSARISTO; 10-10-18 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-11-18, 06:48 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

do you happen to know the correct setup of this for a BPU setup

Last edited by LexLova; 10-11-18 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-11-18, 06:58 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Found this!, is this correct
Old 10-11-18, 07:38 AM
Letsride

Yes that is correct for the SLD 2
Old 10-11-18, 07:40 AM
Letsride

Originally Posted by RPMSARISTO
Sounds good ill take a look. I had the cover off to see the work that was done in there. The wiring was pretty tidy. There is a lot of wiring in there any idea where I should look first? Or just check all connections/wires going into the ecu? I found this pin out on this forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...me-wiring.html I looked briefly at the gas pedal and did not see a kick down switch although it was a bit dark out, I did glance and didnt see anything just looked like a gas pedal stopper. THanks for your help.
That is not the wiring diagram for your ecu. Look up wilbo666 he has the diagrams posted online.
Old 10-11-18, 07:56 AM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

That is not the wiring diagram for your ecu. Look up wilbo666 he has the diagrams posted online.
Any idea where the SLD unit would be on the car so I can check it?
Old 10-11-18, 08:21 AM
RPMSARISTO
Driver School Candidate

I also did a search for wilbo666 and nothing came up for him.

Quick Reply: Aristo swap- no kick down/down shift