GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Brainless Lexus Owner (What NOT to do)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-03, 11:06 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brainless Lexus Owner (What NOT to do)

4 hurt in accident after carjacking

Four people were injured and one man was arrested yesterday after a carjacking in Honolulu led to a serious traffic accident several blocks away at what has been described as one of the state's most dangerous intersections.

Police said a 31-year-old man stole a Lexus GS300 at about 3:45 p.m. from a woman who had parked the car in a lot at the corner of Philip Street and Kalakaua Avenue with the motor running , said Honolulu police Sgt. Christopher Lowell.

The woman was running errands nearby when she noticed the man attempting to take her car. She tried to stop him and was hit by the car, Lowell said.

The woman was treated at the scene for minor injuries, he said.

The fleeing car thief disregarded a red light at the busy intersection of Punahou Street and King Street near the Pee Wee Drive Inn and collided with a Dodge Neon that was traveling east on King Street, Lowell said.

The suspected thief took off running, but police arrested him about a block away on Young Street, Lowell said.

Police said they are opening a negligent injury investigation against the suspect.

The collision, which caused the Neon to hit a light pole, injured the Neon's male driver and two children. The driver, 45, and an 11-year-old boy were taken to The Queen's Medical Center in stable condition. The condition of a girl passenger was unknown, Lowell said.

Last edited by PHML; 07-29-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-29-03, 11:08 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

pic of accident
Attached Thumbnails Brainless Lexus Owner (What NOT to do)-accident.jpg  
Old 07-29-03, 11:11 AM
RIPP7399
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

ouch.....
Old 07-29-03, 11:13 AM
2g4u2c
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope that guy that stole the car gets beat down in Jail...If not by the cops by the inmates!!!...He's in Fudge packer heaven now...Good for that thieving Biznatch!!!...My heart goes out the the family in the Neon!!!
Old 07-29-03, 11:22 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes 3-4 seconds to crank up your car - not worth taking that chance to leave it running.

Thank god the people were ok in the neon.
Old 07-29-03, 02:07 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

HELLLOOOOO McFry???

1. Do not leave your car running, unlocked and unattended. EVEN IN HAWAII!!! hell EVEN IN GUAM! you're just asking for a carjacking. Whenever I go to the post office.. or when I dont want to shut off my car to keep the inside cool (been so DAMN HOT on Guam lately), I take my spare key with me and lock the doors while the engine is running.
1a. DONT run in front of a moving vehicle. your life isnt worth giving up.

2. Idiotic carthief! Was the guy from hawaii? He should have known better! that intersection @ punahou and king was rated one of the most dangerous intersections in hawaii when I was there last year. there were several others listed in a news report. but hei. first of all, you shouldnt be stealing cars in the first place! get a freakin life! apparently, you dont have even enough brains in your current trade. secondly, you not only botch up the damn job, you hit the owner??? you lookin for an attempted murder/vehicular homicide charge under your belt? lasly, HOW DARE YOU mess up that perfectly nice red GS! The Last last thing...YOU FREAKIN HURT A FAMILY!!! someone needs to take that car (after it's been deemed a total loss by the insurance) shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and shove it up your candyA$$!!! borrowing from an old quote from sicklex or bit.. 4got who.. quoting da rock

jez venting guyz....
Old 07-29-03, 02:13 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

That looks like a huge impact!!
Old 07-29-03, 02:46 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by babyGS3
HELLLOOOOO McFry???

1. Do not leave your car running, unlocked and unattended. EVEN IN HAWAII!!! hell EVEN IN GUAM! you're just asking for a carjacking. Whenever I go to the post office.. or when I dont want to shut off my car to keep the inside cool (been so DAMN HOT on Guam lately), I take my spare key with me and lock the doors while the engine is running.
1a. DONT run in front of a moving vehicle. your life isnt worth giving up.

2. Idiotic carthief! Was the guy from hawaii? He should have known better! that intersection @ punahou and king was rated one of the most dangerous intersections in hawaii when I was there last year. there were several others listed in a news report. but hei. first of all, you shouldnt be stealing cars in the first place! get a freakin life! apparently, you dont have even enough brains in your current trade. secondly, you not only botch up the damn job, you hit the owner??? you lookin for an attempted murder/vehicular homicide charge under your belt? lasly, HOW DARE YOU mess up that perfectly nice red GS! The Last last thing...YOU FREAKIN HURT A FAMILY!!! someone needs to take that car (after it's been deemed a total loss by the insurance) shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and shove it up your candyA$$!!! borrowing from an old quote from sicklex or bit.. 4got who.. quoting da rock

jez venting guyz....
Yo babyGS3 -

Take a deep breath.......... ..inhale..............now exhale. Time to take a chill pill.

With that being said....I totally agree with you. I was p1$$ed when I saw the news report last night and this A$$h0le ....who was handcuffed....had a smirk on his face.

I heard this dude was a transient and quite possibly HIGH on crystal meth (ice). We got a BIG ice problem here......maybe he thought he could sell the car to a chop shop to support his habit?

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 07-29-03 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-29-03, 02:56 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

god.. i hope that the family was not seriously hurt. that really looks like a huge accident. whoever was in the passenger seat ...er.. must have some extensive injuries.

he was under the influence!!! whoa. cant believe that...

I experienced seeing a really big accident when I was in hawaii 2 years ago. we lived on a really busy intersection near Manoa. that was scary.
Old 07-29-03, 02:56 PM
Mischievious GS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

agreed. there are WAY too many crackheads wandering the streets recently
Old 07-29-03, 05:47 PM
lawman
Driver

Default damn traffic...

First, I could not believe that there was a car jacking in Hawai`i in the first place... then stuck in dang traffic last night because of this was pretty crappy. By the way the news article is a little misleading in that the study about this intersection being a pretty bad one is based ONLY on allstate insured car accident records. The news report took a allstate study. Allstate used only the vehicles they insure. So at least for allstate insured vehicles it seems to be a high accident intersection... anyway.

The guy is described as homeless, he was clueless, children were hurt in this incident, that lady who left her lexo running got her foot run over and maybe looking at negligence claims from the injured family. Accident looked pretty brutal when I passed it last night. Lucky thing the injuries were kept to a minimal - that is a pretty busy intersection at all times of the day.

Last edited by lawman; 07-29-03 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-29-03, 07:41 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Hope everyone in the accident is ok. What are people thinking when they leave their car running and go into a store or something They are just begging to be carjacked.
Old 07-29-03, 08:11 PM
ChrisFL
Driver

Sorry, but the only part that freaks me out is the "Pee Wee Drive In"

But seriously, I know someone who had his MR2 stolen in Hawaii, he found it himself about 2 months later, just was lucky the guy hadn't replaced all the main parts of the car with aftermarket equipment, but the car was trashed a bit.
Old 07-29-03, 10:04 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

God gives bread to those who aren't hungry...