GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fake L-Tuned GS in San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-03, 06:18 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake L-Tuned GS in San Jose

Well, I was in my old stomping grounds this past week on business. Boy, do I miss living in California! Anyway, I saw a silver GS300 on the 101 in Santa Clara with L-Tuned badging BUT NOTHING ELSE! It did not have L-Tuned exhaust, was clearly riding on stock suspension, had a stock grille, etc.

Why, oh why does Steve Ganz sell the emblems by themselves?!
Old 07-27-03, 06:27 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Why, oh why does bimmer sell "M" badges?

Last edited by RON430; 07-27-03 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-27-03, 08:44 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fake L-Tuned GS in San Jose

Originally posted by Iceman
Well, I was in my old stomping grounds this past week on business. Boy, do I miss living in California! Anyway, I saw a silver GS300 on the 101 in Santa Clara with L-Tuned badging BUT NOTHING ELSE! It did not have L-Tuned exhaust, was clearly riding on stock suspension, had a stock grille, etc.

Why, oh why does Steve Ganz sell the emblems by themselves?!
At least it's better than a GS300 owner putting on 400/430 badges
Old 07-27-03, 10:45 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Lightbulb that was me,,,

what that was me you saw, if you must know ,ya i got ltuned badges, mostly stock exterior (my preference) but i got ltuned steering and ltuned suspension? was this meant as ajoke?. i think lexus actually released a ltuned series thats mostly stock also . live and let live, dont let little things get to you, especially when your over analizing, seriously. anyone agree?
*why does everyone name drop a certain person? remember its a business...the more you sell...
Old 07-27-03, 11:18 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have L-tuned suspension, it is very visible by the obvious drop on your GS. if that really is you, then what kind of "l-tuned" suspension do you have? or what part?
Old 07-28-03, 02:12 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Thumbs down you missed my point

dont worry about what other people have, worry about yourself. as long as you got something ltuned, then you can justify having badges, even if its the steering ecu . my point was dont judge people, especially when you dont know. personally i dont have ltuned badges or suspension, or body kit, grill, or exaust. not too impressed by people who do. dont think your all cool cuz you got certain parts on your car. the parts dep. must love you l-tuned guys...peace to all! take care! and most importantly ...take it easy.
Old 07-28-03, 02:36 PM
Shogun
Driver

I get such a kick when people feel so strongly about "making their cars stand out" through badging (even if it is backed up by the actual technology).

Then again, no one can figure out why I have such a fetish in removing most, if not all, the badging on a car. I'm actually hoping someone will think I removed my badging under the scenario of..."yeah, he has a GS300 and he removed the badging so that people might think it's a 400/430".

Hey, all this goes to show that there are different strokes for different folks - some like flash - some like stealth. At the end of the day, who cares.

P.S. OK let me be obnoxious. I'm 35 and I still love it when the young'ens pull up next to me and think its a 300...hehehehe ;-)

Eric
Old 07-28-03, 02:58 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Old 07-28-03, 02:59 PM
aristo400
Rookie

Thumbs down

So I just bought a BMW 330 and also picked up some used M3 wheels. Now I can install M3 badges everywhere?

Old 07-28-03, 05:04 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people like badges and some don't. It is an easy mod to do. Personally, I have some of the L-Tuned components but did not really want to put the badges on. It is not a marque like BMW's //M badging. I don't think it adds to the car that it is L-Tuned per se. The M-series is a repackaging of the car and it makes sense to have a badge to call it out. Iceman has the full L-Tuned series 2 and it makes sense to have the badges in that case.

Still, personal preferences should be considered. If putting on a badge gives you more self satisfaction in your creation, I say go for it. Just because some people's personal opinion (in this case mine too) differs from yours, it should not change how you feel about your mods.

Peace.
Old 07-28-03, 06:30 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Yes, I suppose I got my panties in too much of a bunch over this one, but it is a minor pet peeve. Badge, debadge, rebadge, whatever floats your boat. But I will still roll my eyes when I see an ///M3 badge on the back of a 318ti, an AMG badge on a stock E320, or L-Tuned (or platinum series, or Coach edition) badges on a Lexus that doesn't even have the basic L-Tuned stuff on it. I just wonder how small a weenie needs to be to make one want to pose that they have a "better" edition than they really do.
Old 07-28-03, 06:43 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default well ...ok!

anything else you need to get of your chest, before you have a panic attack? relax, breath, count to ten. the person you saw has every right to put ltuned badges on thier car. who do you think you are? oh yeah "the iceman" comes to cali to insult a fellow lex driver, theres enough haters in cali already...anyways peace.

Last edited by elclassico; 07-29-03 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-28-03, 06:45 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't we just get along?
Old 07-28-03, 08:56 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

As the saying goes each to their own that is what makes us who we are and some are more opinionated then others. I think we all can agree on one thing and its that we like our Lexus. We should be spending our fustrations on BMWs --- J/K!
Old 07-29-03, 05:55 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I agree with elclassico on this one. This forum is the second one I have been on. I came from maxima.org and there were a bunch of people on that forum that you like to forget. Just cuz the guy has l-tuned badges doesn't make his lex a fake? Maybe he has the steerign ecu or something that isn't that easy to see. The suspension doesn't lower it that much maybe it had the suspension. But to put up a thread calling this guy out with a title of "Fake L-Tuned GS in San Jose " is rediculous.

Quick Reply: Fake L-Tuned GS in San Jose