GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

BCM issue??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-19, 07:49 PM
Ryguy12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM issue??

Hi everyone my name is Ryan. I have a 2003 gs300 been my favorite car I've ever owned but its been giving me some issues. I had some issues pop up at once and idk if it might be a bcm or a switch basically the master window switch on works with the drivers side window but none of the other buttons work. When you individually go door to door those switches do work. The next issue is that both lock and unlock switches do not work and the drivers side door does not lock or unlock with the remote, lastly when the key is removed or inserted the wheel tilt does not work like it used to all this happened at once. Im pretty sure cold weather might have played a part in it I had literally gone to the store and it worked perfect came home and when I went out a hour later I noticed my door wasn't unlocking any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-21-19, 11:50 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

1. basically the master window switch on works with the drivers side window but none of the other buttons work. When you individually go door to door those switches do work. Driver side window switch has a lock on it. It may be damaged, you may need a new switch console and/or check the driver door ecu.

2. The next issue is that both lock and unlock switches do not work
If both door does not work with the electrical switch this could be a body ecu related issue or a stuck actuator. Does the doors lock or unlock when you use the lock barrel on the outside door handle of both driver and passenger side?

and the drivers side door does not lock or unlock with the remote.
This is a faulty actuator, needs to be replaced.

3. lastly when the key is removed or inserted the wheel tilt does not work like it used to all this happened at once.
When the key is inserted, there's a key sense switch in the ignition. If the steering wheel does not move then another way to determine whether the switch is faulty or if the steering tilt motors are dead are by the chime when the driver door is open. This chime is a warning whenever the driver door is opened, key is inserted but car is not on to remind you to take the key with you. If you don't hear this chime, unplug the white connector and use a paper clip to connect the 2 wires. you should hear the chime with door open then and the steering should drop.