GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fastest gs300/aristo

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-18, 06:23 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fastest gs300/aristo

hey guys ive been trying to find the fastest street legal gs300/aristo and I know about that 7 Sec monster... I know in the states you have crazy laws and things like that can be street legal but I’m talking street car. Full interior,AC, full sound system. The fastest I can find in Australia is a 10.4 1/4 mile, I’m assuming the states have something that has gone faster. With what I have done to mine I’m looking at high 9 low 10’s no problem . So just wonting to see what’s out there and what I need to beat to have the fastest street legal gs300. We did a few dyno runs and the car put out 380RWKW on 98 octane, I think that’s 91 in the states and on 21psi. We never got to use e85 or 30psi coz my brand spanking new turbo failed after 16 dyno pulls. I’m not gunna name the brand as I’m in the middle of working out a deal with them and finding out what the problem was for it to fail so soon but if the blame me or my engine builder I’ll let everyone know. Its brand new engine build. So it wasn’t anything in the oil and it had a pod filter so nothing got sucked in and you can’t over speed the turbo on 21psi.. we are 3x over speeding another turbo for the last 2 years with no problem.
Old 12-20-18, 01:48 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

There's a sticky thread in the Performance section with 1/4 times.
Top 10 1/4 Mile Times
Seemed to be active up to 2017. You might be able to revive it when you get your turbo situation sorted and get some runs in. Would be interested to see your build and what you're running, you should start a build thread with your swap.

Cheers.
Old 12-20-18, 08:15 PM
firelizard

Received 452 Likes on 358 Posts

2JZ only? Based on what the car weighs, and how much power a 2JZ can make, the quickest you could hope for is 9s (as a street car). There's no way you're doing that with a full interior plus ICE though. You could probably go tens, that's within reach.

You can see this guy run 10.2 at 137 in the sort of build you're talking about. It seems they're aware of the 1/4 mile time thread here, so they're likely a member.

"Stock long block / Titan VVTI 264 cams, Motec M800 ECU, 6766 Turbo with 1200 cc injectors. Darin at DD Tuning is building the motor with some H beam rods and 10:1 pistons." and for trans "Sound Performances SP400 / Gear Vendors O.D"

In theory, 9s are possible with a fully built motor, but the car needs to start losing weight and making more power; every tenth you try to shave off is harder than the last.

That would be if you're going for quickest. I don't know what fastest trap speed is.
Old 12-20-18, 11:08 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
There's a sticky thread in the Performance section with 1/4 times.
Top 10 1/4 Mile Times
Seemed to be active up to 2017. You might be able to revive it when you get your turbo situation sorted and get some runs in. Would be interested to see your build and what you're running, you should start a build thread with your swap.

Cheers.
thanks just read over that thread, the fastest on the list is around the same time Im looking to beat here in aus. I’ll defiantly be adding my times and video of what the car does. I don’t think the car will be ready until March, so inbetween then I’ll do a build tread for sure.
Old 12-21-18, 06:43 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Originally Posted by firelizard
2JZ only? Based on what the car weighs, and how much power a 2JZ can make, the quickest you could hope for is 9s (as a street car). There's no way you're doing that with a full interior plus ICE though. You could probably go tens, that's within reach.

You can see this guy run 10.2 at 137 in the sort of build you're talking about. It seems they're aware of the 1/4 mile time thread here, so they're likely a member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3IUoDzBEGU

"Stock long block / Titan VVTI 264 cams, Motec M800 ECU, 6766 Turbo with 1200 cc injectors. Darin at DD Tuning is building the motor with some H beam rods and 10:1 pistons." and for trans "Sound Performances SP400 / Gear Vendors O.D"

In theory, 9s are possible with a fully built motor, but the car needs to start losing weight and making more power; every tenth you try to shave off is harder than the last.
That would be if you're going for quickest. I don't know what fastest trap speed is.
Stock long block / BC VVTI 264 cams with cam gears, BC titanium valve spring, haltech Elite 750 piggy backed ECU, 6766 Turbo with 1300 cc injectors, fuel system fully built for e85 2ltr surg tank with 3x 350LPH walbro pumps built in . Auto built by MV Automatices to suit 530rwkw is rated for high, I also have a zex 250hp wet shot on nos if I need it... I’ve went out and found the fastest cars I could on the net and I got everything one better without goin to crazy on the car... as the car is right now on 30psi and e85 we are set to make 1000hp and with a 250hp nos set up. I’ll happly blow the gearbox up to get the record.
The following users liked this post:
firelizard (12-21-18)
Old 12-21-18, 10:00 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Any plans for the rearend? Be impressive to see 1000whp @ 30psi with a stock long block. Definitely going to follow your build and see how you do. Awesome to see someone trying to push the limits of the car don’t be too reckless though haha don’t forget a transmission blanket if you’re willing to grenade one.
Old 12-21-18, 11:17 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
Any plans for the rearend? Be impressive to see 1000whp @ 30psi with a stock long block. Definitely going to follow your build and see how you do. Awesome to see someone trying to push the limits of the car don’t be too reckless though haha don’t forget a transmission blanket if you’re willing to grenade one.
oh sorry it won’t have 1000whp. 1000hp That will be the engine output... sorry for the confusion. I have a aristo 4speed gearbox, I have custom made tailshaft, kaaz 2way diff with gs300 gearing for the 5speed gearbox. Leaving axles as my weak point as they are easy and cheap to fix here... we Might have to play around with diff ratios. We have a lot of testing with wheel sizes and tyre combo’s . Will be using nitto’s invo on stock 17 wheels and nitto invo’s on the 19x11 to see how it goes on both tyre setups.. but the 19’s are what it will be driving on daily and then also using micky Thompson ET streets on stock 17’s. I wont be using the 19’s for a bit as the car won’t be finished, I have to take it in to have the breed widebody and full respray done.